Peter King echoing my thoughts on finnegan and jenkins making a great secondary and Luck a great nfl qb

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Peter King echoing my thoughts on finnegan and jenkins making a great secondary and Luck a great nfl qb

per peter king (and anyone else noticing) have noted,  the rams have become good overnight, partly coaching and greatly due to the decision to get finegan and jenkins.

p.k.: "no team improved it's secondary more than the st louis rams. it isnt even close with finnegan.and jenkins....

you can get good fast if you get a couple of pugnacious cover corners which these guys are."

both were available last year we had a chance at both.

(hopefully dennard will pay dividends [and bb can show he was smarter getting a top cb in teh 7th rd] and bb will play dowling and he can be a quality starter.)

re luck:

p.king: "In his 4th nfl game he played like tom brady or peyton manning would play in  their 12th nfl season" (and under a huge amount of duress/defense)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Peter King echoing my thoughts on finnegan and jenkins making a great secondary and Luck a great nfl qb

and also of the same opinion on the wlekers comments: 

ie

"bill will not take that as a ha, ha, ha.. thats cute, thats funny.

bill doesnt like to have his authority questiooned AT ALL!"

and he goes further to say,

"he'll (bb) take what he has to take and at the end of teh year will let welker walk.

i think welker knwos that. adn i think thats one of the reasons welker feels free to say and do whatever he wants. 

even though im sure welker doenst want to leave bradys side. 

he also knows the only way hes going to get paid and make good money, is idf hes traded at teh trading deadline and his new team signs him to a new contract.

because at the end of teh year hes just going to have too mcuh age on him, too mcuh tread ias going to be off teh tire for someone to say we'll gie you  18 mil guaranteed in a 4 yr contract."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Peter King echoing my thoughts on finnegan and jenkins making a great secondary and Luck a great nfl qb

I don't think anyone is arguing that either is a bad player. Heck I think I was one of the first to say I wanted Finnegan on this team but what he got for a contract was enormous for a CB. $50mil over 5 years, I don't want to pay that to any secondary player. That's something you pay to a all-pro DL not something you give to a secondary player. The Rams were desperate because they were at the bottom, so when you are that low you need to pay extra. I know the Pats have plenty of cap space this year but they have some key plays who's contracts are coming up in the next couple of years and that heavy chain moving forward might make it a bit more difficult to lock up say Spikes, Vollmer, Chung, McCourty moving forward and those are some key players for them right now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

it also helps when you play a last place schedule

as far as luck goes the usual King bandwagon bum kissing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Jenkins looks good, I always thought he'd be a pretty solid pro. Its not a fluke when you shut down AJ Green and Julio Jones in college. Lets hope he can keep the off field issues at bay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

per peter king (and anyone else noticing) have noted,  the rams have become good overnight, partly coaching and greatly due to the decision to get finegan and jenkins.

p.k.: "no team improved it's secondary more than the st louis rams. it isnt even close with finnegan.and jenkins....

you can get good fast if you get a couple of pugnacious cover corners which these guys are."

(hopefully dennard will pay dividends [and bb can show he was smarter getting a top cb in teh 7th rd] and bb will play dowling and he can be a quality starter.)

re luck:

p.king: "In his 4th nfl game he played like tom brady or peyton manning would play in  their 12th nfl season" (and under a huge amount of duress/defense)

Hillarious self back patting. 'Peter King agrees with me! I'm a genius'! You and Babe should go see the same shrink.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I am too lazy but would like to go back to king's columns last year extolling Cam Newton

The man is a brutal front-runner

even more funny was Mike and Mike last night referring to Cam Newton as a "superstar".  if he is that are Brady and manning supernovae?  Come on guys, let's have him accomplish someting first, like make the playoffs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was crying for the Pats to get Finnegan.... But they didn't!  I wish they would have, I like his play and his attitude!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Why don't you echo the thoughts which failed too?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:

?????

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

As far as playing like Brady and Manning in their 12th year.  GTFO.  Manning set a record for TD's as a rookie and Tom Brady, well- he just won the freakng Super Bowl the first year he played.

But I guess that's pretty much the same thing as beating a team with a losing record in the regular season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to gogogopats' comment:

?????

I think he is talking about Bredbru, TFB12! No one here should rank on Michelangelo.

Yeah i was talking to bredbru , since he has multiple threads claiming he is right :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Can someone inform attempt to inform bredbu of the following:  He made no mention (no memorable one that I can recall) about Corteland Finnegan (as opposed to no less than 20 seperate threads dedicated to the worship of all-things Janoris Jenkins), annnd How NE's Sack stats up front thus far have them ranked in a tie with 6 other teams @ #19 in the NFL (19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24) vs St. Louis's Front 7's ability to put pressure on the opposing QB have them tied with 3 other teams in total sacks as being the 6th best pass-rushing Defense in Sacks so far (you're gonna have to offer a lengthy discourse about how this correlates to pass-coverage btw), annnd that Jenkins covers the #2 WR, verses covering the #1 WR WAY more often than not, ala Corteland Finnegan...and Devin McCourty, btw, annnnd how DMC's stat line is 26 TTs, 10 PDs, and 2 INTs + 6 KR's for 141 yards @ a 23.5 avg, compared to Janoris Jenkins' stat-line of: 24 TTs, 7 PDs, and 1 INT + 3 PR's for 22 yards @ a 7.3 avg (3 PDs in last game, prior to that 1 PD in each preceding matchup), annnd how Alfonzo Dennard (my fav CB btw-, next to DMC, and just in front of KA) just might not be quite ready to immediately jump in-to the same "hands down the #1 NE CB over DMC" label that bredu has formerly granted Ras I Dowling, then Sterling Moore, then Kyle Arrington during these past several months alone...considering the fact that Dennard's "superstar shutdown CB" ability might have to come a tad bit further than having a few Tackles & 1 PD, while subbing in at the nickel CB position situationally in the 2nd half of (what?)=1 game. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

re luck:

isn't this just a weeeee bit over the top?

you could say this about the luck quote. but then did you see the game? i woudl suggest that the more you understand football the more you can see ability (displayed on the field) and potential. cosell is wathing hours and hours of coaches film. breaking it down is what he does profesionally. i see some of what he is talking about (and why i started a thread just on luck last week).

for example, many questioned how i coudl have the analysis of ridley i gave here after last 1st season pre- game. by the way none of them said boo even now that everyone can see what ridley is and can be. in fact they are critical of even the subject coming up (of the early read).

on the draft thread, much of what we do is predict what players will become and who will be a good fit for what we need here. and later discuss hwo that turned out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

I was crying for the Pats to get Finnegan.... But they didn't!  I wish they would have, I like his play and his attitude!

yeah he probably actually wanted to be paid

he did, but what we paid welker, ie we could have done it instead of welker.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

Can someone inform attempt to inform bredbu of the following:  He made no mention (no memorable one that I can recall) about Corteland Finnegan (as opposed to no less than 20 seperate threads dedicated to the worship of all-things Janoris Jenkins), annnd How NE's Sack stats up front thus far have them ranked in a tie with 6 other teams @ #19 in the NFL (19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24) vs St. Louis's Front 7's ability to put pressure on the opposing QB have them tied with 3 other teams in total sacks as being the 6th best pass-rushing Defense in Sacks so far (you're gonna have to offer a lengthy discourse about how this correlates to pass-coverage btw), annnd that Jenkins covers the #2 WR, verses covering the #1 WR WAY more often than not, ala Corteland Finnegan...and Devin McCourty, btw, annnnd how DMC's stat line is 26 TTs, 10 PDs, and 2 INTs + 6 KR's for 141 yards @ a 23.5 avg, compared to Janoris Jenkins' stat-line of: 24 TTs, 7 PDs, and 1 INT + 3 PR's for 22 yards @ a 7.3 avg (3 PDs in last game, prior to that 1 PD in each preceding matchup), annnd how Alfonzo Dennard (my fav CB btw-, next to DMC, and just in front of KA) just might not be quite ready to immediately jump in-to the same "hands down the #1 NE CB over DMC" label that bredu has formerly granted Ras I Dowling, then Sterling Moore, then Kyle Arrington during these past several months alone...considering the fact that Dennard's "superstar shutdown CB" ability might have to come a tad bit further than having a few Tackles & 1 PD, while subbing in at the nickel CB position situationally in the 2nd half of (what?)=1 game. 

on the nfl teams we coach in our fantasy :) i'll take jenkins you can have mcc.

i never said arrington was good, in fact from the time i found this forum, ive said he can tackle well after the catch, but cant defend passes.

in the plyoffs when moore was inserted he was our best cb with dowling out (which is what i said).

before dowling got hurt, he was our best performing cb which is what i said.

i have indeed said dennard may be a good starting cb[and if so, bb may show why he is smarter than us by getting him in the 7th).

and to catch you up, ive also that id like to see us start dennard and dowling.

and by the way sure id love to have quinn on the other side of jones in fantasyland :)

hope you are having a good day/week.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Jenkins looks good, I always thought he'd be a pretty solid pro. Its not a fluke when you shut down AJ Green and Julio Jones in college. Lets hope he can keep the off field issues at bay.

good points captn

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I don't think anyone is arguing that either is a bad player. Heck I think I was one of the first to say I wanted Finnegan on this team but what he got for a contract was enormous for a CB. $50mil over 5 years, I don't want to pay that to any secondary player. That's something you pay to a all-pro DL not something you give to a secondary player. The Rams were desperate because they were at the bottom, so when you are that low you need to pay extra. I know the Pats have plenty of cap space this year but they have some key plays who's contracts are coming up in the next couple of years and that heavy chain moving forward might make it a bit more difficult to lock up say Spikes, Vollmer, Chung, McCourty moving forward and those are some key players for them right now

nice point eng,

i differ with you about strategy on paying top cbs. 

what i read as well, in analysis of team building that the 2 players that you need to have that you will havge to pay top $ for are passrushing de and cover cb (on defense).

with our weapons on off, adn even if we were not loaded, i valued 10 mil to finnegan over 10 mil to welker. now welker again is thru the roof this year and with the injuries, we seem to have needed him. mightve been tough if we didnt have him. but our defense and scorigin against woudl have been much better as well. and going forward..... we still hav the need for 2 starting cbs (im hoping dennard and dowling).

agree rams were desperate as they were so poor there, but look how much better they made their team. they evaluated where they needed it most to make them competitive and hit it dead on. 

i can see spikes, some question that and think we have that covered (donta). vollmer we have to evaluate his health, otherwise a no brainer. chung, im not sure we couldnt upgrade easilty or replace cheaper. his perf is not that great this year. he coudl never really defend a pass. now hes a vet and can get some dough. devin, well i know bb loves him. but id shake his hand and say, great havin ya. do well. be well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Peter King's been wrong before. He thinks Peyton Manning is the best of all time last time I checked, he may have Montana ahead. Colts looking good for drafting Luck at the moment but at the moment Luck hasn't done much but justified that they took the chance. 

Calling him a great quarterback is more than a little premature. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Peter King's been wrong before. He thinks Peyton Manning is the best of all time last time I checked, he may have Montana ahead. Colts looking good for drafting Luck at the moment but at the moment Luck hasn't done much but justified that they took the chance. 

Calling him a great quarterback is more than a little premature. 

4 games in, hes no huddlng 30 plus plays. again did you see teh gb game. he looks very impressive.

Sections
Shortcuts