Peter King of SI declares BB is under tremendous pressure to deliver in draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Peter King of SI declares BB is under tremendous pressure to deliver in draft

So maybe all of us fans aren't insane and those few who are telling the majority to shut up and be patient are wrong after all. Peter King put BB in his list of top 10 people under the most pressure to deliver in the draft. He declares that by making almost no offseason moves to improve the team (signing the same players as last year doesn't improve the team) besides Crumpler, BB has put his faith in the draft and in the process put a lot of pressure on the Pats front office to deliver. And he adds that the Pats better have a good draft if we are to catch the Jets. 

And all this coming from Peter King who the rest of the media says has a Pats bias and is a huge BB fan. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

Re: Peter King of SI declares BB is under tremendous pressure to deliver in draft

peter king can go toss his own salad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Peter King of SI declares BB is under tremendous pressure to deliver in draft

And all this coming from Peter King who the rest of the media says has a Pats bias and is a huge BB fan. 

That's why he's saying it. If Belichick is under any pressure (which I believe he is not), it's because he's putting it on himself. I can guarantee he's not getting any pressure from Kraft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Its been 6 years since we won a Superbowl.......We alway put a great product on the field. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league. Kraft appreciates BB but you could hear in his voice after that playoff loss that he was sickened by the teams effort. He wants to take no more steps backwards, only forward! & that falls almost entirely on BB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

So does this mean after the draft we can tell you to shut up?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

"This doesn't have to be a home-run draft for them, but they have to hit some doubles, particularly after last year's lottery didn't result in much impact from high picks."

I don't like this statement. I think they had a great draft last year. Butler played well for a rookie CB and will be the number two on the team. Vollmer is a starting tackle. Chung played decently but was overshadowed by Meriweather, McGowan (who no one expected to play as well as he did), and Sanders at the end of the season. He was a rookie playing under three experienced safeties. No one expected him to come out and be Ed Reed. Brace was the only high pick that anyone was really down on. I don't think he's being fair to them by saying they weren't much of an impact. Vollmer alone makes the entire draft a success, imo. Tate could work out this year, Edelman broke out last year and will sub for Welker, and we got a new long snapper that had no errors. Overall I think it was a very strong draft.

This was also written before the news broke out that Holt signed with the Pats. If he had known about it he certainly would have mentioned it. Holt is going to be a good addition this year. He does note that the Pats are in a good position in this draft, which I agree with. He's showing a little concern, but overall he's trying to find something to write about before the draft begins and the real stories begin to break.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I think the pressure is on BB in that this really can be a make/break draft but to me not this year but next as well.  4 picks in top 55 this year, two number ones next year.  They have to get these right and they are setup for the next 5 to 8 years.  Get these wrong and we are an old team that blew its chance to recharge.

So I think the pressure is on not just cause its the Pats but the quantity and quality of the picks we have.  T

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Peter King is hardly favorable to the Pats.  I don't see an particular pressure.  Kraft has basically said it's his job as long as he wants it. He drafts well.  They have a solid base.  So where's this pressure? Over reactive fans?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Our superbowl teams where built through the draft.  Most of those players are gone.

BB is overhauling the team as planed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Unfortunetly the free agent crop this year wasn't worth spending big money on. Now the only way to really improve this team has to be the draft. Although they could have been more agressive with trades for some character issue guys that have loads of talent ( Marshall, Holmes, Cromartie). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Peter King is under tremendous pressure to deliver stories, any stories. 

In reality BB has the safest job in football, and he has the NFL's largest scouting organization behind him.  Look for BB to trade out of this very good 2010 draft into the so-so 2011 draft, at a considerable profit of course, because many of the other GMs are under tremendous pressure to produce this year or be fired, but not BB who can afford the tradeout deals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The best Free agents available to them were the ones they had to sign to keep that was #1.  The Free Agents like Marshall, Peppers, Crommartie etc... were all flashy but all come with huge risks that was #2. BB hasn't done anything risky. And the move to bring Holt in on the cheap is a good one and the move to bring in Crumpler will make a huge difference in our running game wait and see. If they have a B+ draft they are golden. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ofcourse, everyone is always under pressure. I wouldn't want any other coach, but unless he drafts Tebow, he's just on a luke warm seat. He's far from the Hot seat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

BB is under tremendous pressure, not because the ownership or fans are going to run him out of town but because he puts the pressure on himself unlike Lovie Smith or even Rex Ryan for that matter. 

Also signing your own players DOES make your team better, actually better than signing free agents if you're only replacing the guys you lost.  Signing Neal, VW and bodden is a lot better than losing them.  Signing your own players (premised that you sign your good/best players and let your bad players walk) you not only improve your team with talent that wouldn't be there if you lost them but also you know that they can thrive in your system and what their strengths and weakness are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Peter King of SI declares BB is under tremendous pressure to deliver in draft:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/20/mailbag/index.html So maybe all of us fans aren't insane and those few who are telling the majority to shut up and be patient are wrong after all. Peter King put BB in his list of top 10 people under the most pressure to deliver in the draft. He declares that by making almost no offseason moves to improve the team (signing the same players as last year doesn't improve the team) besides Crumpler, BB has put his faith in the draft and in the process put a lot of pressure on the Pats front office to deliver. And he adds that the Pats better have a good draft if we are to catch the Jets.  And all this coming from Peter King who the rest of the media says has a Pats bias and is a huge BB fan. 
    Posted by murghkhor

He is right unfortunately BB is under pressure to deliver some miracles out of this draft to keep up with the Jets and Dolphins after virtually sitting Pat in FA. I know they re signed some players but they were all on the team and part of an abysmal defense last year. Pats needed to add some pieces especially to the D. Now the Jets and Dolphins are ahead of them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

BB doesn't need miracles to keep up with either, when they are still better.  Yes the Dolphins have improved, they still don't have a viable QB, and they had a very long way to go.  I do put a lot into what they have done though.  Yes the Jets have made splashy high risk moves, which leaves them where???...oh ya an ESPN fave, woodeedoo.  The Pats have made solid low risk moves themslves and have a much better base.  

Like the Phins, the Pats will make careful evaluations and select/trade/move accordingly.  The Jests will probably throw more stuff against the wall.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

alot might have to due with a possible strike next year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

In Response to Re: Peter King of SI declares BB is under tremendous pressure to deliver in draft:
     Our superbowl teams where built through the draft.  Most of those players are gone.   BB is overhauling the team as planed.    
    Posted by Mungomunro

Sorry Mungo, but Roman Phifer, Ted Washington, Atwoine Smith and Corey Dillon were either FA's or traded for to come to NE.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

spot can go get his hair colored...hes a tool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

They had a mix of several very good drafted and FA signings, which they are in the process of replacing.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nflpasser. Show nflpasser's posts

In Response to Re: Peter King of SI declares BB is under tremendous pressure to deliver in draft:
    "This doesn't have to be a home-run draft for them, but they have to hit some doubles, particularly after last year's lottery didn't result in much impact from high picks." I don't like this statement. I think they had a great draft last year. Butler played well for a rookie CB and will be the number two on the team. Vollmer is a starting tackle. Chung played decently but was overshadowed by Meriweather, McGowan (who no one expected to play as well as he did), and Sanders at the end of the season. He was a rookie playing under three experienced safeties. No one expected him to come out and be Ed Reed. Brace was the only high pick that anyone was really down on. I don't think he's being fair to them by saying they weren't much of an impact. Vollmer alone makes the entire draft a success, imo. Tate could work out this year, Edelman broke out last year and will sub for Welker, and we got a new long snapper that had no errors. Overall I think it was a very strong draft. This was also written before the news broke out that Holt signed with the Pats. If he had known about it he certainly would have mentioned it. Holt is going to be a good addition this year. He does note that the Pats are in a good position in this draft, which I agree with. He's showing a little concern, but overall he's trying to find something to write about before the draft begins and the real stories begin to break.
    Posted by magicalhobo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nflpasser. Show nflpasser's posts

opps that reply worked out well.  However I couldn't agree with you more.  The pats had an above par draft last year.  Peter King needs to do his homework a little better than just following the main stream media. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

And all this coming from Peter King who the rest of the media says has a Pats bias and is a huge BB fan.  That's why he's saying it. If Belichick is under any pressure (which I believe he is not), it's because he's putting it on himself. I can guarantee he's not getting any pressure from Kraft.
    Posted by digger0862

How can you guarantee that he is not facing any pressure? I dont believe he is either, but I havent any proof. What's yours or is it just speculation?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Bill is going no where. Bill is going to coach this team to the playoffs this year and a deep run.

So season with young guys on defense who havent really worked that much with Bill and you want to throw him out pathetic fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

This is clearly a case of making something of nothing. PK merely states that the Pats need to get a couple of playmakers in this draft. In his words "So they can beat back the jets and Miami" I'll ask you to name a team that doesn't need to get some new blood in the draft. 

I like to read all the opinions on this board. I helps give you the big picture. But the malcontents have totally taken over this place. These people get to finding dirt as soon as their Soap Opera's are over. A bunch of drama queens. OOOHHH the jets did this and Miami did that.. what have the Patriots done???  OMG!!!!!!  Did you hear what he said!!!!  and Rex is saying the jets are better!!! I am so tired of all you little biches.... YES... some day the sky will fall... You might even be here to see it.. But you know you thought that Michael Bishop was the answer.. You told anybody that would listen... I just want to know how you all can continue to spew this BS year in and year out.. You never get deterred even when your ability to coach or GM is shown to be completely worthless.. You just find another pointless, factless, inane scenario and raise your idiot flag..  STOP IT !!!!!  JUST STOP !!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts