Pereira says they should have left the flag down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Pereira says they should have left the flag down.

What is shown in this pic is actually allowed UD. I see it all the time, and you can feel out your opponent to keep track of him when the ball is in the air as long as you dont grab or hold. Take a look at a deep play and when the ball gets near, this sort of contact is allowed, its when you bear hug someone that it changes to a penalty.

Glad I could help.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Only to a liar like you troll.

I don't ever seem to recall pats fans saying the colts got shafted.  Selective anger, I guess.

The 2009 play is analogous because a flag was thrown (and the PI was upheld despite the ball being underthrown). The 2010 play is not analogous in any way, because no PI was called. Had they flagged McCourty and then picked up the flag, then it would be worth discussing, but they didn't so it isn't.  

I really don't understand what Florio is saying? Is it that McCourty would have been flagged if the pass wasn't picked off? And if so, how does he possibly know that? You see, to be a comparable play, there has to be a flag thrown. Or maybe some statement by the referee that he would have thrown the flag but for the interception. None of those things exist, as far as I can tell?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

hey babe - the game is over and the pats lost. No flag- right or wrong. Obviously you are wrong because that's how the game ended. Everybody in here is ready to let it go because just arguing the point for the sake of arguing is meaningless.

Brady was not set and he threw just a horrible ball and the only guy who ever had a chance to catch it actually was the guy on the other team. resulting in a game ending INT in the endzone. You know all this so why keep on dwelling on it?

You are Mr. Thinks he Knows it all so let me ask you this.

How much $$ and how many games do you think Brady will be suspended for after attacking the refs after the game. It looked to me like he was ready to hit the ref. NO place for that.I'm hoping they a make an example out of him. What do you think?

I'm trying not to laugh out loud while I'm typing this

Hey Leon have you seen this yet the Buttfumble has its own wiki page is it the most embarrasing moment in Jets history in your opinion?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butt_fumble

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I don't ever seem to recall pats fans saying the colts got shafted.  Selective anger, I guess.

The 2009 play is analogous because a flag was thrown (and the PI was upheld despite the ball being underthrown). The 2010 play is not analogous in any way, because no PI was called. Had they flagged McCourty and then picked up the flag, then it would be worth discussing, but they didn't so it isn't.  

I really don't understand what Florio is saying? Is it that McCourty would have been flagged if the pass wasn't picked off? And if so, how does he possibly know that? You see, to be a comparable play, there has to be a flag thrown. Or maybe some statement by the referee that he would have thrown the flag but for the interception. None of those things exist, as far as I can tell?

The point is that a defender impeded a receiver while the ball was in the air and on target to the receiver.  the ball was intercepted and no penalty was called.  The only difference between this play and last week's play is that a flag was initially thrown.  Ultimately the ref's decision on the play in 2010 and the play last week were the same. 

It is up to you to decide if they were correct or not.  I think both are argueable, but the point I am making is that the pats have benefitted in a similar circumstance.  Some here want to blather on about the pats always being on the wrong side of calls as if a conspiracy exists. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

hey babe - the game is over and the pats lost. No flag- right or wrong. Obviously you are wrong because that's how the game ended. Everybody in here is ready to let it go because just arguing the point for the sake of arguing is meaningless.

Brady was not set and he threw just a horrible ball and the only guy who ever had a chance to catch it actually was the guy on the other team. resulting in a game ending INT in the endzone. You know all this so why keep on dwelling on it?

You are Mr. Thinks he Knows it all so let me ask you this.

How much $$ and how many games do you think Brady will be suspended for after attacking the refs after the game. It looked to me like he was ready to hit the ref. NO place for that.I'm hoping they a make an example out of him. What do you think?

I'm trying not to laugh out loud while I'm typing this

Hey Leon have you seen this yet the Buttfumble has its own wiki page is it the most embarrasing moment in Jets history in your opinion?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butt_fumble

Cool

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

The point is that a defender impeded a receiver while the ball was in the air and on target to the receiver.  the ball was intercepted and no penalty was called.  The only difference between this play and last week's play is that a flag was initially thrown.  Ultimately the ref's decision on the play in 2010 and the play last week were the same. 

It is up to you to decide if they were correct or not.  I think both are argueable, but the point I am making is that the pats have benefitted in a similar circumstance.  Some here want to blather on about the pats always being on the wrong side of calls as if a conspiracy exists. 

Man give it up...  the 2 plays are not comparable simple becaue the degree of penalty is so ridculously different.  In one case you have kuechly running through Gronk With his entire body and arms wrapped around NOT LOOKING AT THE BALL  (TEXTBOOK , blatant interference as clled athousand times)  and the official threw the flag.

( I can't believe I have to type this)  The other is MCC alongside the reciever engaged in hte typical hand checking that happens on every play with every dB and receiver . both he and Garcon are decelerating and reacting to the ball.   AS IN... not obvious,not blatant, not clear cut, not flagged, not called into question.  Rather ticky tack in comparison.

you and florio are being ignorant of the magnitude of this mistake by the official.    This cannot be explained away although they are trying.  As you are...  really stupid. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Anytime anything goes against the pats they go nuts-agreed.

When a play or call works in the pats the favor there is always justification by the pats fans.

It's been 3 days now. The result-a pats LOSE will not change.It will go down as a loss-You don't have to like it but please stop whining about it.

Anybody hear anything about any fines or suspenasions for Brady for attacking the ref after the game? Fair question-Who the h ell does he theink he is?

Fans mourn losses that's what fans do. They get sore about injustice we as fans don't have to play the Broncos this weekend so we can think about it until sunday night if we like. You on here telling us to get over it is much more nuts than us not enjoying a loss...i hope that makes sense to you!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

llok at all the ignorant little dink pathetic trolls on this page ....  Wow ...  comical losers of epic magnitude.     lmao ... living the dream losers , hanging out on another teams board.  how sad...lmao.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

No it doesn't make sense to me at all. The game is over. B itching and moaning is what pats fans do best when the pats lose.Injustice my a ss! That was a bad ball! False bravado when they win.

I hate the pats and their fans and try my best to get that point across in here on a daily basis. It all goes back to Spygate.The" injustice" in that is that BB is still coaching in this league. I like watching you peoople squirm. I like watching the pats NOT winning anything since Spygate.

I also enjoy nice long walks,eating right,a good book my family and friends and watching Tom Brady get sacked and throw INT's. Especially in the endzone to end a game!LOL

Y'all have a nice night now ...ya'hear!

I don't hate the Jets but there's no need they're not very good anyway it's hardly even a rivalry this is why you hate the Pats so much because Brady and BB have won 18 out of 22 games against the Jets. You hate the Pats because they're the sole reason the Jets haven't won a division since 2002 and they barely won that. You talk about us bit ching and moaning, you wouldn't be here if the Pats were bad do you have accounts on the dolphins and bills forums...doubt it! 

If you really enjoy sacks and INTs you must have had a ball the past 2 season's with Sanchez he turned it over more than most QB's in NFL history

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The point is that a defender impeded a receiver while the ball was in the air and on target to the receiver.

LIAR!

The receiver pushed off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I hate the pats and their fans and try my best to get that point across in here on a daily basis.

Well we don't hate you. We just think you're a pathetic joke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Are we done, yet?  I do not see a reversal of the game's result so far.

How about that upcoming Pats v Broncos game, gonna be a good one!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Are we done, yet?

I doubt it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Babe... yeah, I know, really.  One of those things.  I can imagine this on other boards if it was their team.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Since you asked Leon, handicap is a 5 and hitting them a few times a week.

On another note, you need to let this go, too!  It is a two way street.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Amen - I will be bigger man and let it go. We all agree it was a horrible pass by Brady to end the game. He did the same thing in the SB with that duck he threw to Welker.BUT like I said I will be the bigger man and let it go. Maybe

A 5?handicap!-Nice ol;d AGCS can play some golf!

Nice to see you admit defeat clueless troll. It's a step in the right direction.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

hahaha- Like clockwork-It's babe! I've admitted nothing and you know it! we agree to disagree but deep down u know I'm right.I'm always right.

What did i tell you billy Boy!

This guy is way too easy!

The only thing easy relating to you is how easy it is to make you look like a complete football ignoramus.

Sections
Shortcuts