Perillo on 98.5

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Perillo on 98.5

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

LOL!

They just played the Richard Sherman 2012 sound bite explaining Brady's pre game trash talk when Brdy walked up to Sherman and ask who he was.

Just great.

Then, Brady goes 1/6 in the red zone, he throws a couple picks, we can't ice the game and everyone races into blame the D losing 23-22 on the road in a tough environment.

When will it end with Brady?

All I been hearing for 3 days is BB's ridiculous rant on Welker.  When will it end with BB?

All a deflection to divert the obvious question.  "When you gonna fix that pathetic defense, Bill"?  Damn shame one player is the whole defense and was missing for the past 2 PO games.

Warned you about that a year and a half ago.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Yup, they surely would have helped, if they played.  So would have Welker and Woodhood.

It's the back ups that were the problem.  They had all of Free Agency to fix it and failed, unless you think molasses Mike and Donald Jones and Sudfeld were the answer.

I don't think Welker helps this team that much with the guys already on the roster.  He certainly doesn't replace the TEs.  We had Vereen for the games that mattered so frankly I don't get the obsession with Woodhead.  What you are talking about are the backups of the backups right now.  During FA period we still had both TEs and Vereen and JE and DA and then the rookies.  You think it's responsible to spend any real resources on guys that far down the depth chart?  The Hernandez arrest and Gronk infection and later knee injury sucker punched this team.  Even having just Hernandez would have made a pretty good impact imo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Amendola wide open on 3rd and 2 and he lobs one up to Slater. My god.

Make it stop.

How do you know Amendola was the primary read on that play?  The replay didn't show where Slater was when the ball was thrown.  Maybe he was open?

He probably wasn't. But, that doesn;t matter. It's Brady's job to go through the prrogressions.

Some tool just called up trying to blame BB for telling Brady to throw to Slater, too, which even Felger called out as total bunk.

Enough.  You can't miss gimme plays in title games like that. Have we lowered the Brady bar so low now?

If Brady is so great, why is he not above average in a game?

Lets just solve the probleM and trade Brady. We can use the picks to draft more wr's and DBS and may hit on a few. Do you support this Russ? We can then have plenty of binkies and no Brady. Sounds like a winning proposition. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

LOL!

They just played the Richard Sherman 2012 sound bite explaining Brady's pre game trash talk when Brdy walked up to Sherman and ask who he was.

Just great.

Then, Brady goes 1/6 in the red zone, he throws a couple picks, we can't ice the game and everyone races into blame the D losing 23-22 on the road in a tough environment.

All I been hearing for 3 days is BB's ridiculous rant on Welker.  When will it end with BB?

All a deflection to divert the obvious question.  "When you gonna fix that pathetic defense, Bill"?  Damn shame one player is the whole defense and was missing for the past 2 PO games.

The defense was the best in the AFC with all starters healthy to start the year, so nice try.

Did you miss the first 6 games?  LOL!

The defense was in the bottom of the league in 3rd down conversions, and run D.  Not the class of any division.

Points allowed increased significantly in the second half.

Ya I watched the first few games against rookie and Jag QB's, sure did.

Did you watch the games after that?  LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

LOL!

Just great.

The defense was the best in the AFC with all starters healthy to start the year, so nice try.

Did you miss the first 6 games?  LOL!

The defense was in the bottom of the league in 3rd down conversions, and run D.  Not the class of any division.

Points allowed increased significantly in the second half.

Ya I watched the first few games against rookie and Jag QB's, sure did.

Did you watch the games after that?  LOL

Yet Denver's D stunk per Russ. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yup, they surely would have helped, if they played.  So would have Welker and Woodhood.

It's the back ups that were the problem.  They had all of Free Agency to fix it and failed, unless you think molasses Mike and Donald Jones and Sudfeld were the answer.

I don't think Welker helps this team that much with the guys already on the roster.  He certainly doesn't replace the TEs.  We had Vereen for the games that mattered so frankly I don't get the obsession with Woodhead.  What you are talking about are the backups of the backups right now.  During FA period we still had both TEs and Vereen and JE and DA and then the rookies.  You think it's responsible to spend any real resources on guys that far down the depth chart?  The Hernandez arrest and Gronk infection and later knee injury sucker punched this team.  Even having just Hernandez would have made a pretty good impact imo.

Not the back ups of the back ups. Starters.

Amandola/Welker

Vereen/woody

Lloyd/?????  Rookies

Gronk/Hooman

Hern/Mulligan

Not acceptable replacements as starters and that's just the O.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

LOL!

Just great.

Hey I remember that game! That was the game T. Wilson got roasted for a 100 yard touchdown right down the middle! Remind me again what round Tavon Wilson went in? Good old "Super Reach". Tavon Wilson may be the only guy drafted in the second round that lived up to all the hype he received...he sucked as much as we all thought he would - well except for rusty - he peed his pants when he made a tackle in his first preseason game...who knew it would be all down hill from there? Everyone...except rusty:(

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Amandola/Welker

Vereen/woody

Lloyd/?????  Rookies

Gronk/Hooman

Hern/Mulligan

Speaking of Shane Vereen, was I the only one appalled over that article written about him in SI last month? How it took him a couple of years to understand how the Patriots require toughness in their players...really?? Really? It took you a couple of years to figure out you were playing in the NFL? Because I was sitting there wondering what the hell was wrong with you..why he would last three plays and then miss a month...little did I know that Shane didn't realize he needed to play with toughness. Boy oh boy it is very reasuring to know that NOW Vereen understands he needs to play tough and buy into the program. Makes me feel much better going forward knowing Vereen and Amendola will be carrying this offense into the twilight of Brady's career (sarcasm).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Amandola/Welker

Vereen/woody

Lloyd/?????  Rookies

Gronk/Hooman

Hern/Mulligan

In the spring they had Vereen, DA, Edelman, Gronk, Hern and 4 rookie WR.  That is already 9 receiving options.  How many more could they afford to carry on the roster?  That is my point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:

The "deflection" talk is an echo of the BB hater's - Ron Borges - article in today's Herald.

BB should stop his tirade against someone with whom he has a personal, animus...Enough of that "dirty, rotten" Welker diatribe....if we had won the game there'd be zero negative talk from BB about anyone, at least in public....Reiss of ESPN/Boston is correct when he stated today that BB's opinions ARE listened to by the NFL offices, so maybe he should complain, using video as well, of the Welker hit and force the league to outlaw COMPLETELY the "rub" or "pick" routes....

That being said the NFL is being filled with members of the BB tree, both coaching and management positions...BB cannot possibly be anything but the best GM/Coach in the NFL today...he does more with less than anyone else given that for the last 10 years he's been drafting at the end of every round unless some kind of deal has been made. In today's NFL, if you allocate cap space to one player or position you end up taking it from someone else or some other position of need for your team...it literally is a zero sum game because of the cap...from a strictly business standpoint, the Pats try to maximize their yearly playing potential to keep the value of the business at a maximum...others don't do that...other owners don't own the stadium and all the businesses surrounding the stadium...Kraft really cannot afford to win a SB one year then allow the team to disintigrate and start over once they jettison good, highly paid players and replace them all with rookies...that's NOT the way they've performed as a management since Kraft has been here. Yes, Kraft is a fan, but he's a businessman first!

I think you nailed it with BB has been doing more with less, but you can blame the GM for that.

As for all our money going to one player on the roster - not true - in fact us drafting so low every year has allowed us NOT to have to spend top 10 draft selection money on rookies. That stuff isn't cheap, especially when you look at the way it was before the rookie wage scale.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Amandola/Welker

Vereen/woody

Lloyd/?????  Rookies

Gronk/Hooman

Hern/Mulligan

Speaking of Shane Vereen, was I the only one appalled over that article written about him in SI last month? How it took him a couple of years to understand how the Patriots require toughness in their players...really?? Really? It took you a couple of years to figure out you were playing in the NFL? Because I was sitting there wondering what the hell was wrong with you..why he would last three plays and then miss a month...little did I know that Shane didn't realize he needed to play with toughness. Boy oh boy it is very reasuring to know that NOW Vereen understands he needs to play tough and buy into the program. Makes me feel much better going forward knowing Vereen and Amendola will be carrying this offense into the twilight of Brady's career (sarcasm).

I didn't read that but if true, WOW!

It also could have been Toms message, talking about the current rookie WR's.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Amandola/Welker

Vereen/woody

Lloyd/?????  Rookies

Gronk/Hooman

Hern/Mulligan

In the spring they had Vereen, DA, Edelman, Gronk, Hern and 4 rookie WR.  That is already 9 receiving options.  How many more could they afford to carry on the roster?  That is my point.

Yes, in the spring, that is true but it was clear Hern and Gronk weren't walking thru the door and they did have time to fix that, but they ended updoing nothing.

I also have a problem with 4 rookies being half their options, but you know that.Frown

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Amandola/Welker

Vereen/woody

Lloyd/?????  Rookies

Gronk/Hooman

Hern/Mulligan

Why is that "wow"?  A college graduate comes to the Univ of the NE Pats and it's not shocking to the system?

How immature are you?  I feel bad for your kids. They have no chance in life with such an immature and irrational father.

Veterans from other teams make the same comments.

The arrogance of this "mental toughness" factor for rookies or young players. YOu earn that with experience, you just don't flip a switch. And, you don't get it in college.

Mt Hurl is a moron as are you for believing the way he framed what the article was really about.

Brady referenced the rookies, needing to earn it.

I thank the Lord and I'm sure that the rest of the nation does too, that you have no kids and never will, unless you and your imaginary partner (BB doll) decide to adopt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Amandola/Welker

Vereen/woody

Lloyd/?????  Rookies

Gronk/Hooman

Hern/Mulligan

Why is that "wow"?  A college graduate comes to the Univ of the NE Pats and it's not shocking to the system?

How immature are you?  I feel bad for your kids. They have no chance in life with such an immature and irrational father.

Veterans from other teams make the same comments.

The arrogance of this "mental toughness" factor for rookies or young players. YOu earn that with experience, you just don't flip a switch. And, you don't get it in college.

Mt Hurl is a moron as are you for believing the way he framed what the article was really about.

Leave it to you to make excuses for a second round pick that spent his first two years in the league doing NOTHING!. Nothing! 

According to you that's A OK, and this is just a prime example of why anything you say football related should not be listened to. So now according to you it's just dandy to spend two years in the NFL as a second round pick not realizing you need to be tough? Good, ok, gotcha! Hear you loud and clear! Rusty doesn't think our football players need to be accountable and tough, explains a lot...like why you liked Chung.

Listen rust, these guys coming out of college are not the same as you coming out of college. You probably graduated with a useless history degree and got some job interning at some company as a paper organizer. You probably went out on Thursday nights with your friends and stumbled into work on Friday hung over or still buzzed, and why not? You were young and they weren't paying you anything...everyone does that. Signing a multi million dollar contract in a career that lasts on average for three years is totally different. Much different. Especially considering the fact that you go to work with 52 other guys who work extremely hard - a bit different than the mail room guys you hung around with.

Stop making excuses.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The "deflection" talk is an echo of the BB hater's - Ron Borges - article in today's Herald.

BB should stop his tirade against someone with whom he has a personal, animus...Enough of that "dirty, rotten" Welker diatribe....if we had won the game there'd be zero negative talk from BB about anyone, at least in public....Reiss of ESPN/Boston is correct when he stated today that BB's opinions ARE listened to by the NFL offices, so maybe he should complain, using video as well, of the Welker hit and force the league to outlaw COMPLETELY the "rub" or "pick" routes....

That being said the NFL is being filled with members of the BB tree, both coaching and management positions...BB cannot possibly be anything but the best GM/Coach in the NFL today...he does more with less than anyone else given that for the last 10 years he's been drafting at the end of every round unless some kind of deal has been made. In today's NFL, if you allocate cap space to one player or position you end up taking it from someone else or some other position of need for your team...it literally is a zero sum game because of the cap...from a strictly business standpoint, the Pats try to maximize their yearly playing potential to keep the value of the business at a maximum...others don't do that...other owners don't own the stadium and all the businesses surrounding the stadium...Kraft really cannot afford to win a SB one year then allow the team to disintigrate and start over once they jettison good, highly paid players and replace them all with rookies...that's NOT the way they've performed as a management since Kraft has been here. Yes, Kraft is a fan, but he's a businessman first!

I think you nailed it with BB has been doing more with less, but you can blame the GM for that.

As for all our money going to one player on the roster - not true - in fact us drafting so low every year has allowed us NOT to have to spend top 10 draft selection money on rookies. That stuff isn't cheap, especially when you look at the way it was before the rookie wage scale.

But drafting lower means you always have a smaller talent pool to draw from...in that respect he's done pretty darn good...in other words, it may well have resulted in 4-6 All Pros from being Pats just because of where they've drafted....once any team does well they start having to deal with demands for higher salaries...we have, and we have done well all through those years...others have not...that's a huge tribute to BB the GM...and again, they see it as a BUSINESS, not a hobby..they want to win championships, but most of all, they want to turn a yearly profit. We as fans have a strong tendency to forget that, particularly after a nasty loss like last week

No you're right, but you're forgeting one thing, we've had more draft selections over the last five years than any other team. We were stocked with second round selections - those things don't grow on trees - those are very very valuable assets...we blew a lot of those. If we have three second rounders, would you equate that to a first rounder? I sure would...and then some. Those are the things we had...and more.

I understand the draft is a inexact science, I do, but I don't feel quite the same way towards free agency. Those are players with NFL experience, they should be easier to judge, yet we have really bown that aspect of team building over the last 4-5 years.

This is just my opinion.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts