Peter King insists the Patriots will "snap up" Ed Reed when the Ravens don't re-sign him....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Peter King insists the Patriots will

By his own admission Peter King hasn't spoken to BB in over 5 years.  So, it's only a guess he's making.  He has no inside information of BB's intent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to cellucci's comment:

Patriots already have their free safety. We need a strong safety...

good point!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

What makes people think that no one else will be willing to pay Ed Reed to play football? Especially, should the Ravens win on Sunday, I would think he would go for the $$$.

doubt he goes for the money, especially after they lose Sunday.  He wil go for the ring!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I don't see this happening.  if ravens don't sign him , it means he's not worth the money.  They should know ...

Not sure what price he would command at that age but major discount would be necessary to land here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

i think DMC only position is FS. He is a wreck at CB...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

It's no secret that BB loves Reed.  I mean total man crush going on here.  But, BB is first and foremost a sound business man and isn't going to break the bank on a player who is in the twilight of their career and only has a year or two left in him.  Also I'm not sure where he would play him, as DMac is playing very well at FS (Reed's position), and I don't think either of them could play SS very well.  Reed certainly has lined up closer to scrimmage many times, but he's taken a pounding over the years and may not be up for doing it full time. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I always stare in the mirror and try to remember the good ole days,,,you know,,,when I had a full head of hair.

Then I realize.....the past is over, don't live in it like it's present tense....

If you watch a lot of football, I do as it's better than yard work, it's painfully apparent that Ed Reeds best days are far behind him.

He was NEVER VERY FAST so it did not take much age on his legs to expose how slow he now is. He is consistently being beaten on plays. Without Pollard Reed would have really been exposed this year.

We keep thinking the Ravens have a great D, they don't. Don't allow the Patriots stupidity to influence you to think otherwise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I always stare in the mirror and try to remember the good ole days,,,you know,,,when I had a full head of hair.

Then I realize.....the past is over, don't live in it like it's present tense....

If you watch a lot of football, I do as it's better than yard work, it's painfully apparent that Ed Reeds best days are far behind him.

He was NEVER VERY FAST so it did not take much age on his legs to expose how slow he now is. He is consistently being beaten on plays. Without Pollard Reed would have really been exposed this year.

We keep thinking the Ravens have a great D, they don't. Don't allow the Patriots stupidity to influence you to think otherwise.

Since you brought up he who's name shall not be mentioned (Pollard), I would rather see him here.  A hard hitting strong safety who would compliment DMac very well, and we wouldn't have to worry about him killing anymore of our players. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Since you brought up he who's name shall not be mentioned (Pollard), I would rather see him here.  A hard hitting strong safety who would compliment DMac very well, and we wouldn't have to worry about him killing anymore of our players. 

Hmmmpft...They said the same things about Harrison too.....until he came here..

Pollard has it right when he says it's not tennis.

And I'm not a Ravens fan either. But I will say this....Some time back, when Ray Lewis was a younger man, he came through the middle and knocked a RB senseless. Before he walked away he pointed down at the kid and yelled "this is a Man's game"

Say what you will....we could use some of that toughness......... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Its more like I dont pay attention to whos a safety and whos a corner on other teams. I see a guy in coverage, hes a db, the pass is completed or its not. Since I dont have any concern over whether or not some guy would be better for may team at corner or safety (like McCourty and his issue) I simply dont care which position hes playing back there. Its all the same because you complete the pass or you dont because I think of it from the perspective of the team Im following, and dont care about who is who on the other team. If someone sacks Brady, I cant say as I pay any attention to whether hes a DL or LB, and have no idea whos gap he came through, who blew an assignment, why the play that was called enabled him to get to the QB, and why McDaniels is an idiot for calling it. I just dont analyze it that much. Now that you guys mentioned it, I remember Reed being called a safety, but I dont always pay attention to who plays which db position on other teams.

Reed is arguably the best safety of all time. Almost a crime for a fan of the game not to know his position.

Don't know how long you've been watching football, but you'll enjoy it more once you've been a fan for longer and can understand the matchups. Cornerbacks and Safeties are both defensive backs, but their defensive assignments are completely different. Football is as much a mental game as it is a physical one.

All that being siad, I don't think Reed is the answer for this team. He's an upgrade over Gregory but he's an aging center fielder...which is the type of role I would hope McCourty can one day play.

They need a hard hitter at SS. The guy that Meriweather and Chung failed to develop into. I really like a guy in the mold of Kam Chancellor. Big, physical and can cover...hard to find though

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Too old. And the Pats haven't had much success with Ex-Ravens. Adalius Thomas anyone?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to PhatRex's comment:

If BB doesn't sign him, he surely will push up his price the way he did to Laron Landry.

LOL

Landry was running out of options. Detroit said no, NE said no as did others who didn't wnt to renta starter for 1 year. No one wants a Safety (at tht money) who can't cover either.  Roids are an ugly, ugly thing.

But, you enjoy him giving up pass after pass over the middle and leave it to you to pretend Mark Sanchez presents a challenge for him in practice, too.

Priceless.

pats had first shot at Landry.  BB mucked it up by not showing up when Landry came for his scheduled visit.  you are quite the story teller...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Throwing big money at an aged safety is a fool's errand.

At any aging player.  Anyone who is 34 is not going to get better.  He is only going to decline.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

I don't think it has to do with him not being worth the money.   Flacco wants 20 mil per.  They're old.  Ray Lewis is retiring. Changes are going to be made.

That's why the speculation is there.  Plus, Reed will want to choose where he plays. He loves BB, BB loves him.

So, it makes sense. 

If Balt loses the SB, it makes even more sense from Reed's point of view.

I think this is essentially correct in that it makes some sense for both sides. I just can't imagine him leaving for the Pats, but I guess stranger things have happened. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to wasecl's comment:

Too old. And the Pats haven't had much success with Ex-Ravens. Adalius Thomas anyone?

Totally different players.  You can't really compare a cornerback and a long snapper.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

peter king also insisted there would be a denver-green bay super bowl.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If BB doesn't sign him, he surely will push up his price the way he did to Laron Landry.

LOL

Landry was running out of options. Detroit said no, NE said no as did others who didn't wnt to renta starter for 1 year. No one wants a Safety (at tht money) who can't cover either.  Roids are an ugly, ugly thing.

But, you enjoy him giving up pass after pass over the middle and leave it to you to pretend Mark Sanchez presents a challenge for him in practice, too.

Priceless.

I know!! Landry kind of reminds me of Chung, except he's bigger, stronger, can play in the box, intimidates people, and surprisingly - despite years of steriod abuse - is not as fragile. Maybe we can convince the Jets to not make him an offer...and instead just sign Chung?? That way the Jets can have our crap box safety wanna be, and we can have someone who plays like Chung (except better). Then we all can be happy - you can be happy because we have a guy like Chung and if you really miss Chung that bad, it's only a four hour ride to watch him play down in NY. It's a win win!! Sweet!! The warnings were out people!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

LOL

Priceless.

I know!! Landry kind of reminds me of Chung, except he's bigger, stronger, can play in the box, intimidates people, and surprisingly - despite years of steriod abuse - is not as fragile. Maybe we can convince the Jets to not make him an offer...and instead just sign Chung?? That way the Jets can have our crap box safety wanna be, and we can have someone who plays like Chung (except better). Then we all can be happy - you can be happy because we have a guy like Chung and if you really miss Chung that bad, it's only a four hour ride to watch him play down in NY. It's a win win!! Sweet!! The warnings were out people!!!!!

i think we can all agree that chung is garbage, but landry isnt that much better at this point. plus, landry wouldnt have made the pats offense score more than 13 points...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

as a fan of football, even though I am a Pats fan and season ticket holder for over 30 years, I have to give credit where credit is due, even to non Patriot players. IMO Landry had a good to very good year, and was a bargain at his salary. I would have preferred the Pats sign him over Gregory, and I believe Landry would have been the starter. I think he could have made a similar difference to the defense that Talib did. Yes, he would have been beat on coverage by many RB's and TE's, what S isnt beat, but he would not have been worse than Gregory in pass D. He would have been that enforcer the defense needed in the defensive back field.  

Sections
Shortcuts