Perspective How Subpar Brady Has Been

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Perspective How Subpar Brady Has Been

How about slapping the entire offensive line to play to its potential, Rusty?  It takes 10 other players to make this offense work. Brady is probably slapping himself all the time.

As for McD...  stick with what is working until the other team stops it.  Do not understand the play calling at times.  You expect run and get pass and vice-versa.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

What blown routes? He targeted Gronk and Edelman mostly...cause those are vets in our system and your BB bashing would need to stop. Gronk targeted 17 times, Julie targeted 9 times, Dobson 6...

Dobson, by himself, got two bad passes from Brady. Wide open TD that Brady missed against Cromatie whe he had a step on him and another wide open TD that Dobson had seperation on Milner. Dobson caught three balls and couldn't corral a back shoulder pass.

Yes, he mostly targeted the guy playing in his first game back from injury and the special teams guy.  Great.  Those were his best options.  Awesome.

One can make the argument that he threw to two guys who had the most experience in the system, but it doesn't make your argument for why Brady led the league in wild passes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Alex Smith ALSO has brand new WRs in KC and has little to no problem managing games or sustaining some drives.

Discuss:

KC has scored a non offensive TD in virtually every game.  I bet with those scores subtracted they are scoring less per game than we are currently (if you do the same for us).  If Brady were putting up Smith's numbers you would be all over him (in fact their numbers aren't that different).  KC is undefeated because of that defense, not Smith.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Alex Smith ALSO has brand new WRs in KC and has little to no problem managing games or sustaining some drives.

Discuss:

Jamaal Charles

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

smh.

If it weren't for the fact that the game would count in the standings I almost wish BB would sit TB out, replace him with Mallett, and then have everyone sit back and see what a truly SUB-PAR QB looks like.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

One can make the argument that he threw to two guys who had the most experience in the system, but it doesn't make your argument for why Brady led the league in wild passes.

I'd be okay with that argument as valid, but not good!  A kick returner and a guy playing his first game of the year in Week 7 because of major injury are the two most experience.  Miserable.

Were the passes wild or were the routes blown?  Only the Pats play callers know the answer.  Knowing that Tom Brady is an incredible quarterback and his receivers are mostly rookies or the kick returner, unless you want to blame Brady for the ice caps melting also, you'd have to guess that the receivers are the problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

Discuss:

Does Alex Smith have all the rookies Brady has?  Injuries?  Hern situation?  Its one thing coming in to a team with vets, its another trying it with rookies

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'd be okay with that argument as valid, but not good!  A kick returner and a guy playing his first game of the year in Week 7 because of major injury are the two most experience.  Miserable.

Were the passes wild or were the routes blown?  Only the Pats play callers know the answer.  Knowing that Tom Brady is an incredible quarterback and his receivers are mostly rookies or the kick returner, unless you want to blame Brady for the ice caps melting also, you'd have to guess that the receivers are the problem.

I've got two horrid passes for you...Cromatie getting beat deep was overthrown by Brady. Milner got beat deep, overthrown by Brady. Would you concede those two as bad throws? Or is it Dobson sucking for not being fast enough to catch an overthrown pass?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

Pats are 5-2 so far.  Winning is what its all about.  I have seen Brady for years light up the NFL only to see then not win a title. 

Brady is still elite.  If you compare Brady to other really good QB's (Ryan, Big Ben, Eli, Flacco...etc)...you will see Brady has had to deal with far more than any QB out there this year.....and yet he wins, where the other can't...even though they have had only a fraction of what Brady has dealt with.

The real measure would be to strip top 5 receivers, from each team and replace them with mostly rookies and see how that QB and team would do.  I dont believe for a second any QB in the league would have done better then Brady.....thats the real measure.

The unit as a whole will get better.....get DA and Vereen back, play a couple of games as a whole and I think everything will look very different.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Mallett is subpar, obviously, but Brady has played for years, takes all the snaps, plays in the games, etc.

There is no denying Brady's fundamentals, game management skills, decisions, etc, have faded in recent years.

In 2011, when I brought this up, his INT rate was skyrocketing to his highest rate of his career. I was attacked, banned numerous times, etc.  THen, I warned about the playoffs, the SB, etc, and look what he did.  

If he's so great, why does he do the little things so bad?  

Look, I don't care what his stat lines look like. I want the guy to make those one, maybe 2 or 3 decisons that are the right ones in close games, so we can win the game.  

If he's so bad, why does BB stay with him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

In response to mpb2008's comment:

Discuss:

Does Alex Smith have all the rookies Brady has?  Injuries?  Hern situation?  Its one thing coming in to a team with vets, its another trying it with rookies

Tony Moeaki shares a similar skill set as Hernandez. Moaki is done for the year.Hasn't played a down this year to help Alex SMith.

Tony Moeaki????  Seriously?  Your comparing Moeaki's loss to what Brady has lost? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Stat line says:"Tom Brady led the league in errant passes last week."

Brady Washers: Those goddamn WRs! If they would only go get those bad passes they wouldn't be bad passes.

Clowns of the Earth, this stat has nothing to do with the WR play. Brady was, and has been, awful for most of the season. Open your eyes, fools.

Look who is talking. Your comments are consistently far-fetched and downright ridiculous. Almost as bad as queenie. Jezus.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty:  KC's defense is giving up 11 points a freaking game.  They haven't given up more than 17 points in a game this year.  NE's D has been good, but not THAT good.  KC has scored 5 non offensive TD's.  We have scored more points on offense than they have.  We have gained more yards than they have.  They are undefeated because of their defense, not Smith.  Brady and Smith's numbers aren't that different yet you praise one incessantly and rip the other.  It makes zero sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

We have Ridley and Bolden. Both very good WRs that can get the production of one Jamal Charles.

We choose by CHOICE to stop using our run game. THAT right there, toolbag, is the real fact as to why Brady fades in second halves.

Brady should be demanding, should be REFUSING any suggestion from McDaniels to ignore the run when they come out of halftime, unless of course, Brady is in agreement with what McDaniels is looking to do.

Not a coincidence, we go on the road, with leads (or at home in the playoffs), and blow leads with finesse passing, with turnovers, etc.

Look at the patterns. People like are so incredibly stupid.

The very definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over, when you know it won't work.

Thanks, BB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Rusty:  KC's defense is giving up 11 points a freaking game.  They haven't given up more than 17 points in a game this year.  NE's D has been good, but not THAT good.  KC has scored 5 non offensive TD's.  We have scored more points on offense than they have.  We have gained more yards than they have.  They are undefeated because of their defense, not Smith.  Brady and Smith's numbers aren't that different yet you praise one incessantly and rip the other.  It makes zero sense.

He said that NE and KC's defenses were a "coin toss" last week. You can't make it up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Catfish...  how many Pats fans REALLY want someone else starting for the Pats with TB available?  Right now there is frustration and impatience with this fan base more than anything else.  Years of having the most dangerous offensive juggernaut in the NFL has spoiled all.  Even when the Pats win, there is still whining about the team because it is not winning like we are used to seeing them win.  In the end, if the team makes the SB and wins it, all will be forgotten, won't it?

PS - Rusty is laughing at that last line!!  (-;

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Alex Smith (KC) is on a pace similar to Trent Dilfer (BALT) in 2000 at a similar age.  

"Don't do anything stupid kid.  We'll win the game for you."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

We have Ridley and Bolden. Both very good WRs that can get the production of one Jamal Charles.

We choose by CHOICE to stop using our run game. THAT right there, toolbag, is the real fact as to why Brady fades in second halves.

Brady should be demanding, should be REFUSING any suggestion from McDaniels to ignore the run when they come out of halftime, unless of course, Brady is in agreement with what McDaniels is looking to do.

Not a coincidence, we go on the road, with leads (or at home in the playoffs), and blow leads with finesse passing, with turnovers, etc.

Look at the patterns. People like are so incredibly stupid.

The very definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over, when you know it won't work.

Andy Reid > Bill Belichick?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who is this guy starving for attention? You can't replace our attention with the lack of attention your mom did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Discuss:

You are missing the point. You do not even need to look outside the Patriots to other QB's.

The backup QB gets veirtually zero reps with 1st unit receivers and typically has practically zero experience and chemistry with them.

WHen Brady first got his opportunity because of injury as an inexperienced youngling he had brand new receivers on his own team at that point. He was able to play better with them even though he did not even know what he didn't know yet.

The oh his weapons argument is so overblown it is ridiculous. I am not saying completely invalid. I am saying ridiculously overblown. Even in 2006 with Reche Caldwell and that crew he had a higher complettion % than he currently does.

Then if you did want to look at QB's outside the Pats. Just look back to last year with Russell WIlson and RGIII. Both rookie QB's playing with btand new receivers to them in brand new offensive systems to them. BOTH guys played better than Brady has played so far.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

We have to agree this has been a most unusual season.  Brady is definitely off his game.  Why is the mystery question.  As some have said here, you don't drop off the edge of a cliff, performance wise, in one season.  The combination of all sorts of factors on the offensive side of the ball have colluded to bring us this unattractive offense.  We just have to trust the players are doing their best to make it work and play better.  The only thing I can think of to improve this even faster, is to have Rusty take over at QB since he knows the most about quality QB play and can teach TB a thing or two.  Take that "recliner QB" experience to the field because Rusty knows all!!  (-;

the next time Rusty is right about anything regarding the Pats will be the first time. dont mistake his oppressive retorts for intelligence. he gets oppressive when he is wrong, he is always oppressive, hence always wrong. his most common retort when he is wrong is to change the topic from the original OP. How many good threads here turn into how poorly TB played or how bad the Jets are?

NAS was correct when he said TB didn't fall off of a cliff over night. TB, the OL, the WR's, the RB's, the coaching staff and the GM all share blame. A common concept this year has been 1 step back to take 2 steps forward. Everyone knew that was needed...the question is when will we see the steps forward? and can these players take the steps...ie, can DA stay on the field? can Gronk? can Ridley (due to fumbles, not injury), can Vareen?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Gronk was targeted 17 times on Sunday. 17 times.   CASE CLOSED

Can you believe Brady's best option was a guy playing his first game back from injury in Week 7?

It sure would be nice if the GM would have given him more to work with this year.  All he has outside of Gronkowski are undrafted rookies, rookies, a kick returner and Mr. Injury.

Thanks BB the GM.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

So, if Brady is so great, why is Brady worse in game management, running an offense, decisions, etc, than Alex Smith?

It's because our D isn't quite as good as KCs?  That's your premise??!

My premise is that there is no basis for claiming Brady has been worse than Smith.  You are giving Smith credit for being 7-0, but our offense has outperformed KC's in both points and yards.  The difference is KC has had a soft schedule and their defense has been healthy and beastly.  The only basis you have for your claims about Smith being better is the difference in record (because it surely isn't any other statistic) and I'm saying it has nothing to do with QB play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What is he supposed to do?  Swap Brady for another elite QB midseason? Who do you suggest, Catfish? Hmmm?

Thank you for finally admitting that Tom Brady is an elite QB.  He sure is.  One of the best of all time.  Now, if he only had quality receivers...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mpb2008's comment:

Pats are 5-2 so far.  Winning is what its all about.  I have seen Brady for years light up the NFL only to see then not win a title. 

Brady is still elite.  If you compare Brady to other really good QB's (Ryan, Big Ben, Eli, Flacco...etc)...you will see Brady has had to deal with far more than any QB out there this year.....and yet he wins, where the other can't...even though they have had only a fraction of what Brady has dealt with.

The real measure would be to strip top 5 receivers, from each team and replace them with mostly rookies and see how that QB and team would do.  I dont believe for a second any QB in the league would have done better then Brady.....thats the real measure.

The unit as a whole will get better.....get DA and Vereen back, play a couple of games as a whole and I think everything will look very different.

That is false.  Brady has had the GM here to give him overall really good continuity. The O Line, the RBs, BB has a very good D now (albeit with some injuries right now), etc.

Flacco just lost his LT to MIami and has a crap one acquired from Jax, Pitt and NYGs just won their first games because their GMs have those teams in a cap hell, which I warned about.

Everything I say here, I get mocked, but then when it happens, everyone tries to deflect from what I said.

I don't want Brady channeling Jay Cutler in SBs or channeling Josh Freeman in a regular season game.

Period.

I don't see why this sentiment is offensive. Either you're a fan of this team or you're a fan of Tom Brady only.

It's high time, HIGH TIME, this town, the media and the fans start putting some accountability on the golden boy. A big reason why we walk away blowing leads in playoff games, scoring 13 points, every January or February now, is because Brady thought he was above everyone else and not to be held accountable as he tries to put up aerial stats.

Gronk was targeted 17 times on Sunday. 17 times.   CASE CLOSED

Brady tosses 17 to Gronk because his other receivers lead the league in SUCK.

It's high time the media and the fans start start putting accountability to the GM who gave his HoF qb, the equivalent of tackling dummies as receivers.

Worst collection of starting WR's in the league.  FACT!

Sections
Shortcuts