Peter King

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Re: Peter King

In Response to Re: Peter King:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter King : What does edelmans progession have to do with how tate or price progress? any more then how Jackson and Johnson did not progess have to do with tate or price? You mention ONLY edelman like every rookie will progress like he did. Thats NOT the case. Plus no one was even discussing edelman.  They have Moss at #1, assuming welker is healthy, he is in the slot.  Edelman is welkers backup in the slot unless you are suggesting using him as the #2?  If not, you are starting two rookie TE's (maybe Grumpler starts but he would only block), a rookie at #2 (Price or Tate), and have a rookie as #4 (Price or Tate). Thats alot of Rookies. So I dont think its being a troll for saying there is some uncertainty there and alittle worrisome.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

I would not call you a Troll for being worried, it's valid. What would you call me for stating the otherside of our chances?

Moss - Better than last year, he's healthy
    Welker- back to 100% by mid season
    Edleman- plays some outside, dual slot, H back roles, gets his touches and easily breaks out for 60 plus Rec.
    Tate- solid verticle threat that finally gets on page with Brady like Galloway couldn't. Over 15ypc and may only get 30-40 Rec but needs to be respected.
    Her, Gronk, Crump- Great blocking, red zone threat, 10-15 TD's from the group.

I say better than any rec group in Brady's career if above becomes reality. Almost as likely as the doom and gloom scenario. I think both can be argued equaly and if your a Pats fan lets pull for this one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - just once take off the glasses.  Once. 

Silver's appears to be able to get real information from the brady camp.  That Brady may have been unhappy likely was not some loosly stated "I got kids to feed" rant to friends.  I'd imagine it was calculated.  So, Silver wrote the column

The comments from your local media 4 days ago that I referenced (link providedin previous post) suggest that Silver's column was validated by the fact that the only exclusive interview Brady has given was to Silver a few days ago.

Connect the dots.  The info that Brady's camp gave to Silver to write the article is money making info to the writer.  Manning hasn't given any kind of info like that so there are no articles to that effect. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

O.K.  Lets put away Peter King's opinion for a bit.  It's not relevant.  I thought the comments were odd, also.   We have got at x receiver, Randy Moss- proven 
    at the y, we have the abilitly to use Edelman.  Another proven receiver.  Proven.  We and also field Tate, a second year guy, not proven.  And Alge Crumpler.  Proven.  Tennessee didn't use him much as receiver last year, but that is Tennessee, not a powerful pass attack type team.  He can catch.  The other TE's certainly can out produce last years TE's, no matter.  Then you have Aiken.  Eh.  Then you have Price.  ONE of these (Price Aiken Tate) should be fine at the y if we want edelman in the slot.  Plus Welker.  He looks fine to me, and if his cuts aren't perfect, he can line up at y and run a flag route and pull coverage for sure.  So, no.  I think the thin part of this team, right now, is O line.  And I'm not too worried about that.  I LIKE THIS TEAM.  I WILL GO ON RECORD NOW AS SAYING THAT, AND SAYING I EXPECT 12-14 WINS.  I don't care about UDs opinion, either, in this matter.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]The other thing is, Brady was publicly praising Tate earlier in mini camp. So, right now that means little, but it's still a good sign. I don't recall Brady going out of his way to praise Chad Jackson in his second year here because Chad Jackson never made it on to the 2007 team. Since no 3rd WR emerged, Watson was useless and couldn't even block at the line when needed, these appear to be upgraded areas along with a 2nd year Edelman.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]
    I don't know if King was dissing the talent, just questioning the experience.  They'll get the opportunity to prove themselves. 

If its any consolation - King said about the colts - that they should split the starting duties of Strong Safety.  Why?  because Sanders is always hurt?  What difference does that make - it only takes one play to get hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Also tired of Chad Jackson comparisons.  That was one guy.  It happens.  The draft is like that.  Anyone remember Donald Hayes?  Doug Gabriel? Guys we got from other teams who flamed out.  It happens.  It's a tough position to gauge like that.  I'm pretty sure Miami feels silly letting Welker go for a 2nd rounder.  I remember them saying Camarillo was just as good.  Yeah, right. He has 113 career receptions, compare that to Welkers 123 last year alone, and 442 in the same time span. The silly ponies have done a good job plugging guys in, no doubt.  I think we got some good ones now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter King : So, Michael Felger is your Boston media source and you want me to take off the glasses? Could you be any more dumb? Brady never gave any info about his contrat to Michael Silver. This is what you aren't getting. Your holier than thou asseration that Manning would never discuss his private contract with the media, and Brady would, is why you are such an arrogant Colts turd. You've been had by the media because it fits what you want.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

You are way over analyzing this thing.  I am not making any judgements. 

1.  I don't know your local guy but he makes a very logical and valid point.  If Brady had not said or endorsed the comments used by Silver, then why would he give Silver his only exclusive interview? 

2.  I'll accept that the bs created by Tomose re: the videographer may make you cast a wary eye on anything written, but some of these guys actually have some journalistic integrity.  You don't know any better than I do whether or not Brady or his handlers told Silver that there were issues between him and the pats at that time.  I do know this.  Silver wrote it and in doing so put his reputation on the line.  Brady has never refuted the story or said Silver was lying or wrong.  In fact, he did what can only be seen as the opposite.  He gave Silver his only exclusive interview in quite some time.  Take off the glasses. 

3.  My assertion that Manning hasn't said anything publicly about his contract isn't holier than thou, either.  They are his words.  When asked in press conferences he has said he has never talked publicly about contracts and will continue not to.   

Quit over analyzing and trying to make fantasy out of reality.  Just take what's there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

He gives lots of interviews, gave one this morning actually on WEEI, as he does every Monday, and said he wants to be a Patriot for his entire career.  Silver claimed there was a "disconnect" between Brady and the team.  Considering Brady played golf with Kraft this past weekend I'd say Silver's claim is questionable to say the least.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Basic point of the thread, as I understand it, is that Peter King has written a piece based on incomplete information.  That he doesn't document his position very well is clear, in my opinion and I agree with the original poster. 

The other discussion about how effective our receiver corps will be, although interesting, is, with all due respect, off topic.  That's not a criticism; just an observation. 

My 2 cents.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

So doggggg, I guess Tom Brady is a liar.

“I’ve always been privileged to play for Coach Belichick, who I’ve always said is the best coach in the history of the league. And Mr. [Robert] Kraft, I have a great relationship with him. I’m not into playing games. I just want to come out here and do the best that I can do. Whether you make a dollar or you make millions of dollars like we do make, I really enjoy playing quarterback for this team.”

http://www.patriotsdaily.com/2010/08/brady-contract-strife-set-to-ruin-2010-season-for-patriots/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

digger - How do the words you've highlighted make Brady a liar?  What's your point?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Playing games, as in using the media to help with his contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter King : I would not call you a Troll for being worried, it's valid. What would you call me for stating the otherside of our chances? Moss - Better than last year, he's healthy Welker- back to 100% by mid season Edleman- plays some outside, dual slot, H back roles, gets his touches and easily breaks out for 60 plus Rec. Tate- solid verticle threat that finally gets on page with Brady like Galloway couldn't. Over 15ypc and may only get 30-40 Rec but needs to be respected. Her, Gronk, Crump- Great blocking, red zone threat, 10-15 TD's from the group. I say better than any rec group in Brady's career if above becomes reality. Almost as likely as the doom and gloom scenario. I think both can be argued equaly and if your a Pats fan lets pull for this one.
    Posted by Asher77[/QUOTE]

No problem with you pointing out that side.  I hope they exceed what you say there.  I was just saying at this point, we really dont know what we got with the rookies.  I hope to see more of Tate and Price in the next few preseason games to get a better feel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Who said he was playing games.  The comments in Silver's column were not attributed to Brady but someone close to brady - like a family member maybe.  Clearly Silver's got a line to Brady as noted by the article from your local media that I referenced. 

Remember, it was June when Silver's article came out and I think much has happened on the contract front since then.  I think maybe Brady actually understands the complexity of the issue.  He's gotten some one on one time with Kraft and they are working on it.  

Additionally, just because the rift appears cleared doesn't mean that Brady isn't frustrated about not having a new contract.  I am sure Manning is too.  What happens if either one of them goes down this year without the security of an ongoing contract.  They could be skrewwed. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

My mistake. I thought they were Brady's comments.

As for the "local media", Mike Reiss, Ian Rapoport and PFW are good reads, while Boston.com and Michael Felger are to be avoided.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2010/08/a-fans-guide-to-surviving-the-patriots-media-2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

The Pats are set at WR I'm not the least concerned, a unit with Moss/Welker/Edelman/Tate will not be short of big plays.  There is a lot of talent at the skilled positions for the Pats/.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

A little late to the discussion.

The comments made by PK could have been made by any small town reporter in the U.S..  If you know something about the NFL you probably know who Holt is and know he's with the Pats.  Look at what they drafted this year and look up info on the kid, Price.  You have your article.  Very small town stuff from a national writer.  It's not that it's about the Pats it's a poor article in general.  Any small town hack could have done this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter King : You are way over analyzing this thing.  I am not making any judgements.  1.  I don't know your local guy but he makes a very logical and valid point.  If Brady had not said or endorsed the comments used by Silver, then why would he give Silver his only exclusive interview?  Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

Well, this is a new one on me.

How do you get from "Brady declined to comment," to "exclusive interview?"

Seriously, dude. What the f*ck is wrong with you? Do you have some rare cognitive deficiency? Are you under a physician's care?

This speculative conglomeration of nothing was widely dismissed as exactly what it is when it hit the streets two and a half months ago. Not one of the supposititions it presents are adequately sourced and citing it (not to mention another guy -- this time at least a local hack -- who used it as a jumping-off point) as the basis for yet another diatribe about how Peyton Manning farts pixie dust is . . .

well, it's . . .

it's exactly what I expect from you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

Peter King doesn't have a clue... they don't do any research what so ever. i heard one of the espn idiots talking about how old the team is and the defense is patchwork. same thing they have been saying for years. 

receiver wise this group has the potential to be even better than 2007., Aside from Moss and Welker, they have significantly upgraded the tight end position along with newcomers edelman, tate , and price.

i rarely ever watch or listen to espn anymore, when i do its the same bs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

Pm
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Felger is a hack looking for controversy in any comment or article written concerning the Pats, He is just trying to enhance his reputation in  Boston as a serious journalist and sports personality. However he is the worst of the worst built in the John tomasse and Ron Bourges mode of irresponsible journalism, nothing they write or speak holds any validation for me, I take their comments with a grain of salt and laugh at most of their commentaries.

Seriously, what do they really know, absolutely nothing, nothing but their own warped opinions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter King : Well, this is a new one on me. How do you get from "Brady declined to comment," to "exclusive interview?" This speculative conglomeration of nothing was widely dismissed as exactly what it is when it hit the streets two and a half months ago. Not one of the supposititions it presents are adequately sourced and citing it (not to mention another guy -- this time at least a local hack -- who used it as a jumping-off point) as the basis for yet another diatribe about how Peyton Manning farts pixie dust is . . . well, it's . . . it's exactly what I expect from you.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    A new one on you?  What?  That you actually don't know everything?  Sorry. 

Widely dismissed by whom, TP, you, Al Franken? 

Considering your issue with sourcing or everything, I guess you think Watergate never happened - maybe Spygate didn't either. 

Feel free to chew on some of Silver's responses to questions just like yours. 
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday061510
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday070610

I find it ironic that you are willing blow me sh*t about Manning while be unwilling to accept information that has yet to be credibly denied about Brady's early issues with the organization.  You may have expected it from me, but I didn't expect it from you. 

I guess like the others, you are just another fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter King : A new one on you?  What?  That you actually don't know everything?  Sorry.  Widely dismissed by whom, TP, you, Al Franken?  Considering your issue with sourcing or everything, I guess you think Watergate never happened - maybe Spygate didn't either.  Feel free to chew on some of Silver's responses to questions just like yours.  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday061510 http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday070610 I find it ironic that you are willing blow me sh*t about Manning while be unwilling to accept information that has yet to be credibly denied about Brady's early issues with the organization.  You may have expected it from me, but I didn't expect it from you.  I guess like the others, you are just another fan.
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

Ummm... we are all fans here.  Oh, except you.  You are the fan of a different team, who persists in hanging around and fighting with people.  I entered this forum in the middle of a thread where someone was trying to vote you off. You have said about 2 things that didn't sound like cheap shots since.  You understand, this is a Patriot site, its normal for us to bash Manning.  It is also normal for you to defend him.  Just not here.  Indystar.com is where you need to do your Prancing Sparkly Pony business.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter King : Considering your issue with sourcing or everything, I guess you think Watergate never happened - maybe Spygate didn't either. Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

So now, everything every half-assed "journalist" chooses to opine is "fact" because Woodward and Bernstein broke the rules 40 years ago.

According to sources close to the situation, underdoggggg is a gullible fool.

There you go.

Now that's a confirmed fact.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Peter King is irrelevant.

I haven't read his stuff in years.

I don't care what he has to say.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Apparently the world forgot that Bostonians require sourcing when anyone writes the slightest criticism about their beloved pats.  

Who that writes for the NFL provides sources regarding sensitive situations?  I am gullible.  You are just another pats fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter King : So now, everything every half-assed "journalist" chooses to opine is "fact" because Woodward and Bernstein broke the rules 40 years ago. According to sources close to the situation, underdoggggg is a gullible fool. There you go. Now that's a confirmed fact.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

He always has to throw the "Spygate" thing in there.

Sections
Shortcuts