Perspective How Subpar Brady Has Been

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Perspective How Subpar Brady Has Been

Could be partly due to some lousy route-running, and Gronk's miss. I still say this is the rawest Pass-catching corp Brady's ever had to work with in the NFL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In an embarrassing display by Josh Freeman and the Vikes handing the awful Giants their first win, Freeman did this:

Ben Volin         @BenVolin

RT @ESPNStatsInfo: Josh Freeman has 11 overthrown passes, 1 shy of most by anyone in game this season (12, Tom Brady-- Sunday vs Jets)

[/QUOTE]

freeman also underthrew/threw behind every other pass haha. he's legit pathetic. but this stat is telling on how bad TB has been looking. he needs to get his release back. every pass past 15 yards is inaccurate

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

[QUOTE]

In an embarrassing display by Josh Freeman and the Vikes handing the awful Giants their first win, Freeman did this:

RT @ESPNStatsInfo: Josh Freeman has 11 overthrown passes, 1 shy of most by anyone in game this season (12, Tom Brady-- Sunday vs Jets)

[/QUOTE]

Capt'n Panic - aka #12 - needs to get his head out of his rear.  We know he's not this woeful, even with this WR corps. 

Something's going on mentally or it's a 'silent' injury with his hand or shoulder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Brady has played through injuries in the past that had noticeable impacts on his game.  Maybe that is going on here.  He could also be suffering from PWS (Post Welker Syndome).  Their brains were practically connected.  He could also be showing his age.  Yes, that is proposterous...except it isn't.  You never know when a player's performance will drop off.  It hits different players at different ages.   The only thing that is certain is that it rears its ugly head fast when it does arrive.  Week by week, more and more so-called analysyts are talking about his accuracy, especially on longer throws (N.O final drive notwithstanding).  I'd probably put my money on him playing through an injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I guess Brady won't be carrying all that deadwood BB has drafted on his back anymore dumbkoff. LMAO@U Megatool.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Tom Brady playing bad is better than half the qbs in the league- the bigger problem is the receivers and the OL playing worse than it has in ten years

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Capt'n Panic - aka #12 - needs to get his head out of his rear.  We know he's not this woeful, even with this WR corps. 

Something's going on mentally or it's a 'silent' injury with his hand or shoulder.

[/QUOTE]

Something going on, yeah!  Like horrible receivers, dude!  They can't catch, they don't know where to line up, they can't get open.  I might take the Vikings WR's over the Patriots WR.  We have the worst WR corp in the NFL.  The Jags have better.  They have Blackmon who is better then anyone we have.  Brady suffers from having a horrible, horrible GM who can't field this team with the proper players to win a SB.

And Geno Smith was doing pretty well against our D, even  without Holmes.  Imagine they points the Jets would have scored had Holmes been playing.  Scary.  I'm afraid what Manning is going to do to this defense with his outstanding cast of WR's.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

If the Patriots were in the middle of the pack with dropped passes (they are leading the league), Brady would have a completion percentage a little above 60%- playing with rookies

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Brady completed 44% of his throws against the jets when they rushed under 4 men on the d line. That's in 2 games this year.

Brady is 32nd in the NFL in completion percentage(out of 37 QB's with the minimum att's).

Almost every team has rushed 4 and dropped 7 or more when playing the Patriots this year.

What does an offense do to counter a defense blatantly using a 4, 3 and sometimes 2 man line? I read somewhere THAT YOU MAUL THEM WITH YOUR 1,200 YARD 12 TD RUNNINGBACK.

Or you could just keep doing what your doing....over and over....again and again.....no matter what's happening.

"Coachessss, you better change the strategyyyyyyyyyy" (Randy Moss's last words, halftime in the MIA lockerroom, his last game in a Patriot uniform)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Patriots were in the middle of the pack with dropped passes (they are leading the league), Brady would have a completion percentage a little above 60%- playing with rookies

[/QUOTE]

TRUTH

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Tom Brady playing bad is better than half the qbs in the league- the bigger problem is the receivers and the OL playing worse than it has in ten years

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

NO receivers, TB holding the ball too long, O-line exposed.

A little perspective on how little Rusty BB Banger knows about football.

Here's Bruschi's take.

Sound familiar?

Bill (Spokane, Washington)

Tedy,Is the Pats O-Line under performing? I expected them to be a force this season but the Bengals and Jets, two excellent D-Lines, mind you, have thrashed them. Also, lots of people blaming the rookie WR's for drops, and deservedly so, but hasn't TB-12 missed one wide open, long bomb a week? Dobson this week, Amendola last week.

Tedy   (2:04 PM)

They have gone up against some very good defensive lines with the Bengals and Jets. I, too, would have liked them to make more of a commitment to run the ball. 20 rushing attempts in a game like that isn't enough. But this offense is at a point right now where there is little margin for error. They don't have enough playmakers to make up for some  of the mistakes they are making. It seems like Tom Brady sometimes has to play perfect for them to get a win. That's almost impossible for him to do on a week to week basis.

AND THIS

Hi Tedy! How much, if any, of the Patriots' offensive woes this year do you think we can attribute to Brady's potential decline as an aging QB? Do you anticipate the Patriots potentially looking for their QB of the future next April if the entire year plays out like this?

Tedy   (2:22 PM)

Let me ask you this, Justin. Did you have these questions after last week's game vs. the Saints? Did anyone think Brady was declining after last week's win over the Saints? This is the way it goes week to week. I understand you have such passion that when you follow these teams, you want immediate answers. But the answer for Brady's performance is this: He didn't play well against the Jets on Oct. 20, 2013. But one week ago, on Oct. 13, 2013, Brady led a magical comeback that had everyone saying 'This guy has a lot left in the tank.' This is the NFL. This is how it goes. And this is why you say it over and over again, but sometimes it's not believed -- FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT. When the offense doesn't play well, you hope the defense does. Or vice versa. Or special teams forces a turnover. Logan Ryan made a great play on that INT return for a TD. Gronkowski's return, I felt, was extremely positive. I was nervous after that first play when he got a helmet right to that forearm. For him to come back and play like he did, you have to feel good about where he is going to be when the seaosn progresses. Tom Brady didn't play well yesterday. He can play better. What you need to ask yourself is this: Do you think he will play better? I do   and this

Gronk had a good game, but I feel like his return hurt Brady a bit. Tom seemed to focus all his attention on Gronk and forced a lot if balls his way. Does Brady still lack trust that much in his rokkie WRs thst he would rather throw to a double coverage Gronk than a single covered rookie?

Tedy   (2:30 PM)

One thing you have to remember is that these rookie WRs are mostly outside WRs. I wouldn't consider the young WRs in the Amendola/Welker mold.  These young WRs should have complementary roles. When you get the slot presence back, and Shane Vereen back, that's the triangle you need -- receiving TE, dependable slot WRa and a receiving running back out of the backfield that can be a threat in the screen game etc. These young outside WRs need to have a complementary role. I would rather him overly rely on Gronkowski and so would my son, who has him on his fantasy team.

Tedy,When is some of the accountability of the offemsive failures this season going to fall at McDaniels(Josh) feet? He doesn't seem to be good at making adjustments in adverse situations compared to Bill O'Brien? Your Thoughts?

Tedy   (2:01 PM)

You have to think like an offensive coordinator. If you want to make adjustments, what players are going to carry those adjustments out? How much confidence would you have in your rookie WRs? If you're involving your RBs in adjustments, how complex can you be because they struggle catching the ball. I think that creativity will come out more when Shane Vereen and Danny Amendola are on the field.

Just a little REAL perspective from someone who doesn't sell snake oil on the phone for a living.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

NO receivers, TB holding the ball too long, O-line exposed.

A little perspective on how little Rusty BB Banger knows about football.

Here's Bruschi's take.

Sound familiar?

Bill (Spokane, Washington)

Tedy,Is the Pats O-Line under performing? I expected them to be a force this season but the Bengals and Jets, two excellent D-Lines, mind you, have thrashed them. Also, lots of people blaming the rookie WR's for drops, and deservedly so, but hasn't TB-12 missed one wide open, long bomb a week? Dobson this week, Amendola last week.

Tedy   (2:04 PM)

They have gone up against some very good defensive lines with the Bengals and Jets. I, too, would have liked them to make more of a commitment to run the ball. 20 rushing attempts in a game like that isn't enough. But this offense is at a point right now where there is little margin for error. They don't have enough playmakers to make up for some  of the mistakes they are making. It seems like Tom Brady sometimes has to play perfect for them to get a win. That's almost impossible for him to do on a week to week basis.

AND THIS

Hi Tedy! How much, if any, of the Patriots' offensive woes this year do you think we can attribute to Brady's potential decline as an aging QB? Do you anticipate the Patriots potentially looking for their QB of the future next April if the entire year plays out like this?

Tedy   (2:22 PM)

Let me ask you this, Justin. Did you have these questions after last week's game vs. the Saints? Did anyone think Brady was declining after last week's win over the Saints? This is the way it goes week to week. I understand you have such passion that when you follow these teams, you want immediate answers. But the answer for Brady's performance is this: He didn't play well against the Jets on Oct. 20, 2013. But one week ago, on Oct. 13, 2013, Brady led a magical comeback that had everyone saying 'This guy has a lot left in the tank.' This is the NFL. This is how it goes. And this is why you say it over and over again, but sometimes it's not believed -- FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT. When the offense doesn't play well, you hope the defense does. Or vice versa. Or special teams forces a turnover. Logan Ryan made a great play on that INT return for a TD. Gronkowski's return, I felt, was extremely positive. I was nervous after that first play when he got a helmet right to that forearm. For him to come back and play like he did, you have to feel good about where he is going to be when the seaosn progresses. Tom Brady didn't play well yesterday. He can play better. What you need to ask yourself is this: Do you think he will play better? I do   and this

Gronk had a good game, but I feel like his return hurt Brady a bit. Tom seemed to focus all his attention on Gronk and forced a lot if balls his way. Does Brady still lack trust that much in his rokkie WRs thst he would rather throw to a double coverage Gronk than a single covered rookie?

Tedy   (2:30 PM)

One thing you have to remember is that these rookie WRs are mostly outside WRs. I wouldn't consider the young WRs in the Amendola/Welker mold.  These young WRs should have complementary roles. When you get the slot presence back, and Shane Vereen back, that's the triangle you need -- receiving TE, dependable slot WRa and a receiving running back out of the backfield that can be a threat in the screen game etc. These young outside WRs need to have a complementary role. I would rather him overly rely on Gronkowski and so would my son, who has him on his fantasy team.

Tedy,When is some of the accountability of the offemsive failures this season going to fall at McDaniels(Josh) feet? He doesn't seem to be good at making adjustments in adverse situations compared to Bill O'Brien? Your Thoughts?

Tedy   (2:01 PM)

You have to think like an offensive coordinator. If you want to make adjustments, what players are going to carry those adjustments out? How much confidence would you have in your rookie WRs? If you're involving your RBs in adjustments, how complex can you be because they struggle catching the ball. I think that creativity will come out more when Shane Vereen and Danny Amendola are on the field.

Just a little REAL perspective from someone who doesn't sell snake oil on the phone for a living.[/QUOTE]

Why would we listen to bruschi if we have somebody who really knows football like rusty? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Stat line says:"Tom Brady led the league in errant passes last week."

Brady Washers: Those goddamn WRs! If they would only go get those bad passes they wouldn't be bad passes.

Clowns of the Earth, this stat has nothing to do with the WR play. Brady was, and has been, awful for most of the season. Open your eyes, fools.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah.  Brady's been awful.

Guys to throw to:

Undrafted free agent rookie

Rookie

Rookie

Undrafted tight end rookie busteroni ("Sudfeld has emerged")

A special teams guy

Mr. Injury

--

On Sunday, he got a real ball catcher finally.  Despite the ball catcher just returning from major surgery and injury, he went for over 100 yards.  It's what happens when you give you a world class quarterback quality people that can play NFL football.

Brady's career completion average is 63.4%.  Last year he finished at 63%.  His career low is 60.2%.  Presently he's at 55.4%.  Do people think he just fell off a cliff over the summer?

Nope.  His receivers are garbage.  Blaming Brady for his stats would be like blaming Richard Petty for not winning the Daytona 500 in a Yugo.

You have to be wicked stupid not to realize this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady Washers: Those goddamn WRs! If they would only go get those bad passes they wouldn't be bad passes.

Clowns of the Earth, this stat has nothing to do with the WR play. Brady was, and has been, awful for most of the season. Open your eyes, fools.

[/QUOTE]

Does the label "errant passes" account for blown routes?  ("Ah...Jules")

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What blown routes? He targeted Gronk and Edelman mostly...cause those are vets in our system and your BB bashing would need to stop. Gronk targeted 17 times, Julie targeted 9 times, Dobson 6...

Dobson, by himself, got two bad passes from Brady. Wide open TD that Brady missed against Cromatie whe he had a step on him and another wide open TD that Dobson had seperation on Milner. Dobson caught three balls and couldn't corral a back shoulder pass.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

lol I'll give the Brady apologists credit. They are consistent even if completely unobjective and illusory.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

What blown routes? He targeted Gronk and Edelman mostly...cause those are vets in our system and your BB bashing would need to stop. Gronk targeted 17 times, Julie targeted 9 times, Dobson 6...

Dobson, by himself, got two bad passes from Brady. Wide open TD that Brady missed against Cromatie whe he had a step on him and another wide open TD that Dobson had seperation on Milner. Dobson caught three balls and couldn't corral a back shoulder pass.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he mostly targeted the guy playing in his first game back from injury and the special teams guy.  Great.  Those were his best options.  Awesome.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Listen, rusty jr.

Gronk ran a bad route. FACT

If JE is your best route runner, you are in serious shyt.

There is ZERO synergy on this offense because the moving parts, individually, SUCK or are broken.

Worst starting receivers in the league.  FACT!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Over a period of one game, if you bang Tom Brady (or almost any quarterback) around, he doesn't throw so well.  The defensive coordinator often tries to get as many hits as possible on a QB.  After that, it's a matter of getting the lucky hit on the QB or not getting it.  The Jets game was one game.

Another question is whether Brady was seeing guys open deep this game, and he wanted to put the ball where only the blue player could get to it.  It could be that the Jets were sitting on short routes and daring the Pats to hit the deep ball.  Deep shots are more chancy than short slants, especially with these rookies running funny routes.  Perhaps the Jets have developed a new way of jiggling a receiver so that he can't catch up to the ball.   

All this being said, people are keenly evaluating Brady to see if he's on the decline, and of so, by how much.  Yes, he's declining, probably pretty slowly.  He never was great at throwing the deep ball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Agreed, Tom Brady is starting off slow this year. He's not the TB we are use to. But, this team averages 3.4 losses a year, they always improve as the season progresses. Thinking he will improve...  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

We have to agree this has been a most unusual season.  Brady is definitely off his game.  Why is the mystery question.  As some have said here, you don't drop off the edge of a cliff, performance wise, in one season.  The combination of all sorts of factors on the offensive side of the ball have colluded to bring us this unattractive offense.  We just have to trust the players are doing their best to make it work and play better.  The only thing I can think of to improve this even faster, is to have Rusty take over at QB since he knows the most about quality QB play and can teach TB a thing or two.  Take that "recliner QB" experience to the field because Rusty knows all!!  (-;

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady completed 44% of his throws against the jets when they rushed under 4 men on the d line. That's in 2 games this year.

Brady is 32nd in the NFL in completion percentage(out of 37 QB's with the minimum att's).

Almost every team has rushed 4 and dropped 7 or more when playing the Patriots this year.

What does an offense do to counter a defense blatantly using a 4, 3 and sometimes 2 man line? I read somewhere THAT YOU MAUL THEM WITH YOUR 1,200 YARD 12 TD RUNNINGBACK.

Or you could just keep doing what your doing....over and over....again and again.....no matter what's happening.

"Coachessss, you better change the strategyyyyyyyyyy" (Randy Moss's last words, halftime in the MIA lockerroom, his last game in a Patriot uniform)

[/QUOTE]

Run, screen, draw, check-down.    Are you listening Josh?   I didn't think so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

[QUOTE]

Alex Smith ALSO has brand new WRs in KC and has little to no problem managing games or sustaining some drives.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

Alex smith? Brady is playing better than alex smith. Alex smith sucks

Sections
Shortcuts