Per Ed Werner: No Gronk Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Re: Per Ed Werner: No Gronk Sunday

His arm may never feel 100% again. His last surgery on it was back in May. If its not good enough by now who knows how long it will take.  Its football, nobody feels 100% now and anybody could get hurt on any play. Put a good brace on it and get back out there. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

It's looking like Jimmy Graham was the better pick. 

Belichick sux

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Rather have Gronk sit till week 10 if there is any doubt...

Not sure if anybody is paying attention but we are 4-1.

Although I would have to chalk up a loss this week as the Saints are a completely different team with their coach back. Pumped up is an understatement. If our defense could hold them to under 23 we could win as I don't see our offense(no matter who is on the field) putting up back to back stinkers. I just don't know how you slow down what the Saints have right now? Who covers Sproles out of backfield? Who stops P Thomas when you MUST respect the passing game? Only way they win is if we keep giving them chances(3 and outs or turnovers) Gillette is a tough place to play despite the corporate seating.

We will need to run the ball and do what the Giants have always done to us, play complimentary football, run the ball, play keep away, play field position, but I'm not sure our offense has the stones to do it.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

My heart says that he wants to play.  Atleast I want to believe that he does.  I mean c'mon, he looks like he loves the game when he's out there.

It looks to me like he's caught in the middle of a tug-of-war between the team and his doctor,agent and family. 

Just a thought.

I still hate the fact that they put a plate in his arm when he first broke it.  Surgery should always be the last resort.   What happened to just resetting the bone and putting a cast on?

They (and he) wanted Gronk back for the playoffs. At the time, they knew surgery had risks, but allowing it to heal naturally would have meant no shot at the playoffs. So they gambled and lost at the time, and the loss has increased since then. 

He had back problems in college, he needed back surgery this summer. He broke the same arm in the same place twice and had infection issues with surgery involved. Gronk is starting to look more and more like series of injuries. I just hope his best years are not already behind him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Rather have Gronk sit till week 10 if there is any doubt...

Not sure if anybody is paying attention but we are 4-1.

Although I would have to chalk up a loss this week as the Saints are a completely different team with their coach back. Pumped up is an understatement. If our defense could hold them to under 23 we could win as I don't see our offense(no matter who is on the field) putting up back to back stinkers. I just don't know how you slow down what the Saints have right now? Who covers Sproles out of backfield? Who stops P Thomas when you MUST respect the passing game? Only way they win is if we keep giving them chances(3 and outs or turnovers) Gillette is a tough place to play despite the corporate seating.

We will need to run the ball and do what the Giants have always done to us, play complimentary football, run the ball, play keep away, play field position, but I'm not sure our offense has the stones to do it.....

I agree that they can with without Gronk if they game plan correctly, but the defense will need to hold the Saints below 23 points the offense has only scored more than that once in 5 tries this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Mike Garafolo         @MikeGarafolo

To echo @Edwerderespn, Rob Gronkowski did not receive clearance from Dr Andrews. As of now, unlikely to play Sunday.

5:24 PM - 11 Oct 201 Adam Schefter         @AdamSchefter

There is less optimism today than there was earlier this week that Rob Gronkowski will play Sunday vs. New Orleans. Still not cleared by Dr.

7:27 AM - 11 Oct 2013  

WEEI.com has learned from multiple industry sources that the arm, injured initially on Nov. 18, 2012, against the Colts, might have healed properly on its own with no surgery necessary. But the team and Gronkowski, perhaps looking to hasten his return to the field, decided upon surgery to use an implement in hopes he would be ready for the playoffs.

One source with knowledge of the initial forearm surgery told WEEI.com Thursday night that there is “serious concern” about the integrity of the bone where the implement was placed and the surrounding nerves. The source indicated that if the bone had healed on its own without an implement, there might have been no infection. However, there now are concerns that an abscess developed, causing infection and likely weakening the bone. This prompted three more surgeries in the offseason on the forearm, separate from the procedure on his back.

Any other questions?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Mike Garafolo         @MikeGarafolo

To echo @Edwerderespn, Rob Gronkowski did not receive clearance from Dr Andrews. As of now, unlikely to play Sunday.

5:24 PM - 11 Oct 201 Adam Schefter         @AdamSchefter

There is less optimism today than there was earlier this week that Rob Gronkowski will play Sunday vs. New Orleans. Still not cleared by Dr.

7:27 AM - 11 Oct 2013 

WEEI.com has learned from multiple industry sources that the arm, injured initially on Nov. 18, 2012, against the Colts, might have healed properly on its own with no surgery necessary. But the team and Gronkowski, perhaps looking to hasten his return to the field, decided upon surgery to use an implement in hopes he would be ready for the playoffs.

One source with knowledge of the initial forearm surgery told WEEI.com Thursday night that there is “serious concern” about the integrity of the bone where the implement was placed and the surrounding nerves. The source indicated that if the bone had healed on its own without an implement, there might have been no infection. However, there now are concerns that an abscess developed, causing infection and likely weakening the bone. This prompted three more surgeries in the offseason on the forearm, separate from the procedure on his back.

Any other questions?

Nope.  Here's an answer: get Gonzalez.  This isn't about Gronk any more; it's about whether THIS year's team can legitimately be a SB contender.  Right now, far from it.  How long this dog and pony show goes is anyone's guess.  

Get Gonzalez and as if it's a "problem" to have 2 top TEs going into the playoff push. Duh. (Y'know a certain conivcted murder was supposed to be part of a 2-TE game plan...)  Give ATL a first round pick.  Call it a 50/50 gamble that the pick will turn into anything Pro Bowl.  BB trades down anyway.

Watching a Keystone Kops offense against the Saints will be humiliating esp. if Brees puts up 35 without beaking a sweat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I told you all he wasn't playing this week, why didn't you listen to me.  You could have got a jump start on this thread.

I would rather him wait until next week for the division games but I am starting to wonder if he will even be ready next week.  This is horrible.  If he isn't ready for the next 2 division games starting next Sunday then what a mess this is turning out to be.  Just when the news for this O couldn't get worse, it gets worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The funniest part to me is that so many of folks here were all on-board for Gronk taking his time and making sure he was 100%. That was until of course that time exceeded what they thought was the likely logical return date, and game, in their minds. Ha!"

Hmm I'm still fine with him taking his time. I want him back for the stretch run and if he's not ready to go, I don't want him to go. 

"I am sorry, but you can't let the agent, Gronk's daddy, etc, try to dictate from the sidelines like some over-zealous parent"

You neglected to mention Dr. James Andrews, who knows more about medicine than you do about anything, hasn't cleared him Gronk to play. 

There are some also some reports the Pats asked Gronk to have surgeries he didn't need and the bone around the plate may not be as strong as it should be. If that's the case - and I take those reports with a grain of salt - it makes perfect sense for Gronk to be distrusting and careful of what he does on the field on Sunday. 

I'm not a Gronk guy, I think he's an immature idiot, but I understand why he's doing this and it doesn't make him less of a man. It's a frustrating situation, but when you draft players who have a propensity for injury, you have to learn to live with it and manage it. I take a long view of the season. I don't believe we are good enough right at this moment (or healthy enough) to beat the Saints with or without Gronk, so I'm not concerned about this one. If we win it's a bonus. 

I want to see Gronk in the field in a few weeks for the rest of the season and playoffs. If that doesn't happen he will be heading to draft bust status.. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

So what does it mean that RG is now listed as questionable for Sunday? 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/10/week_6_friday_injury_report_-_kelly_washington_out.html

Does it mean that maybe the doctor has finally given him the green light to play?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I don't have any problem at all with Gronk taking his time to come back. I do think he was rushed back last year, and that decision was a poor one both for the team and for Gronk. 

Gronk was an injury risk when he was drafted and has proved injury prone since.  I'm hoping for the best, but I really don't have a great deal of confidence that Gronk will be a major contributor this year or that his career will be long and productive.  

Why is that? You keep saying these things over and over and don't explain your opinion. In fact, you're turning into a troll.

Sell your tickets and move on.

He was not rushed back last year. Maybe he shouldn't have been drinking all the time during his rehab last year?

Injuries/broken bones don't heal as fast when ingesting alcohol on a continual basis like that.

You saw his arm in the first game back.  He could barely move it.  He clearly wasn't ready. 

He slipped in the draft because of injury concerns and, what have we seen since? Multiple injuries. I'm skeptical the pattern will change. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

VW will play more games for the Pats this year than Gronk , who has an history of injury problems and may have issues going forward based on that history.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Okay, if,that's the case then there is no excuse For him not to play. God knows this offense needs him badly. This week would have been the perfect week to have him in a marquis game at home. 

Russ, I don't think prolate is being a troll at all saying graham may have been the better pick when you have graham playing and doing well , and Gronk not even getting on the field plus all his missed time during key stretches and games. 

parcells comment on getting on the field rings true here. Regardless of how great Gronk is, he's worthless if he doesn't play. Not sure how you see a troll in that unless, like others you accuse of having blow up dolls, you don't like when yours gets stuck with a pin.

Oh come on.  His last few posts or his posts recently in general have been defeatist in tone and his anger has shown through like a mini Babe.

He only really loves the game for explosive offense which is always what I knew about him.

He really doesn't understand the finer points of the game.

Let's be honest here Rusty.  The only reason you're posting all these threads trying to find fault with Gronk, his dad, his agent, etc., is to deflect from the increasingly obvious "fine point" that Bill Belichick may have, in the end, blown both TE picks in the 2010 draft by ignoring the injury and character concerns that caused both to slip.  Your premise that Belichick is the best personnel guy in the history of the NFL and that his 2010 draft was the epitome of drafting success is starting to look a bit frayed and that's causing you to try to find someone else, like Rosenhaus, to blame for what very well might be a significant failure on the part of Belichick.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They should've put Gronk on the PUP list to begin the season.  Would've eliminated these discussions completely.

He'll be back when he gets back.  They way Brady's playing lately, I doubt he could even hit Gronk in an empty barn. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

So for all the people on here saying Gronk isn't 100 percent, oh the Pats forced Gronk to have surgery he didn't need, they rushed him back....blah blah blah....

If that's the case why doesn't Gronk set the record straight?  The idiot has been doing his best BB impression with the im day to day.  Dude has been day to day for 4 weeks now.  If he isnt ready why the heck doesnt he just say im not day to day, im weeks, months, whatever  away.  So tired of this crap.  IR him for the year and get it over with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

So for all the people on here saying Gronk isn't 100 percent, oh the Pats forced Gronk to have surgery he didn't need, they rushed him back....blah blah blah....

If that's the case why doesn't Gronk set the record straight?  The idiot has been doing his best BB impression with the im day to day.  Dude has been day to day for 4 weeks now.  If he isnt ready why the heck doesnt he just say im not day to day, im weeks, months, whatever  away.  So tired of this crap.  IR him for the year and get it over with.

Agreed.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to soups' comment:

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Agreed.  

So you want him to basically tell Belichick to take his rules and shove 'em?  That'll put him on the Adalius Thomas route pretty darn fast. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Tell Gronk he has to go home because the roster spot is needed and then see what happens.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I don't have any problem at all with Gronk taking his time to come back. I do think he was rushed back last year, and that decision was a poor one both for the team and for Gronk. 

Gronk was an injury risk when he was drafted and has proved injury prone since.  I'm hoping for the best, but I really don't have a great deal of confidence that Gronk will be a major contributor this year or that his career will be long and productive.  

Why is that? You keep saying these things over and over and don't explain your opinion. In fact, you're turning into a troll.

He was not rushed back last year. Maybe he shouldn't have been drinking all the time during his rehab last year?

Injuries/broken bones don't heal as fast when ingesting alcohol on a continual basis like that.

You saw his arm in the first game back.  He could barely move it.  He clearly wasn't ready. 

He slipped in the draft because of injury concerns and, what have we seen since? Multiple injuries. I'm skeptical the pattern will change. 

That's baloney.  He could move it, it was just weaker than he would have liked it. 

Did you play sports? Ever break a bone?  I love how he have all these experts on here.  The guy is a 23 year old beast who drinks gallons of milk per day by his own admission and in 7 weeks, a simple break in the arm can't be healed properly??

LOL!

Put some responsiblity on Gronk.  It's no secret he likes to party.  Gronk needs to take some responsibility.

VERY clearly, the team felt he was more than ready and they weren't in any hurry to rush him back into camp this year, so by not PUPing him, that clearly shows their conservative treatment of him, meant a return before Week 6.

He's got people pulling the strings for him and he's pretty much caught in the middle.

But, this garbage of Gronk being "rushed back" is utter nonsense. Another anti-BB premise is what that is.

As predicted.

Anti-BB media propaganda ALIVE AND WELL.

We're 5-0 without Gronk and arugably the best D in the league, built by BB, if your boyfriend gets his head out his butt last week in Cincy by the 3rd qtr.

Go watch PAts All Access, Prolatey.  Paul Perillo and Mike Reiss each the most ardent Brady Apologists (especially Reiss, as much as I like him) FINALLY come forward and blatantly say most of that loss was on Brady.

They show the pass to the 3 yard line to Amendola with Brady in a perfect pocket, throwing wildly and Amendola spinning to make a nice catch, unable to roll in before being touched. See?

So, here I am last Sunday talking about that very thing as a point as to WHY we lose these games. Something so small, so simple, makes us lose the game. 

Gronk, no Gronk, Brady has got to be held accountable.  

God, don't you get tired of lying through your teeth.

Perillo said the problem is the CRAP (his words) surrounding TB.  He also said, 2006 doesn't come close to this CRAP.   He also blames the GM for the CRAP, as he should.

PWF in progress, Tuesday 10/8.

Any one who wants to hear the TRUTH and not Pinocchio, go listen.

Not that it really matters what his (their) opinion is, but at least tell the truth about it.

Why is that so difficult for you?

The board would appreciate it, if you stopped spreading false info.  Thank YOU!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

That's baloney.  He could move it, it was just weaker than he would have liked it. 

Did you play sports? Ever break a bone?  I love how he have all these experts on here.  The guy is a 23 year old beast who drinks gallons of milk per day by his own admission and in 7 weeks, a simple break in the arm can't be healed properly??

LOL!

Put some responsiblity on Gronk.  It's no secret he likes to party.  Gronk needs to take some responsibility.

VERY clearly, the team felt he was more than ready and they weren't in any hurry to rush him back into camp this year, so by not PUPing him, that clearly shows their conservative treatment of him, meant a return before Week 6.

He's got people pulling the strings for him and he's pretty much caught in the middle.

But, this garbage of Gronk being "rushed back" is utter nonsense. Another anti-BB premise is what that is.

As predicted.

Anti-BB media propaganda ALIVE AND WELL.

We're 5-0 without Gronk and arugably the best D in the league, built by BB, if your boyfriend gets his head out his butt last week in Cincy by the 3rd qtr.

Go watch PAts All Access, Prolatey.  Paul Perillo and Mike Reiss each the most ardent Brady Apologists (especially Reiss, as much as I like him) FINALLY come forward and blatantly say most of that loss was on Brady.

They show the pass to the 3 yard line to Amendola with Brady in a perfect pocket, throwing wildly and Amendola spinning to make a nice catch, unable to roll in before being touched. See?

So, here I am last Sunday talking about that very thing as a point as to WHY we lose these games. Something so small, so simple, makes us lose the game. 

God, don't you get tired of lying through your teeth.

Perillo said the problem is the CRAP (his words) surrounding TB.  He also said, 2006 doesn't come close to this CRAP.   He also blames the GM for the CRAP, as he should.

PWF in progress, Tuesday 10/8.

Any one who wants to hear the TRUTH and not Pinocchio, go listen.

Not that it really matters what his (their) opinion is, but at least tell the truth about it.

Why is that so difficult for you?

The board would appreciate it, if you stopped spreading false info.  Thank YOU!

He never used the word "Crap". Nope.

For anyone to go watch Pats All Access go to Pats.com and watch for yourself.  Everyone can see Pezzy is lying.

They've apologized for Brady so many times awkwardly so on that stage for that show, but they couldn't do it this past week, it would have been unprofessional. Reiss sort of framed it as "Brady has raised the bar so high here", as an Apologist Attempt, but he realized that doesn't hold water anymore.  It's been years and years of this where Brady does not want to run the ball, stay patient and be methodical in low scoring, close, grind em out games.

We did it vs Baltimore in 2010 and we went to OT with the D outstanding, holding and holding....Remember that one?!  I do!  lmao

Enjoy the show!

Crap, was EXACTLY the word he used and Hart& Kirsh concurred.

Quit your F'n lying.  It's pathetic!

Does this statement say Reiss is blaming Brady?

Kevin (Boston)

Mike, I am worried about Brady, more specifically his age. As any athlete gets older they tend to slow down a bit. Typically we will see this in legs, arm strength etc. With Brady, could it be that he is mentally slowing down a touch?

Mike   (12:11 PM)

Kevin, I think it's fair to say, through the first five games, that Brady hasn't met the high standard he's set. But I wouldn't worry about the idea that he's slowing down. He still has it. A big part of the inconsistency has been the volatility of the unit. Not that Brady can't be better in certain areas -- he can -- but I come back to this thought: If Brady is someone's biggest worry, things should be going pretty well.

In other words, volatility='s CRAP!

I'm pretty sure Reiss and Perillo would appreciate you not lying about them also.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

MIke Reiss is not Perillo, though. Paul Perillo is Paul Perllio. lmao

You said Perillo called Brady's weapons "crap", which is an outright LIE. Again. Pezzy lying to protect his hopeful lover in the future. lol

Also, volatility is not crap. Volatility points to inconsistency or an unknown/lack of stability.

Again, go watch the end of Pats All Access and you'll see Perillo and Reiss say Brady has not played well himself this year and Perillo said this week on 98.5 "Brady has only had ONE good game this year."

Deal with it.

AGAIN listen to PFW. TUESDAY.  HE SAID CRAP< CRAP< CRAP.

Your the one who brought Reiss into it.  I just showed your pathetic lies.

More from Reiss, referring to the current pile of CRAP! 

GronK (Not playing sundays)

Mike:This is so much more then just about me... The issue on this team is deep.... You saw what happened when they played a real d...Nothing... It will be like that all year bc we have bunch of 4th or 5th type wr in a passing league...Danny wont be normal all year....Dobson is not good..Sorry... Thompkins almost drops everybody...He catches what 35% of the balls going his way...How Bill thought this was going to work is so confusion...It wont even be close to being good enough to win a SB...Not even close.

Mike   (12:38 PM)

I'll agree with part of the thought, GronK, and disagree with part of the thought. The part I agree with is that Gronkowski isn't a cure-all. If the offensive line doesn't play better than it did, if pass-catchers don't stop dropping balls, if the running game doesn't produce more consistent results, it won't matter much. ... But I think it's too early to say they can't win with the players on this roster. I remember a lot of the same people were saying the same thing in 2006 and they were right there in the end. I feel like we often want to know the ending to the story before we let the process play out. Have to let it unfold. ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I really don't get the "injury concern" argument. Football is a collision sport. It is violent. Players get hurt all the time. I would guess the percentage of college and NFL players who have never missed time due to injury is rather small.

If you say that a player is an injury risk you will be right most of the time. No cookie for you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL, Rusty.  On this board?  Brady accountable?  Will never happen.  Guess you missed the empirical proof that he has never made a QB mistake in his life and that games in which his QBR are less than 150 are the fault of his targets and O-line.

I admit he needs a better supporting cast.   And yes, he is one of the best in the game.  But he's gotta fix his own issues, too.  The rookies are rookies.  He's a 12 year veteran; he should be able to adjust better than they do.

Oh, and he's earned over $300M between contracts and endorsements in 12 years.

Sections
Shortcuts