Perfect Patriots Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Perfect Patriots Draft

1st Round - Sergio Kindle.  An OLB pass rusher who can give us a pass rush.  

2nd round - Jahvid Best.  If the Pats got him in the second round he'd be a steal.  A great player who could be our franchise RB.

2nd round - Damien Williams.  Good WR would give us much needed depth and hopefully develop into a long term starter. 

2nd round - Brandon Ghee Wake Forest.  Patriots can never have enough cornerbacks and this guy has impact cover speed. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Perfect Patriots Draft

not bad, I would be happy with that draft but heres a draft that would be perfect, IMO.

At #22 overall the Pats select Dez Bryant/ Sergio Kindle, depending on who is there as I believe only one of the two, at best, will be available.

Dez Bryant is the future #1 WR on this team, if drafted.
    Sergio Kindle Improves our defense from the OLB spot by providing a spark to a non-existent pass rush. I would be equally happy with either guy at this spot.

at #44 the Pats select Jerry Hughes, LB, TCU. IMO, he posses the skill set to switch to a 3-4 OLB and succeed on the Football field. Great Pass rusher in college, will improve our D in the near future.

At #47 the Pats select Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech. a beast and quality RB for our offense. If he is available, I believe we should jump at this guy. I think he has great NFL potential, excellent size and speed ratio and produced in college. Would be a big improvement over Maroney IMO. 

Finally, at # 53 the Pats select Vlad Ducasse from Massachussets. I believe Ducasse can quickly adjust to the system and take over at RT for the New England Patriots. Our RT spot is the biggest weakness on the Line with Kaczur, Vlad Duccase would be a big improvement.

And that fellow patriots fans, is my perfect draft, or atleast the 1st two rounds anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

i'd be done with either of those playing out, but if D Bryant is available at 22 we have to pick him up. Although i feel wrong not drafting defense first, our biggest priority.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Not so sure about Kindle, but I would love to see Williams and Best playing for us on Sundays. I have split feelings about Ghee. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from iambunty. Show iambunty's posts

I wouldnt be opposed to taking dez if availabe or closeto our spot, but yes freediro and gadis I want to draft D first and I want that to address our non existing pass rush

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

All you dreamers - Hughes will be gone by #44.

#22 - Jerry Hughes
    #44 - Javid Best 

#47 - Vlad Ducasse

#57 Ricky Sapp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

22- Sergio Kindle (Starter from day 1)

44- Jahvid Best (Our chris johnson & faulk replacement)

48- Damian Williams (Will fill the void left by gaffeny)

53- Anthony McCoy (Crumpler Jr.)

119- Daniel Te'o-Neshiem (Mixed with kindle, tbc, and the hopeful crable would be a monster pass rush)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

# 22 traded for Bills #41 & #71 picks

#41 Jerry Hughes

#44 Jahvid Best

#47 Golden Tate

#53 Tyson Alualu

#71 Dennis Pita

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Bryant
    Gresham
    Sapp
    Alualu

Strong upsides with each of these and they do fill needs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Bah, How 'bout this PERFECT draft

#22 Suh
    #44 Brandon Graham
    #47 Jahvid Best
    #53 Bryant
    #118 Gresham

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Hughes will never make it to the 2nd round - there's talk of Hughes being picked in the middle of the first round.  Neither is Brandon Graham.  Or Dez Bryant.

I'd like to see the Pats package picks to trade up for:
    - Rolando McClain
    or
    - Eric Berry

Our defensive line is serviceable, but undersized Gary Guyton struggles to disengage from blocks and gets overpowered at times.  It was instantly clear to me that 

If Eric Berry is the next Ed Reed, then he'd be worth the picks to draft him because he'd be a game-changing safety in a pass-first league.

I'd love to see Jahvid Best slide into the second round because I think he would be a good value at that point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Perfect Patriots Draft:
    # 22 traded for Bills #41 & #71 picks #41 Jerry Hughes #44 Jahvid Best #47 Golden Tate #53 Tyson Alualu #71 Dennis Pita
    Posted by BradyHasMoreRings
    I like the trade thinking,only because they are trading out of the first round it's just whose the team who will be their partner this year,I think they trade down once and then out. I don't like Best as he is still having effects from the concussion that knocked him out last season. If the Patriots want a bruising back Gerhart or Blount would be good picks but not the Pothead from Ga.Tech Dwyer! If they want the best back in this draft they would take Matthews.Pitta is a very good receiving TE and Tate is a good choice! Alualu is jumping up on everyones boards so he might not be available in the 2nd round.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Also, please be realistic.

I don't think Jerry Hughes will even make it out of the first round based on recent reports, let alone sliding to the end of the second round or beginning of the 3rd round.

Same goes for Dez Bryant, who could go as high as #11 to the Broncos.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

# 22 traded for Bills #41 & #71 picks #41 Jerry Hughes #44 Jahvid Best #47 Golden Tate #53 Tyson Alualu #71 Dennis Pita

22 for 41 and 71 is a lousy trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

Also, please be realistic. I don't think Jerry Hughes will even make it out of the first round based on recent reports, let alone sliding to the end of the second round or beginning of the 3rd round. Same goes for Dez Bryant, who could go as high as #11 to the Broncos.
    Posted by NickC1188

I have Hughes going #41 whats so UNrealistic about that..Its all talk and speculation if hughes goes in 1st or not...No one knows.
    Unless your a psychic u shut ur mouth.

Hey "Based on recent reports" NickC is a D--Bag.....So i guess its true and im being realistic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Perfect Patriots Draft : 22 for 41 and 71 is a lousy trade.
    Posted by Muzwell

In ur opinion it is...but no one cares about ur opinion

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Also, please be realistic. I don't think Jerry Hughes will even make it out of the first round based on recent reports, let alone sliding to the end of the second round or beginning of the 3rd round. Same goes for Dez Bryant, who could go as high as #11 to the Broncos.
    Posted by NickC1188

I'm sorry, but you are being somewhat contradictory if you ask for a perfect draft to be realistic.  Though it does not need to be a absolute dream draft like mine, I think that Hughes in the 2nd is fair game in a "perfect draft."  Bryant at #22 is a very real possibility even in a real mock draft

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

In Response to Re: Perfect Patriots Draft : In ur opinion it is...but no one cares about ur opinion

No way the Pats pull off that dumb a trade.  Last year it took a #2 and 2 #3's for the Pats to move down from 28 to 41.  It would likely take a similar package plus a #5 or #6.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Perfect Patriots Draft : No way the Pats pull off that dumb a trade.  Last year it took a #2 and 2 #3's for the Pats to move down from 28 to 41.  It would likely take a similar package plus a #5 or #6.
    Posted by titletownfan

im not sure on the pt system in picks...so add a 3rd rounder next yr in the trade then =-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

22: Sergio Kindle
    44: Jahvid Best
    47: Vlad Ducasse
    57: Jared Velheer

rebuild the trenches AND add a playmaker to run behind them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots12x81. Show Patriots12x81's posts

In Response to Re: Perfect Patriots Draft : In ur opinion it is...but no one cares about ur opinion

its a fact! i dont even know why you posted that trade

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Your a moron.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

22+LM: traded to Carolina for D´Angelo Williams + Panther´s 3rd Rounder

44: Jerry Hughes
    47: Damian Williams/Golden Tate
    53: traded to Washington for Haynesworth + Redskins 5th rounder (switch to 43 defence, Haynesworth+Wilfork in the middle = pass rush)

66: via trade from Lions (Light + Sanders) Jared Velheer 
    78: George Selvie

119:Myron Rolle 

163:Jimmy Graham

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Posted by NickC1188

"Also, please be realistic"
    and then
    "I'd like to see the Pats package picks to trade up for:
    - Rolando McClain
    or
    - Eric Berry"

What happened to being REALISTIC?????

Berry would require moving to the top ten, BB will never give up that much ammo, same with McClain except not quite as high.
    Now, seriously, let's be realistic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotway. Show Patriotway's posts

Hate to break it to you, but Hughes and Tate won't be available where you have them slotted.

Sections
Shortcuts