Peter King clarafies Pats bugging the locker room statement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Peter King clarafies Pats bugging the locker room statement

This is from Peter King's Monday morning Quarterback article today.There's a link at the bottom to read the whole article.

I think, just to make it clear from my Friday item on Peyton Manning and Tom Moore holding substantive conversations outside the locker room the last time they played in Foxboro, I don't believe there's any way the Gillette Stadium locker room was bugged. I just think in this hugely intense rivalry, the paranoia antennae are raised pretty high whenever they play.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/21/monday-morning-qb-week-11/5.html#ixzz163BmMfhp

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Peter King clarafies Pats bugging the locker room statement

HUGE backpedal.

He clearly got some flak and now is backpedaling.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Beware of "What I really meant to say was . . .  "

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Exactly.  As if he doesn't know what people will think if he plants that in one of his columns?

Please.

He's such a phony.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

King USED to be a good writer. Now he's a namedropper and a googly eyed fanboy covering NFL players.

He's been cut off from Foxborough since 2007, and since then, he's made comments like this.

He knew what he was doing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Peter King clarafies Pats bugging the locker room statement:
    Backpedaling? Yea or he just realized that people took what he said the wrong way and so he made a clarification. Seriously i know you think everyone but you is a bum lol but Peter King is a pretty good writer. (that was a joke by the way, the part about you anyway)
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I don't really have any axe to grind with Peter King, but you're kind of contradicting yourself here, killa. If one of these things is true, the other one cannot be.

Good writers make themelves clear and do not leave their ideas open to interpretation. If he's then having to come back later and explain what he "meant," that is an indication that he did not articulate clearly,and hence (yeah . . .    hence) is not a good writer.

Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

Thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

I didn't read the first article like you did.  Paranoid.
    Outside of NE, King is a "Patsy" within he's totally against us.
    Could you imagine being him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Killa & norich~

This is a backpedal...  Straight up.  Ya have to take Peter King's "whoops", in the context of what he said and how he wrote his Patriots Locker Room Bugging first article...  King used terms like "I have a very credible source inside the League," and "commonly held belief amongst NFL teams," and I believe his ONLY statement in which King even portrays that this is a completely nonproven in any way, shape, or form accusation, Went something like this: "Although there has yet to be evidence of New England's locker room bugging, A high source I have inside The Colts's Team says that Indy Coaches & Players believe it to be true...".  This isn't exact verbatum, but the article left extremely little falsity regarding the truth of NE's locker room bugging, and it left even less ambiguity regarding the truth of this matter, within the way King wrote it...

And I agree, Peter King used to be BOTH a fantastic writer in terms of the truths he simply merely believed, or even freakin' heard by 1 id!ot as a rumor VS the truths he found credible and from whom and why (King wouldn't even use "unnamed sources", let alone spin insinuating cr#p from something like this within his writing).  And yea- King used to be a COMPLETE and total NE Patriots homer... 

The scarry thing is, I (gulp) actually have to give Rusty credit to what he said back several months to a year ago, saying that he read somewhere that Peter King was somehow suddenly not on so great terms with The Patriots FO, and that his recent writing pretty much shows that his once great insider NE News info, was cut-off (or at least, far less inside team news than in the past).  Personally, at the time I trully believed Rusty was simply being an imbec!le (sorry Russ)...  But seriously, Upon reading the b#llshit King threw out in Article #1 vs the backtrack here...  Well, let's just say I know have some serious questions RE: King's motives (especially in light of what Russ said several months back).    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

BBReigns is right.  Peter King used to be a good writer.  Now, he's a hack.  Likable guy.  Poor writer.  And I'm from the same hometown as him and can't defend him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I watched ESPN all morning Sunday and to their credit, unless I missed it, they never mentioned it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In Response to Re: Peter King clarafies Pats bugging the locker room statement:
    I watched ESPN all morning Sunday and to their credit, unless I missed it, they never mentioned it.
    Posted by digger0862

Wow, they didn't mention it? I guess someone in programming at ESPN is gonna get fired! They never miss a chance to mudsling the Pats during peak viewing times. Incompetency at ESPN will not be tolerated......oh, wait......never mind! Chris Collinsworth(less) will be contacted to cover this obvious oversight. Shame on them, they are always so fair!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Wow, they didn't mention it? I guess someone in programming at ESPN is gonna get fired! They never miss a chance to mudsling the Pats during peak viewing times. Incompetency at ESPN will not be tolerated......oh, wait......never mind! Chris Collinsworth(less) will be contacted to cover this obvious oversight. Shame on them, they are always so fair!
    Posted by NESportnut

lol I was expecting it to be headline news!

They did do a nice piece on the Patriots "little three" with Branch, Welker and Woodhead. It was a riot.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Send him scurrying to report on some new coffee house..maybe in North Adams, he can catch a softball game in Dalton at Terminator Field on the way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Somebody must have left some horse s h i t on Peters steps in BackBay or wherever he lives in Boston. Must have made him nervous!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

No they would leave a horses head

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

You can't call it back peddling in the times of political correctness....  Its "mis-speaking"

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

If players are being fined for cheap shots, then writers should be, too.

This was a supreme cheap shot. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I don't think Peter was mis-speaking, I think he was "mis-hearing"

Sections
Shortcuts