P.E.T.A. charges pending

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

P.E.T.A. charges pending

Rumor has it that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is considering charging this forum with repeated abusive treatment of animals.  To wit, repeatedly kicking a dead horse.  Apparently the fact that the horse is indeed dead is of no consequence to either PETA or those who are perpetuating discussions about ancient history.

Just sayin'.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: P.E.T.A. charges pending

What, you don't want to talk about "Spygate" anymore?  Hear that!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: P.E.T.A. charges pending:
    [QUOTE]What, you don't want to talk about "Spygate" anymore?  Hear that!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Or the &^%E$#$%% interception in the end zone zone in the 'skins game!!!

Egad!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's been a slow week and we'd rather talk about an interception then Tebow. Can you really blame us?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to P.E.T.A. charges pending:
    [QUOTE]Rumor has it that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is considering charging this forum with repeated abusive treatment of animals.  To wit, repeatedly kicking a dead horse.  Apparently the fact that the horse is indeed dead is of no consequence to either PETA or those who are perpetuating discussions about ancient history. Just sayin'.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

I didn't know they were a law enforcement agency. Mostly they're a bunch of idiots.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Beating a dead horse?  What....the Colts?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]Beating a dead horse?  What....the Colts?
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

No, the Broncos.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The Broncos aren't dead, they are still very much alive and kicking! They are leading their divison, and I don't see the Raiders overcoming them. The Colts, on the other hand, are not only dead...but they are beginning to smell bad! If Caldwell keeps his job I will be shocked. Peyton Manning may have been the biggest part of the team's success, but certainly there have been more issues than just him being gone. As for Tom's INT, it is certainly time to move on! It didn't cost the game (FINALLY the D showed up and made a play when they needed it most). And it may actually benefit the team. Now hopefully they will not let teams get so close that one bad play could be fatal. A 17 to 21 point lead in the 4th would be just what they need to avoid "Tebow Time"!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: P.E.T.A. charges pending : No, the Broncos.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

It was a joke....apparently you didn't catch it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I see no discussions here that fit the criteria of what the idiom "kicking a dead horse" actually means.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]Im still ticked off on that Roughing the Passer call with Stabler.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

+1. 

In the same game Phil Villapiano was repeatedly holding All-World Russ Francis off the line and down field.  In each case the refs swallowed the whistle.  That game, IMO was the most blatant bag-job in history.  No question - Al Davis and the Raiders players had the officials for that game scared sh!tless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]I see no discussions here that fit the criteria of what the idiom "kicking a dead horse" actually means.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Not surprisingly, we see this differently.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Beating a dead horse?  What....the Colts?
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

DIGDINGDINGDING

WE HAVE A WINNAHHHHH!

Nice one. It was set up perfectly for you on the tee, but man, you hit that thing square.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: P.E.T.A. charges pending : Not surprisingly, we see this differently.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Try looking up what the expression actually means.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: P.E.T.A. charges pending : Try looking up what the expression actually means.

Read the OP's first post. He clearly knows what it means. Now read your threads. That is what he is referring to.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: P.E.T.A. charges pending : Read the OP's first post. He clearly knows what it means. Now read your threads. That is what he is referring to.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Duh, yeah, I know what the little drama queen is referring to little drama queen.

Apparently you don't know what it means either. So much educating to do; so little time.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: P.E.T.A. charges pending : Duh, yeah, I know what the little drama queen is referring to little drama queen. Apparently you don't know what it means either. So much educating to do; so little time.

I guess I don't know what you think it means. 

You strike me as the kind of guy who shaves his butt.
    Without a mirror.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: P.E.T.A. charges pending : You strike me as the kind of guy whose face resembles his butt.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Nice come back, Potsie. And the bonus is it wasn't even addressed to you. I can see why you'd personalize it though. I bet you have a lot of shaving cuts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Shocking those this may be to some, I don't use words or phrases unless I know their meaning, their dictionary definition and their current usage (not always the same).  And I'm not going to engage in a debate over my command of the English language.  Nor am I going to turn this into yet another personal exchange.

My point is that perpetuating a discussion on a mistake for which the Pats great (and he is great) quarterback has already accepted responsibility strikes me as the very definition of flogging a dead horse (kicking or beating is also acceptable in current usage).  This is particularly the case since the game is history and resulted in a win for the Pats.

Make it as personal as you wish.  I've better things to do than discuss matters that are clearly moot.  And, yes, there are multiple definitions of moot.  I use it in the following sense:   of little or no practical value or meaning.

Sections
Shortcuts