Perspective How Subpar Brady Has Been

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

Re: Perspective How Subpar Brady Has Been

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mpb2008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats are 5-2 so far.  Winning is what its all about.  I have seen Brady for years light up the NFL only to see then not win a title. 

Brady is still elite.  If you compare Brady to other really good QB's (Ryan, Big Ben, Eli, Flacco...etc)...you will see Brady has had to deal with far more than any QB out there this year.....and yet he wins, where the other can't...even though they have had only a fraction of what Brady has dealt with.

The real measure would be to strip top 5 receivers, from each team and replace them with mostly rookies and see how that QB and team would do.  I dont believe for a second any QB in the league would have done better then Brady.....thats the real measure.

The unit as a whole will get better.....get DA and Vereen back, play a couple of games as a whole and I think everything will look very different.

[/QUOTE]

That is false.  Brady has had the GM here to give him overall really good continuity. The O Line, the RBs, BB has a very good D now (albeit with some injuries right now), etc.

Flacco just lost his LT to MIami and has a crap one acquired from Jax, Pitt and NYGs just won their first games because their GMs have those teams in a cap hell, which I warned about.

Everything I say here, I get mocked, but then when it happens, everyone tries to deflect from what I said.

I don't want Brady channeling Jay Cutler in SBs or channeling Josh Freeman in a regular season game.

Period.

I don't see why this sentiment is offensive. Either you're a fan of this team or you're a fan of Tom Brady only.

It's high time, HIGH TIME, this town, the media and the fans start putting some accountability on the golden boy. A big reason why we walk away blowing leads in playoff games, scoring 13 points, every January or February now, is because Brady thought he was above everyone else and not to be held accountable as he tries to put up aerial stats.

Gronk was targeted 17 times on Sunday. 17 times.   CASE CLOSED

[/QUOTE]

Like I said...take top 5 receivers from any team and see how that team and that QB would do.  Proof is in the pudding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hey NAS, will you admit Brady overthrew Dobson twice or not?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Mallett is subpar, obviously, but Brady has played for years, takes all the snaps, plays in the games, etc.

There is no denying Brady's fundamentals, game management skills, decisions, etc, have faded in recent years.

In 2011, when I brought this up, his INT rate was skyrocketing to his highest rate of his career. I was attacked, banned numerous times, etc.  THen, I warned about the playoffs, the SB, etc, and look what he did.  

If he's so great, why does he do the little things so bad?  

Look, I don't care what his stat lines look like. I want the guy to make those one, maybe 2 or 3 decisons that are the right ones in close games, so we can win the game.  

[/QUOTE]

If he's so bad, why does BB stay with him?

[/QUOTE]

What is he supposed to do?  Swap Brady for another elite QB midseason? Who do you suggest, Catfish? Hmmm?

[/QUOTE]

Well, let's see.   You say you've seen the deterioration since at least 2011.  That would have given BB 3 years to fix it.   Assuming, that is, BB sees things the same way.  So, if the problem has persisted for 3 years or more it's not like he'd have to make a mid-season panic move.   He would have planned for this contingency.  No?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady tosses 17 to Gronk because his other receivers lead the league in SUCK.

It's high time the media and the fans start start putting accountability to the GM who gave his HoF qb, the equivalent of tackling dummies as receivers.

Worst collection of starting WR's in the league.  FACT!

[/QUOTE]

LOL

Here, here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah.  Brady's been awful.

Guys to throw to:

Undrafted free agent rookie

Rookie

Rookie

Undrafted tight end rookie busteroni ("Sudfeld has emerged")

A special teams guy

Mr. Injury

--

On Sunday, he got a real ball catcher finally.  Despite the ball catcher just returning from major surgery and injury, he went for over 100 yards.  It's what happens when you give you a world class quarterback quality people that can play NFL football.

Brady's career completion average is 63.4%.  Last year he finished at 63%.  His career low is 60.2%.  Presently he's at 55.4%.  Do people think he just fell off a cliff over the summer?

Nope.  His receivers are garbage.  Blaming Brady for his stats would be like blaming Richard Petty for not winning the Daytona 500 in a Yugo.

You have to be wicked stupid not to realize this.

[/QUOTE]

You are the same as Rusty.

Are you not the guy who is always saying no matter how many times you say something does not make it true.

The fact that you try to disparage Edelman by calling him the special teams guy does not make it true. You try to spin your list by not naming guys and trying to put whatever negative label you want on guys. You are doing the same thing as Rusty. Edelman has been a WR in the Patriots systems pretty much since he arrived, regardless of whether he has started or not to this point. How many years was Troy Brown on the Patriots before getting a starting role? Is he always just a special teams guy also? Edelman is currently tied for 3rd in the league in receptions. Enough with the spin.

...and are you or are you not the same guy who correctly pointed out to others the other day that Jones said "x" and BB acknowledged "x" but Pats fans say oh no they didn't do "x".

You are doing the same thing right now defending Brady when Brady himself said he needs to play better. He's been meh for too much of the season so far. He knows it and has called himself out.

You should try listening to the very good points you make to others because right now, in this thread, you sound just like them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Alex Smith ALSO has brand new WRs in KC and has little to no problem managing games or sustaining some drives.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

Does Alex Smith have all the rookies Brady has?  Injuries?  Hern situation?  Its one thing coming in to a team with vets, its another trying it with rookies

[/QUOTE]

Tony Moeaki shares a similar skill set as Hernandez. Moaki is done for the year.Hasn't played a down this year to help Alex SMith.

[/QUOTE]

Tony Moeaki????  Seriously?  Your comparing Moeaki's loss to what Brady has lost? 

[/QUOTE]

Did I say that, MORON?  I said Moeaki and Hernandez shared the same potent skill sets.

Hernandez is not here for Brady, Moeaki not there for Smith. Get it?

If you can't read, don't post.

[/QUOTE]

So when you are losing is your think to name call like a child?  Are you not educated enough to have an intelligent conversation?

I have not problem not only reading what you say, but reading what your implying.....both whcih are off base by all accounts.

You must be a non pats fan here to do your thing.....which is fine, but at least try to be intelligent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

How am I missing the point, LowFBIQ?

[/QUOTE]

only because you didn't even need to go outside the Pats to make your point. 

Maybe missing the point was a poor choice of wording. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you not the guy who is always saying no matter how many times you say something does not make it true.

The fact that you try to disparage Edelman by calling him the special teams guy does not make it true. You try to spin your list by not naming guys and trying to put whatever negative label you want on guys. You are doing the same thing as Rusty. Edelman has been a WR in the Patriots systems pretty much since he arrived, regardless of whether he has started or not to this point. How many years was Troy Brown on the Patriots before getting a starting role? Is he always just a special teams guy also? Edelman is currently tied for 3rd in the league in receptions. Enough with the spin.

...and are you or are you not the same guy who correctly pointed out to others the other day that Jones said "x" and BB acknowledged "x" but Pats fans say oh no they didn't do "x".

You are doing the same thing right now defending Brady when Brady himself said he needs to play better. He's been meh for too much of the season so far. He knows it and has called himself out.

You should try listening to the very good points you make to others because right now, in this thread, you sound just like them.

[/QUOTE]

What am I saying that isn't true? 

Edelman had a career high three TDs on 21 catches last season.  The rest of his career he has been a kick returner.  He's been pressed into action because Belichick couldn't do any better this year despite his Merlin like abilities.

Amendola is Mr. Injury.  That signing is a total joke.

Undrafted rookie and rookie are correct monikers.  I'm not creating names for these guys.

Brady can certainly play better, but everyone can at all times.  No one is perfect.  He doesn't deserve 1/10th of the grief he gets here from the people who think he suddenly has fallen off a cliff in ability.

His receivers are total garbage, yet somehow they are 5-2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What am I saying that isn't true? 

Edelman had a career high three TDs on 21 catches last season.  The rest of his career he has been a kick returner.  He's been pressed into action because Belichick couldn't do any better this year despite his Merlin like abilities.

Amendola is Mr. Injury.  That signing is a total joke.

Undrafted rookie and rookie are correct monikers.  I'm not creating names for these guys.

Brady can certainly play better, but everyone can at all times.  No one is perfect.  He doesn't deserve 1/10th of the grief he gets here from the people who think he suddenly has fallen off a cliff in ability.

His receivers are total garbage, yet somehow they are 5-2.

[/QUOTE]

That's very unfair to Edelman.  The fact is, he has performed well as a receiver before.  Remember Brady's first year back, after his injury.  The playoff game against the Ravens, it seemed like he was about the only player who chose to show up that day and he had some nice numbers as a receiver.  Don't try to tell us that this is the first year he has ever shown any ability as a receiver.

Also, total garbage doesn't get you to 5-2.  These rookie receivers have as much to do with the current record as TB does, especially when you take his inconsistencies into consideration this season.

I agree with you on one point...they can all play better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Alex Smith ALSO has brand new WRs in KC and has little to no problem managing games or sustaining some drives.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

Does Alex Smith have all the rookies Brady has?  Injuries?  Hern situation?  Its one thing coming in to a team with vets, its another trying it with rookies

[/QUOTE]

Tony Moeaki shares a similar skill set as Hernandez. Moaki is done for the year.Hasn't played a down this year to help Alex SMith.

[/QUOTE]

Tony Moeaki????  Seriously?  Your comparing Moeaki's loss to what Brady has lost? 

[/QUOTE]

Did I say that, MORON?  I said Moeaki and Hernandez shared the same potent skill sets.

Hernandez is not here for Brady, Moeaki not there for Smith. Get it?

If you can't read, don't post.

[/QUOTE]

So when you are losing is your think to name call like a child?  Are you not educated enough to have an intelligent conversation?

I have not problem not only reading what you say, but reading what your implying.....both whcih are off base by all accounts.

You must be a non pats fan here to do your thing.....which is fine, but at least try to be intelligent.

[/QUOTE]

Did you just show weak reading comprehension, challenge my comparison in skill sets in Hernandez and Moeaki, and then say I need to be more intelligent?

bawhhahahahh

Cannot be made up.

You tried to make a point, I countered with ease, mentioning the very good Moeaki gone for the year for Smith, and then you buckled.

Period. Take your loss in the debate like a man and move on.

[/QUOTE]

Glad to see your proving my point regarding you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's very unfair to Edelman.  The fact is, he has performed well as a receiver before.  Remember Brady's first year back, after his injury.  The playoff game against the Ravens, it seemed like he was about the only player who chose to show up that day and he had some nice numbers as a receiver.  Don't try to tell us that this is the first year he has ever shown any ability as a receiver.

Also, total garbage doesn't get you to 5-2.  These rookie receivers have as much to do with the current record as TB does, especially when you take his inconsistencies into consideration this season.

I agree with you on one point...they can all play better.

[/QUOTE]

Garbage receivers can get you to 5-2 when you have Tom Brady, a soft schedule and a defense that plays well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

@ Atlanta

@ Cincy

vs NOs

is not a "soft schedule"

Toolie.

We win in Cincy and this past Sunday if Brady does not crap his pants in the second half wanting to throw at an obscene rate.

Note how it's a close game, where we all but abandon the run, Brady sucks, and then fans want to scapegoat the O Line or some rookie WR.

Last year it was scapegoating Lloyd or lack of YAC as a the 4th or 5th preferred target or Branch "too old and can't get separation", and now it's "he has rookie WRs" or "the O LIne isn't good" out of the woodwork.

No, McDaniels is sketchy and Brady has been subpar overall.

[/QUOTE]

You blamed McDaniels in another thread today for abandoning the run, suggesting that Brady should refuse to play like that.

Now you're blaming Brady for wanting to throw at an obscene rate.

You're the worst.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

You blamed McDaniels in another thread today for abandoning the run, suggesting that Brady should refuse to play like that.

You're the worst.

[/QUOTE]

Dont worry, NAS. Some people just can't make up their minds.

Brady has been very subpar this year. His line hasn't been great, but certainly not the worst in the world. It's more of a testament to how well the O-Line has played in past years.

Anybody who thinks yesterday should be pinned on bad receiving is way out of line. Brady had open receivers, and he just couldn't hit them. It doesn't matter if the receiver ran the exact route that he thought they had to run; if they're open, you have to hit them. His throws have just been so off-target so far this year. Granted, maybe he doesn't have the confidence in his receivers where he feels comfortable fitting the ball in a tight window, thinking they can catch it, but that's on him; not them. Aside from maybe the Dobson pass up the sideline (which would have been an amazing catch) and the couple of Gronk plays (the one with the sun in his eyes, which was a great throw, and the one handed drop), I don't recall any point yesterday where an incompletion was on the receiver. They were all on Brady.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

It's on both of them.  There is a recipriocal relationship between the OC and the QB.

[/QUOTE]

It's too bad the coach and/or GM isn't aware of this problem.  I guess he's either just too stupid to see this problem, or isn't powerful enough to make a change.

Two other options:  It's not a problem at all or the coach/GM sucks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

You're the worst.

[/QUOTE]

It's on both of them.  There is a recipriocal relationship between the OC and the QB.

Do you not think Harbaugh asked Flacco last year about Cam Cameron before they fired Cameron? Of course he did!  Of course!  He wants his QB comfortable. Flacco didn't like what Cameron was doing, Cameron goes, Flacco erupts and the they win the SB.

McDaniels and Brady are buddies. Well known. It's a concern.

You saying "you're the worst" is you really saying "I am cooked, he knows more than me again."

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

NAS is probably the most even-keeled, objective poster on this site. It's pretty evident that your credibility is poor when everyone disagrees with you on here about most things.

Except for Bolden. I agree with you that he's a decent complementary back. Aside from that, well...most of your points are trash.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well at least the Pats went out and got the 2nd best slot WR in FA.  So I guess Brady can't complain, even if Danny rarely sees the field.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, nothing like refusing to give the best a contract while offering the keys to the kingdom to the second best who only needs the keys to the local hospital.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah.  Brady's been awful.

Guys to throw to:

Undrafted free agent rookie

Rookie

Rookie

Undrafted tight end rookie busteroni ("Sudfeld has emerged")

A special teams guy

Mr. Injury

--

On Sunday, he got a real ball catcher finally.  Despite the ball catcher just returning from major surgery and injury, he went for over 100 yards.  It's what happens when you give you a world class quarterback quality people that can play NFL football.

Brady's career completion average is 63.4%.  Last year he finished at 63%.  His career low is 60.2%.  Presently he's at 55.4%.  Do people think he just fell off a cliff over the summer?

Nope.  His receivers are garbage.  Blaming Brady for his stats would be like blaming Richard Petty for not winning the Daytona 500 in a Yugo.

You have to be wicked stupid not to realize this.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, mickey mouse has moved from the D to the receiver corps.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

smh.

If it weren't for the fact that the game would count in the standings I almost wish BB would sit TB out, replace him with Mallett, and then have everyone sit back and see what a truly SUB-PAR QB looks like.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you 100%.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stat line says:"Tom Brady led the league in errant passes last week."

Brady Washers: Those goddamn WRs! If they would only go get those bad passes they wouldn't be bad passes.

Clowns of the Earth, this stat has nothing to do with the WR play. Brady was, and has been, awful for most of the season. Open your eyes, fools.

[/QUOTE]

Look who is talking. Your comments are consistently far-fetched and downright ridiculous. Almost as bad as queenie. Jezus.

[/QUOTE]

That's why I have that tool on ignore. He doesn't know the game to save his life. Completely worthless reading.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I don't think TB has been TB this year or in the jets game

1 I think he misses his life long throwing coach

2. I saw him rubbing his right hand in the jet game

3 . Dobson was open on 2 short slants -he caught both

4. Dobson was open twice deep TB missed both

5. Gronk was open deep, TB  made throw, Gronk lost in sun

6 . Gronk was open deep and if he made a great catch he has TD

Seems to me TB should have hit at least 3/4. Game over

I also don't see great scheming by JM

1. Where is Ridley staying into block and the flare out for a pass like Faulk?

2. where do we see trips to one side? We did in preseason

3 . Where do we see 2 TEs? Houma, can catch too so has mulligan

4 When do we see Ridley in on shotgun and get handoff?

5. When do we see combo blocks to make holes for RBs?

6 . where are there adjustments at half, or anytime?

7 . I don't know if screens work in this nfl?

I think Josh M sux

I am worried about oline

1. Our ctr is too small, his long snaps are usually low

2 . Our rg is not dominant

3" There have been too many sacks and pressures  on TB. 

When Mankins cannot help the ctr, the ctr can be beat

Our Wrs

1. They are getting better and have made game winners

2. Julian has been good

3. I agree with Bruschis comments

Overall the blame can be spread around. I am concerned but hopeful On O

I am not sure where I am on D with all the injuries

Sections
Shortcuts