Pete Prisco of CBS Sports chimes in on Brady talk. Says Brady isn't going anywhere.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Pete Prisco of CBS Sports chimes in on Brady talk. Says Brady isn't going anywhere.

Good read. 

Says Michael Silver's article in Yahoo Sports about growing disconnect amounts to nothing. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: Pete Prisco of CBS Sports chimes in on Brady talk. Says Brady isn't going anywhere.

Not really.  What he said is that the Pats will pay Brady.  That has nothing to do with disconnect.  Here are some excerpts:

*Silver has a good relationship with Brady, so I'm sure this came right from the horse's mouth.
    *Loyalty doesn't get rewarded, no matter what a player may think. You can bet there will be no discount this time around.
    *Each year, the team awarded a prime parking spot to the player who had the best attendance for workouts in the offseason. Brady almost always had it.

The past couple of seasons, that hasn't been the case. He hasn't been around that much.
    *that has to be foreign thinking to a man like Belichick, who thinks football 24 hours a day and probably thinks getting away means leaving the facility for a couple of hours for lunch. Work, work, and more work.
    *I've heard from some players and coaches since the end of the season who wonder if Brady will be the same quarterback now that his commitment isn't what is used to be. They wonder if he's got the drive anymore.

I think most will agree that Brady will finish his career with the Pats, but will he be so sharp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Pete Prisco of CBS Sports chimes in on Brady talk. Says Brady isn't going anywhere.

Well, one of the things that jumps out at me here -- and I mentioned this when Silver's piece came out more than a week ago -- is that if Silver actually was tight with Brady and this actually had come "right from the horse's mouth," there should have been more reliable attribution than "sources close to the team."

From my perspective, this is one writer blowing smoke up another writer's buttcrack as a disclaimer before going on to disagree with everything he says.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Pete Prisco of CBS Sports chimes in on Brady talk. Says Brady isn't going anywhere.:
    Not really.  What he said is that the Pats will pay Brady.  That has nothing to do with disconnect.  
    Here are some excerpts: 
    *Silver has a good relationship with Brady, so I'm sure this came right from the horse's mouth. *Loyalty doesn't get rewarded, no matter what a player may think. You can bet there will be no discount this time around. 
    *Each year, the team awarded a prime parking spot to the player who had the best attendance for workouts in the offseason. Brady almost always had it. The past couple of seasons, that hasn't been the case. He hasn't been around that much. 
    *that has to be foreign thinking to a man like Belichick, who thinks football 24 hours a day and probably thinks getting away means leaving the facility for a couple of hours for lunch. Work, work, and more work. 
    *I've heard from some players and coaches since the end of the season who wonder if Brady will be the same quarterback now that his commitment isn't what is used to be. They wonder if he's got the drive anymore. I think most will agree that Brady will finish his career with the Pats, but will he be so sharp.
    Posted by underdoggggg

All fair points, but I think the big reason for the lack of a new contract is the lack of a new collective bargaining agreement.

If a salary cap comes back, then a team could really damage itself, BUT if there's no cap then they can pay players differently.  I'd like to think that smart players can understand this and realize that it might actually benefit them to see how things play out (the only risk, albeit a MAJOR one, is the risk of getting injured before a contract is in place)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Pete Prisco of CBS Sports chimes in on Brady talk. Says Brady isn't going anywhere.:
    Well, one of the things that jumps out at me here -- and I mentioned this when Silver's piece came out more than a week ago -- is that if Silver actually was tight with Brady and this actually had come "right from the horse's mouth," there should have been more reliable attribution than "sources close to the team." From my perspective, this is one writer blowing smoke up another writer's buttcrack as a disclaimer before going on to disagree with everything he says.
    Posted by p-mike

As long as one writer likes that sort of thing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Nick and Tas - Brady will have a great year.  I just think he does have contract issues, just like manning.  Further, I think he improves his team if he is working in all of these new receivers.  Just my opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Pete Prisco of CBS Sports chimes in on Brady talk. Says Brady isn't going anywhere. : I think it's funny you question Brady's work ethic, commitment and integrity when your own QB took so much money, tying up cap space for years, it has severely affected their position as a TEAM. You're a funny guy with this pretend game you play. This is just wishful thinking on your or any other troll's part who keeps looking for signs that this is coming to an end. Dopey Eggie and his knobby knees, his neck surgeries, his fledgling O Line and his age, are all more of an issue for him more so than Brady's attendance at offseason workouts.
    Posted by russgriswold

I don't know why my first post didn't go through, but it didn't so I will be brief. 

Based on production, Manning outperformed his contract.  He had not been to the SB before it, but went twice, won one, and earned the MVP since.  On the other hand Brady since his big contract went to one sb and lost, but won 3 prior to it.  So who didn't live up to his contract?

As for the comparison,  let me make it more apples to apples - if I add Brady's bad knee, his o-line in disarray, all his new receivers, and the question about Welker while staying away in the offseason, then I think the issue scales tilts significantly to Brady. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think it's kind of funny comparing a 1st round draft pick (1st pick overall) with a 6th round draft pick (199th overall). Especially when Manning has at least 8 games in a cozy climate controlled dome while Brady is playing in windy winter conditions the last month and half of the season. Still I'll take the 3 Super Bowl wins that Brady has helped win us over the 1 that Peyton has helped win for the Colts anyday. Here's a apples to apples breakdown in their 1st 128 regular season games.

W-L    TD-INT  YRDS  Passer-Rating
    Brady       97-30  225-99   30838    93.3
    Manning    80-47  244-130 33189    94.2

Playoffs All Time
                   W-L   TD-INT 
    Brady       14-4    27-15
    Manning     9-9    28-17

Previous 32 games records of teams before they were starters

Patriots 11-21
    Colts     12-20