Perspective

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Perspective

Emotions running high here after a tough loss, another nail-biter. Brady almost pulls off another miracle.

But it looks like the Steelers are gonna close this out and the Pats remain in control of their own destiny where a first round bye is concerned.

Winning the division today would have been nice, and being in 1st at least for the moment.

But for a team shredded by injuries they're better off right now than all but one team in the AFC.

Hopefully Dobson and Thompkins back next game...now the fun starts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Perspective

With the Bungles losing my perspective is much better. Thank you very much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

Emotions running high here after a tough loss, another nail-biter. Brady almost pulls off another miracle.

But it looks like the Steelers are gonna close this out and the Pats remain in control of their own destiny where a first round bye is concerned.

Winning the division today would have been nice, and being in 1st at least for the moment.

But for a team shredded by injuries they're better off right now than all but one teathe AFC.

Hopefully Dobson and Thompkins back next game...now the fun starts.

had it not been for the three spectaacular last minute combacks the pats would have lost their fith in a row and been in second place at seven and seven. i know thats pretty negative but with all of the injuries this feels like the year brady was out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

This is one beat up team and yet people can't believe we lost.  That OL was awful.  The Pats have to get a replacement for Wendell and Gregory.  These guys were killing me.  With all the people that the Pats have out I don't see them going far in the playoffs at all.  It's just too much to over come.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

This is one beat up team and yet people can't believe we lost.  That OL was awful.  The Pats have to get a replacement for Wendell and Gregory.  These guys were killing me.  With all the people that the Pats have out I don't see them going far in the playoffs at all.  It's just too much to over come.  

yeah thats how i see it. if healthy this team wins the afc. with what we have left it will be tough to win one playoff game. they have done well considering but there is a reason why teams want to have the best players out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

A healthy Pats team would be the odds on favorite to win it all.

What is left of this team is showing a whole lot of character in playing as well as they are.

Regardless of how the season turns out this is one that fans should be proud of.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And now going INTO Baltimore....Pats lose they are lloking at 4 seed......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

A healthy Pats team would be the odds on favorite to win it all.

What is left of this team is showing a whole lot of character in playing as well as they are.

Regardless of how the season turns out this is one that fans should be proud of.  

That's about the best way to put it.  Thanks for that perspective.  It's frustrating as heck to get excited about a new season and have to watch guys go down and a team struggling to win in spite of the missing pieces.  

It's compounded when in the offseason, many of us (myself included) really felt this squad was the one to win it all.  The D would be 1 year more mature; the O would be fine without Welker or the "convicted felon".  And then the guys started falling.....Gronk, Amendola, Vereen, Wilfork, Mayo, Vollmer, Kelly.  Not practice squad guys, they.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No question this loss was a tough one to swallow given what a win could have meant.  As has been aptly pointed out the team is really beat up and yet they remain in contention for a first round by.  Amazing.  I look forward to the Baltimore game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

A for effort. The loss of so many starters of course is showing, they were the starters. I am a bit concerened that we lack bench depth.

I would have liked to see them stay with Blount though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

A for effort. The loss of so many starters of course is showing, they were the starters. I am a bit concerened that we lack bench depth.

I would have liked to see them stay with Blount though.

I was thinking the same thing.  He was doing some damage out there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They do not have the horses.  If you keep that in mind - you will still be frustrated when they lose, but it shouldn't linger.

They literally went into the season with no wide recievers.  They have a couple of 5'8" slot guys.

Anything is possoble with Brady - but don't expect a long playoff run when you create a roster that has no wide recievers.

They need to acquire two - perhaps 3 WRs in the off season.

Sections
Shortcuts