peter king...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: peter king...

In Response to Re: peter king...:
    In Response to Re: peter king... : Do you know how many media people have tried have to get information from BB and he's denied them access, only to have them blast BB or lie outright in the press?  There's been a bunch through the years.   A bunch. Boston fans are well aware of who these people are.  One got canned for plagiarism and one should have during the Spygate witch hunt. It has nothing to do with conspiracies, it has to do with MONEY. Capitalism is not a conspiracy. We've seen this before.  The coach doesn't give the writer what the writer feels he deserves, so he turns the table. You can revise history all you want. I think you'd make a good zoo exhibit because you are as dumb as a monkey.
    Posted by russgriswold

How many?

Don't change your tune - you said that King wrote his anti-belichick comments because he was denied access (which until corroborated is a conspiracy theory), not because of money.  Those are 2 very different things. 

If you'd initially said King was trying to make money by being overly sensationalistic, then I may not have agreed, but I would have considered it plausible.  You didn't say that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : Agreed. Everyone writes them off, BB coaches up the talent and then they lay in the weeds. Perfect.
    Posted by russgriswold

i dont think anyone writes off a team that has tom brady on it...but hey, if you think the under dog mentality means something, keep believing everyone is overlooking the pats...i know rexy and sparano arent

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

well i cant speak for jets fans, but i dont know any phins fans overlooking the pats...are we excited to have a MLB and WR for the first time in quite a while? damn straight? do we think we are a super bowl team this year? i dont...alot of others dont either...but then again, phins fans arent notorious for their optimism either

in fact i cant think of the last time i heard a phins player or coach be overly optimistic about their chances against the pats...which is maybe why the phins are BB's thorne in the side and have always been

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Weren't Zack Thomas and people like Chris Chambers there recently?  It hasn't been that long.  It's a QB league. You haven't had one since Marino and you still may not have one. We'll see.
    Posted by russgriswold

zach thomas was an all-pro...about 8 years ago...and then played worse and got injured more...and chris chambers...while a nice WR back in the day...hasnt really been good since Nick Saban's first year...which is why SD cut chambers last year

so yeah...its been a good, long while since we have had real playmakers at those positions

oh...and im not worried about henne at all...kid has all the tools to be something special...and now with a true # 1, i expect him to have a big leap year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

In Response to peter king...:
    trashed the patriots again multiple times in his column today. among the teams he believes are better than the pats are miami, carolina (come on!!), seattle, the jets and giants. he has us ranked 14th. later on he trashes our draft. this guy's got a serious ax to grind...
    Posted by artielang

King is a hack, the Pats had a top 3 draft and he's probably ticked-off because the Pats don't give him any new info so he recycles the same crap all the other media hacks write. I'm so tired of the Pats don't have viable WR's for Brady and they have a poor PR. It's only 5-17 and the Pats if they feel they need another WR will get one, w/the 2 drafted TE's Brady has sufficient targets and the one area that will be addressed if BB feels it needs to be is acquiring a PR DE or OLB. Cunningham will be a beast eventually once he's comfortable with the D. The 2010 Pats will light-up the scoreboard and may be better than the 2007 team. JMHO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

wow russ you are on fire with this thread!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'm really hoping many NFL pundits put us down as a 2nd or 3rd place team in our division. That maybe the extra motivation the Pats need this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

I find it odd that King uses scoring differential to rank the top teams but that gets swept under the rug when it comes to the Pats.  They were almost as good as the teams mentioned in his article.

The Pats didn't really lose anyone (other than Welker for the start of the season), so I don't quite see how the sky is falling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Rusty - I guess if you get 3 koolaid drinking, pats colored glasses wearing agreements then you don't have a conspiracy.  LOL. 

Me, I'll just say that King was taking his current stab while readily admitting he's not very good at it.  Of course, as long as you don't read that part, you can spew all of the King hate you wish and blame his opinion on something you are attempting to flip from assumption to fact. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : Something special?  What were his numbers last year with a top running game? He has a long way to go before you can feel good about that. This is a big year for him, in my opinion. I do feel he's a better leader and more intelligent than Sanchez.
    Posted by russgriswold

it was his first year in which alot of guys including ronnie went down...what i looked at was the skills and ability to read the field...which he was pretty good at and didnt make a whole lot of mistakes...and for not really having anyone to throw to...he was all the better

and as confident as i am about henne's ability to let the game come to him...im even more confident in that cannon...err right arm of his

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Do you think Matt Moore and Carolina, Byron Leftwich and Pitt and Seattle are better than NE going into 2010? How hard is this? I don't see one Panthers, Steelers or Seahawks fan even saying that. You'd think the troll/jealous types would be happy Brady got hurt in 2008 and was rusty in 2009.  You ain't getting that this year. I hope you enjoyed your vacations.
    Posted by russgriswold

brady was rusty last year? really? i think you are taking this trolling thing too far...you seem to think that everyone hates the pats and wishes them all dead...i only hate the pats

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

haha No, trust me.  There are two kinds of non-Pats fans. 1.  Haters/troll types who are incredibly jealous and don't know how to appreciate greatness because it isn't their team. 2.  Fans who admit how incredible their high level of consistency is in a salary cap era, and wish their team would follow the lead.  When I was a kid, I wished my team followed the 49ers lead. I didn't hate SF because they were great and played good, sound fundamental football.
    Posted by russgriswold

not me, i hated the pats when they were a consistent 2-14 team, i hate them now and will always hate them...meh...what can you do? at least im consistent there

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : Is this because Miami always choked against NE when it counted?  My first game ever was a Marino game at NE.  NE won.  When you look back at the wasted opportunities he had under Shula. Wow. The AFC East was horrible from 1984-1989 overall.  The Bills were best team and they didn't become great until 1990.
    Posted by russgriswold

no, i have an equal amount of the hate for the jets and bills too...and congrats...i saw marino walk into foxborough with bernie parmalee as his running back...and watched the phins crush the pats 24-3

and its not marino's fault the defense stunk

oh well

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Of course, as long as you don't read that part, you can spew all of the King hate you wish and blame his opinion on something you are attempting to flip from assumption to fact.   Dogg, his assumptions are being written and read by thousands. It's factual to him and he's relaying that to his readers. As a Pats fan we can comment on his opinions and tear him apart as much as we want to and it doesn't mean we're drinking Kool-Aid. After 10,000 posts on a Pats board you still don't get it. Your a closet Pats fan who just doesn't know how to express himself and tell everyone. Your jealous of what Boston has, a massive, knowledgable, LOYAL four team fan base that you want to be part of. I'll be the first to welcome you over if you'll just admit it.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I don't mind anyone ripping him for his opinions. 

On the other hand, ripping King because you've convinced yourself that he did not rank the pats as high as he really thinks they should be because you've further convinced yourself that he was not granted access he desired so he used his pulpit to punish the team and their fans is a crock. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : I don't mind anyone ripping him for his opinions.  On the other hand, ripping King because you've convinced yourself that he did not rank the pats as high as he really thinks they should be because you've further convinced yourself that he was not granted access he desired so he used his pulpit to punish the team and their fans is a crock. 
    Posted by underdoggg

he said he would welcome you "after" you admit it....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

New words from Peter King about the Pats for all of the pats fans who hate him and think he is always trashing them:

I'M WRONG ABOUT THE PATRIOTS. From Rory of Augusta, Me.: "Keep on hating the Patriots, Peter. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady thrive on being underdogs and not getting respect from writers like you. This will motivate this team all season. See you in Dallas.''

You know, I was just thinking about how unfair I've been to the Patriots. I always look for the worst in them, like the two times in the past four years I've picked them to make the Super Bowl.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/18/mailbag/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0oJnpUO8T

Time to be a little less sensitive pats fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : His defense was fine, especially in the 80s and into the early 90s. Just fine.
    Posted by russgriswold

uh, no...it wasnt...evident by that lack of rings

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Dogg, when you finally come around and admit you're a Pats fan you'll recieve the benefit of being able to disagree with anything that doesn't go our way. Just another one of the advantages our members recieve when you have the best team over the past 11 years.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

you dont have the best team now...so your advantages are in mind only

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Dogg, when you finally come around and admit you're a Pats fan you'll recieve the benefit of being able to disagree with anything that doesn't go our way. Just another one of the advantages our members recieve when you have the best team over the past 11 years.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Hey Sam!  I just had an epiphany!  YOU ARE RIGHT!!! I always wondered about doggie-do's obsession with The Patriots. I think you have made a prescient observation here. doggie-do is kind of like the kid in grade school that never quite fits into any group. In doggie-do's case he spends 24/7 here on our board when he is ostensibly a Dolts fan. He tries to impress our group with his knowledge of our players in relationship to his players even though he spends almost no time with their group. He also passively / aggressively interacts with anyone on this board that he can cross swords with or ingratiate himself with in order to appear to be a natural part of our board. I know that several more tolerant members of our board have mildly supported him occasionally for all of the normal politically correct reasons (e.g. nobody really owns a blog board, he is entitled to his opinion, etc.). But he really does need to be on this board because he really doesn't, in his heart & mind, belong anywhere else...but here. Yes, I think you are right...he is a closet Patriot Fan...and despises himself for being unable to admit it..to himself...or anyone else..except maybe YOU Sam.  I have to commend you for your insight and sensitivity to doggie-do's predicament.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: peter king... : Yeah, that juggernaut '85 Pats offense really had it easy in Miami that year.  What an awful non-SB caliber D that was in Miami.
    Posted by russgriswold

and it was the first year the phins had ever lost to the pats in miami...and the killer B's were at the end of their run from the late 70's into the SB birth against the redskins with the late david woodley at QB

anything else chief?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I just don't agree with 14th.  The Patriots were 5th on my margin of victory rankings even after having the wild card game debacle.  I count that as the Patriots having their hopes dashed by the Welker injury -- they thought they were going at least as far as the conference championship because no one had really beaten them well, except for the Saints. 

Add to this two bumper crops of first year players blossoming with a year under their belts, and high-ranking rookies who are going to help in November at least.  This team is trending up faster than any team I've seen since who knows when. 

Shawn Springs is actually a middle of the pack corner who got ejected this early in a numbers game. That's how deep the Patriots are now.

What do you want me to say?  SB?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

LOL you guys are so funny! Over the past 5 years Peter King has picked the Pats to win the Superbowl twice and yet he is hating on your team? What, just because someone says the Pats are ranked 14th in the league all of you start to go nuts like a chicken with it's head cut off? The AFC East is going to be one of the better divisions in football this year and it will not be a cake walk like the Pats have had in the past. As a fan, don't you want competition? I know I do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I just don't agree with 14th.  The Patriots were 5th on my margin of victory rankings even after having the wild card game debacle.  I count that as the Patriots having their hopes dashed by the Welker injury -- they thought they were going at least as far as the conference championship because no one had really beaten them well, except for the Saints.  Add to this two bumper crops of first year players blossoming with a year under their belts, and high-ranking rookies who are going to help in November at least.  This team is trending up faster than any team I've seen since who knows when.  Shawn Springs is actually a middle of the pack corner who got ejected this early in a numbers game. That's how deep the Patriots are now. What do you want me to say?  SB?

Yes - the pats were spectacular last year through 3 quarters of football.
    Posted by Paul_K

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

you dont have the best team now...so your advantages are in mind only Jimmy42Jack0, you're right the Saints are the best team now but I guess if you break it down a little more the Pats are the best team in this division which includes the Phins. It may not be the one we want but we will be raising another flag at 1:00pm Sunday September 12, 2010. Will the Phins? bradleyBliss, It has to be one of two things, he's either a closet Pats/Boston sports fan or the people who post on Colt boards are that much worse than we are. Why would he rack up as many posts as he does? Don't get me wrong Dogg, I enjoy reading your epic battles with Tex but admit it, you have a little something for the Pats don't ya?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

counting division titles flags is an exercise in what could have been...what was, was a trashing at the hands of the ravens

it will be a good year...but talking to a phins fan about raising divisional titles flags and only those flags is like bragging about being the tallest midget

and for a team not so far removed from a superbowl and superbowl wins...i would think that anything less would be a failure no?

Sections
Shortcuts