Peter King of SI declares BB is under tremendous pressure to deliver in draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: Peter King of SI declares BB is under tremendous pressure to deliver in draft

WOW a coach under pressure to deliver in the draft. That's never happened before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Peter King of SI declares BB is under tremendous pressure to deliver in draft

Without Pioli's input and with the input of Reese and Caserio the Pats had the best draft they've had in five years with the 2009 draft. If anything, there is pressure to have even better drafts in 2010 and 2011 than in 2009. Nothing new there. With the FA signings and player movement I'd say the pressure is equally on Ryan and Sparano. One of those teams might not make the playoffs and what happens with the Jets if they lose in the first round of the playoffs. The pressure is on everyone in an organization that perceives themselves as contenders. This is really a non-story, in that it tells me something I implicitly already know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In 2007 we came but one miracle pass away from the perfect season that would have been the high water mark for all other teams to compare to for many many years to come.

In 2008 the first quarter of the first game Brady goes down with a season ending injury. 

In 2009 Brady returns from injury, but obviously has some rust and and some lagging mental and physical issues due to it, and we lost 4 starters on defense and another key member (Mayo) played only half as good due to nagging injury. 

Now it's 2010.  Brady is fully recovered and our new face defense has gotten healthy and more in tune.  We have 3 guys who will all be coming back from injuries that could produce this year.  We have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds this draft.  While we most certainly have our work cut out for us and could really use a strong draft and maybe another veteran pickup or two before the season starts, I see no need to say BB is under tremendous pressure. 

I for one like flying under everyones radar again and am expecting some good things this year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

Ladies and gentleman, I'm always amazed at the amount of negativity that coach Belichick receives about the peformance of the Patriots period! What did the team do prior to 2001; two Superbowls, two blow out loses. Since 2001 we've won 3 Superbowls came within 3 minutes of playing and probabably winning another(2006- 2007 team) and within 30 seconds of an undefeated season in 2008! As far as I am concerned Coach Bellichick can coach the Patriots ala Tom Landry , until he dies.  He's the reason my uncle Jim (an original invester of the Pats/Sullivan syndicate from the 1959 AFL start up) got to die happy in May of 2002! Born in 1918 he didn't life long enough to see the Sox win in "04". Together we watched 35 years of Patriot football  every Sunday of every season! And it was the most wonderful time shared with a friend, getting fired up for that game wether the Pats had a good team or not. Just being good fans and standing by the team! Lets just enjoy it for what it is, a game and what great game it is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Thanks for the reality Hayley-1999. very nice indeed..

Sections
Shortcuts