Peter King of SI predicts Dez Bryant to Pats at #22

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Peter King of SI predicts Dez Bryant to Pats at #22

In his final Mock Draft, Peter King predicts Dez Bryant will fall to the Pats at 22.

I LOVE IT!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/21/mock.draft/1.html

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Peter King of SI predicts Dez Bryant to Pats at #22

1) I'm not sold on the guy character-wise; I know not everyone's going to be a high character guy but still.

2) I don't see anyone else saying Bryant falls to 22.

I'd take him though because right now is the time to roll the dice on a kid like this; the Jets are stacked on defense and the Dolphins are improving their offense. While I'm not saying we should make moves just because they make them, we still need to improve our receivers because Moss/Holt is a one-year thing possibly, Edelman can't draw doubleteams, Welker could be out until at least the midway point, and Tate hasn't stayed healthy yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I highly doubt he'll drop to 22 and I also doubt Belichick will pick him. He just doesn't seem like the type of player BB would want. He's a trouble maker that apparently isn't that smart either. I think they'll go DE or OLB with the 22nd pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd be interested in seeing Peter Kings record on Picking correct draft picks for teams outside of the top 10. Everytime I watch him he's wrong....So Is everyone else, but I wouldn't pay any credence to this and I'd be shocked if the Pats went that route after signing Holt yesterday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think King is nuts. Word has it they needed to dumb down the system for Bryant which doesn't bode well for him. After the Galloway experiment and Jackson I think BB is more cautious about picking up WRs that aren't smart enough to run routes and need to have the routes tailored to them

King might want him because he's a flashy name WR but looking at his comments I doubt he even believes they would take him. King just has a man crush 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i liked that pick at 22...but if it came from spot it aint gonna happen...

i was thinking the pats will be playing alot of 5 wide to defeat the blitzing they will be seeing...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Peter King of SI predicts Dez Bryant to Pats at #22:
    I'd be interested in seeing Peter Kings record on Picking correct draft picks for teams outside of the top 10. Everytime I watch him he's wrong....So Is everyone else, but I wouldn't pay any credence to this and I'd be shocked if the Pats went that route after signing Holt yesterday.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Most draft picks last year had the Pats picking Darius Butler with their first round pick last year. They were kind of right on that...

Other than that, I can't remember anyone picking the Patriots pick correctly unless it's a top pick. I could really care less about King's predictions. He should stick to writing his MMQB and player analyses on the upcoming draft. I'd much rather have a deep analysis on players projected to go in the top three rounds than a mock draft. But then again, I''m sure most writers would rather do a mock draft in 5 mins as opposed to a week long project.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Peter King of SI predicts Dez Bryant to Pats at #22 : Most draft picks last year had the Pats picking Darius Butler with their first round pick last year. They were kind of right on that... Other than that, I can't remember anyone picking the Patriots pick correctly unless it's a top pick. I could really care less about King's predictions. He should stick to writing his MMQB and player analyses on the upcoming draft. I'd much rather have a deep analysis on players projected to go in the top three rounds than a mock draft. But then again, I''m sure most writers would rather do a mock draft in 5 mins as opposed to a week long project.
    Posted by magicalhobo

This Dude Abides..LOL..Nobody is lazier than a sports writer. I missed my calling in life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

echoing what's been said, I can't imagine a talent like Bryant would fall that far, but if by some chance he did he would represent top 7 talent at 22.  No way the Pats, or most any organization, could pass that up (again, kinda doubt he'll fall that far).  I chalk the character issues up to immaturity, i'm not at all convinced that he's a "bad guy" per se.  There are far worse offenders with far less talent making far more money than he will when he comes into the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Simmons has them trading up to 17 to get Bryant, but I can't see him getting past Denver. I hope they get him!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

If I recollect correctly, I believe Peter King is one of the two "experts", along with Michael Holley, who stated the day before the 2008 NFL Draft that Jerod Mayo was going to be a Patriot.

Not only that, but King even said that the Patriots would trade down and select him at #10.  King is very well connected in NFL circles. So this is interesting to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Like many here, I don't see Bryant falling to the Pats at 22, but if he did you would have to ask yourself "why?" I would be more willing to take a risk on a kid that had "character issues" -- I was not particularly mature at 21 -- than I would on one with questionable football intellect. Bryant appears to be saddled with both and I don't see WR as a primary need given the number of high choices the Pats have and the depth of this particular draft.

I just don't see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Ya, but Simmons also says, this will never happen, but he wants it to and this is the only place it will ever happen is in his mock draft. I think you will see a defensive player drafted unless they have Bryant very high on their boards. Character wise, I think the Pats can handle him. When have the Pats had issues with players? Is that a product of bringing in good people or having a strong head coach, veteran players and a top to bottom strong organization?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I haven't heard anything regarding this kids smarts and ability to comprehend the complex game of football.  If that's true, well I'm sure BB knows all about it and if Bryant should fall to 22 and we skip on him as well, I will then know why. 

I can't imagine him falling that far though, most of the experts are saying he is top 5 talent.  That being the case I won't shed a tear if he does fall to us and we grab him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Some one always falls.  I still think they need to address the pass rush, or maybe OL first.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Not happening. Bryant goes before #22 and Pats get who's left between Odrick, Graham and Kindle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Peter King of SI predicts Dez Bryant to Pats at #22 : They can get this guy in Round 2.  http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-03-25/prospect-profile-eric-decker-wr-minnesota
    Posted by russgriswold

I like Decker a lot. There are many other options to the Pats at WR. Golden Tate, Arrelious Benn, Demaryius Thomas, Damian Williams, and possibly even Jordan Shipley in the 4th. They should go defense early and get another promising WR later.

Sections
Shortcuts