PETE PRISCO PREDICTS 16-0 FOR PATS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

PETE PRISCO PREDICTS 16-0 FOR PATS

10:00
    AM ET
    SportsNation

Do you think the Patriots will go 16-0 this season?

• 33%
      Yes
    • 67%
      No

Discuss (Total votes: 981)

His pick is part of a comprehensive season preview courtesy of the CBSSports.com NFL staff, and also includes an X’s and O’s breakdown and an overview of the team’s key personnel changes this offseason.

Beyond his pick for a 16-0 record, Prisco also believes Tom Brady will throw for 4,949 yards, while slot man Wes Welker will rack up over 1,450 yards receiving.

The Patriots look to be strong on offense again in 2012, a year after Brady and Welker helped architect amongst the most potent offenses in all of football.

Other angles examined in the piece include a look at “X Factor” Vince Wilfork, a question about whether Rob Gronkowski can return to health and major production after last year’s record-setting season, a draft recap, the role of Stevan Ridley, and insight into Wes Welker and his contract situation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: PETE PRISCO PREDICTS 16-0 FOR PATS

In Response to Re: PETE PRISCO PREDICTS 16-0 FOR PATS:
    I think 13-3 is a reasonable prediction with 12-4 and 14-2 being the expected range (assuming no disastrous issues due to too many injuries). The D was the weak link during much of the regular season last year but as you would expect with a BB defense that was getting multiple new players involved it improved late in the season and was pretty good in the playoffs - till the most critical times in the AFC Championship game and the SB by allowing both opponents to march downfield. Still, the D clearly, clearly improved. Now, with another, even larger group of new players to the team (via FA and draft) I expect the same profile though at a igher level this year. That is, decent D for much of the year but with some breakdowns, followed by noticable improvement down the stgretch and then quite solid in the playoffs - all assuming injuries do not change the picture. It is a promising place to be for NE. Not comforting for any AFC opponent (especially Rex who will look more the joke if the Jets dont finish with at least 10 wins and a playoff bearth).
    Posted by portfolio1

i wasnt predicting 18-1
    simply saying id love it
    2 or 3 letdown games could be predicted

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Yeah, real "rewarding". I'm heading to a music festival next week with my gf and friends. You'll be sitting in a smelly diaper at Magnolia Manor.  I'll take my week over yours. LOSER"

Making fun of someone else's life outside of this board is classless and totally out of bounds. I don't like some of the things Babe says and does in here but that's beyond classlessness. It is a bit confusing how if you lead such a happy and full life you come in here with such anger, rigid and insufferable views and mock anyone who isn't willing to demonize Brady or hasn't a different viewpoint than you. It's not surprising you have been banned multiple times. 

Your football knowledge is probably second to none in here but your way of interacting is totally frustrating. It's ridiculous that people in this forum are forced to choose between blaming the defense (and getting continuously mocked by you) and blaming Brady/the offense when it's so clearly a case of both sides of the ball needing to raise their game. At the same time not realizing that the reason we advance in the playoffs so consistently is due to a hall of fame QB is nutso. 

It's too bad because if a couple things go our way - Brady throws a better ball to Welker, Welker catches one he could have caught, or our defense makes a play on the Giants last drive, then we have another ring and I'm betting you would not be as insufferable in here. For someone with such a full life you really took that loss hard and full of bitterness. 

At any rate it's simply no fun to post in here with the current tone (which is not all on you, Babe has not always been great for convos here either) so I will likely find another Pats forum to participate in this season until the vitriol in here dies down....the "debates" in here are just toxic now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I predict 19-0. Key takeaway from article:  "Brady once again will throw the ball 40 times a game on average and still manage to rush for over 100 yards a game." This would bring the love back too the board.
    Posted by tcal2-

Josh McDaniel will make the run game respectable again, bringing us back to the early part of 07' when we were a multi layered threat and an offensive juggernaut. 

The defense will still have a learning curve with that many rookies inserted but BALANCE on offense will keep us in each game regardless.

McDaniel will be the most important off season acquisition by far.

19-0... yeah I can see it.  As long as we win the last game and I'd sure love a shot at the Giant's again, though it will likely be the 49ers. It would be nice to beat Moss and deny him his only shot at a ring...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm thinking GB is the team we beat by 17 in the Super Bowl, wozzy.  I don't see the Giants making the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I don't see the Giants making the playoffs.
    Posted by tcal2-

Me either, I like the Cowboys this year. Should be interesting to see how it unfolds once Michael Vick gets injured. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinjake1966. Show kevinjake1966's posts

all that matters is the SB, I don't care if it's 19-0 or 11-5 just so long as they are the last team standing

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: PETE PRISCO PREDICTS 16-0 FOR PATS : Oh yeah, the good ol' days of 2007 when that gutu McDaniels had that offense socring a whopping 4 points more than the 2011 version while running for fewer yards per game. Wait, how is that possible? Fewer yards rushing and more points? If you could only get that defenseve coordinator from 2007 back.  That guru had the patsies D giving up 4 fewer ppg. 
    Posted by JetMangione

What is your avatar supposed to be? A creepy omish breakdancer?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: PETE PRISCO PREDICTS 16-0 FOR PATS : Define "we all". You must mean you and all your fake accounts. LMAO@U
    Posted by BabeParilli

still LMAO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Yes, God bless Mr. Pete Prisco, but we should be more than happy w/ a 13-3 or 14-2 regular season record with another SB win. I seriously doubt another team will ever go undefeated.

Go Pats!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Obviously you get surprise teams and fluke games every year but with the Pats schedule it is hard to pick out more than 2 or 3 games that you would figure they might lose, so actually predicting 16-0 isn't that far fetched.

If you were going to rank the divisions NFC West and AFC South would probably be the worst 2.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Week 1 @ Ten
    Likelihood of Winning - 85%
    Prediction - W - Hasselbeck/Johnson gives them a chance, but only slight.
    Week 2 ARZ
    Likelihood of Winning - 90%
    Prediction - W - Off. talent, but don't know how to win and won't start here.
    Week 3 @ Bal
    Likelihood of Winning - 70%
    Pediction - W - Aging/injured D gives us a better chance than usual on the road. Depends on Flacco's emergence/performance.
    Week 4 @ Buf
    Likelihood of Winning - 75%
    Prediction - W - Shocked us early last season and have formidable defense to do it again. Narrow victory here.
    Week 5 DEN
    Prediction - W - Oh hey Peyton, whats up? Tough D, but Pats will take care of business.
    Week 6 @ Sea
    Likelihood of Winning - 90%
    Prediction - W - Seattle's only chance is that the DEN game is flexed to Monday night and Pat's suffer jet lag on West Coast/short week.
    Week 7 NYJ
    Prediction - W - Always fun, but at home - its a win.
    Week 8 @ StL
    Prediction - W - In London, Brady puts on a show for the English folk.
    Bye
    Week 9 BUF
    Prediction - W - Brady figures them out this time on long rest and blows them out at home.
    Week 10 IND
    Likelihood of Winning - 95%
    Prediction - W - Wish I could go 100%, but I won't do that in the NFL.
    Week 11 @ NYJ
    Likelihood of Winning - 65%
    Prediction - W - Barely....I really could put an L there. Tough to beat the Jets twice, especially with the second one at home.
    Week 12 @ Mia
    Prediction - W - Thank goodness the aren't playing in Miami in October again.
    Week 13 HOU
    Prediction - W - Tough game, tough team here. By this point in the season I expect Schaub/Johnson to be hurt though.
    Week 14 SF
    Prediction - W - Oh hey Randy, whats up? Tough D, average O. Slight win at home.
    Week 15 @ Jax
    Prediction - W - See comment against IND.
    Week 16 Mia
    Prediction - W - See comment against Jax.

What do you know? 16-0

Sections
Shortcuts