Peter King thinks the Redskins name should be changed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

Re: Peter King thinks the Redskins name should be changed

In response to digger0862's comment:

The Washington Lobbyists

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stan17's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

[QUOTE]

They should probably think about changing thier name. This crap is getting old. If this country is ever going to become united we need to get rid of terms that plant the seeds of division.

But nowadays the Patriots would have to change their too to be more PC, because the term 'patriot is offensive to some because they think those that would fight for liberty and states rights or freedom are extremists.

I could careless whether they change the name or not. But please don't tell me you believe changing a football team name will help unite this country please tell me your not that naive. 

[/QUOTE]

no changing a name won't unite us, but 's it attitude's like yours that make it impossible

[/QUOTE]

No, it's folks like you who relentlessly pursue devisive agenda's that make that impossible. I never even thought about this until it became an issue. I think the logo is majestic! Not insulting at all. I am of Irish descent and - do some reearch on what my ancestors encountered upon their arrival. Do some research on what Italian Americans faced. But we are white - so no harm no foul!? If American Indians aren't upset about this - how dare you...don't you understand that your speaking for them is worse than what you are b#tching about? As if they are unable to spesk for themselves? How presumptious of you that they are helpless to defend themselves. Hypocrite!!!

[/QUOTE]

Well spoken and spot on!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

PC = BS=intolerance= bleeding hearts.

By today's standards "the greatest generation vets" are all war criminals.

no comments from all you do gooders ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I hate when politics and football collide. There are some very strong opinions here. And I see some links to a USA Today poll. I wonder what their poll sampling was. 

Not sure how many here have spent time in "Indian Country" or on reservations. I have spent time on many reservations.  This is an invisible population to most Americans. I can assure you that "red skin' is offensive to a majority native Americans.

Words/names associated with denigrating a race of people based on their skin color carries loaded messages and negative stereotyping. There are plenty of alternatives to "red skin". I'm with Peter King- change is long overdue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Read the poll information. Native polling looks very suspect. 700 plus in 2003/04 who claimed to be Indian.  The rest of the polling on if the "redskin" name is non Indian.  Yeah, change is long overdue.