PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE

Well, I'd like to have access to it, as a novelty. Truth is, practically no one on this site could make heads or tails of it. I mean, if professional football organizations spend thousands of hours a week breaking down film and still get outmaneuvered into a 24-3 drubbing, who in cyberspace has enough time to find ANYTHING significant on the tape that isn't readily told them by the talking heads on NFL Network.

I just see a bunch of 1-hour-a-week, wannabe GMs spouting off pompously on boards like this about, "What I noticed on the All-22's," while the rest of us smile, knowing full well they didn't find a damn thing not seen by the average NFL waterboy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

That is why I like end zone seats rather than 50 yardline seasts. You get a purer view of the play unfolding at each level.

ANd yes, the cheerleaders should go topless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE:
    [QUOTE]Well, I'd like to have access to it, as a novelty. Truth is, practically no one on this site could make heads or tails of it. I mean, if professional football organizations spend thousands of hours a week breaking down film and still get outmaneuvered into a 24-3 drubbing, who in cyberspace has enough time to find ANYTHING significant on the tape that isn't readily told them by the talking heads on NFL Network. I just see a bunch of 1-hour-a-week, wannabe GMs spouting off pompously on boards like this about, " What I noticed on the All-22's ," while the rest of us smile, knowing full well they didn't find a damn thing not seen by the average NFL waterboy.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

With all due respect you couldn't be more wrong. There are many people , including myself that make good $$$ seeing what other people dont see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE : That's a simply amazing idea. Run it like those DVDs that have a copy of the movie with director/actors/writer talking over parts of the movie to describe this or that. To hear the analyst going over most of it, bringing in players for a few soundbites to describe what they were doing, maybe an occasional coach or coordinator to add some voice-overs. I can't think of a better way to rewatch a game.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Totally more interesting than those 1-hour replays they now do.  Probably more expensive to produce, though, which is why they may not do it.  A lot of their material seems to be inexpensive filler--but the league is so popular it's probably all they need to attract viewers. I know I watch a lot. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I think they have to know theres a maket for this stuff. Id say at least 60% of the die hards i know today would absolutely love this stuff. The idea that ma6dragon9 threw out there was a good one. I think the All 22 would sell on its own , but i voice over with a former coach and player would be great.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE : With all due respect you couldn't be more wrong. There are many people , including myself that make good $$$ seeing what other people dont see.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

If so, you would be on an NFL, or major college, coaching staff.

Don't delude yourself...if you're on a fan bulletin board, you are a rank amateur, like the rest of us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE : If so, you would be on an NFL, or major college, coaching staff. Don't delude yourself...if you're on a fan bulletin board, you are a rank amateur, like the rest of us.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Seriously what are you trying to say? That only people in the NFL etc. know what their talking about?  This proves you just don't know what your talking about buddy. Again there are many people , including myself. That make a lot of money every year from anticipating match ups , trends , knowing player strengths/weakness' and much more that i wont bother with considering you just dont know what your talking about. If you think by working for an NFL , college team etc. makes you all knowing , well again this proves you dont have a clue. And btw you really need to stop "assuming" things. Im a trainer , S&C coach that trains h.s and college athletes , some of which have go on to play in the pro's. I train players all year round , from basketball/football players to mma and boxing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PETITION THREAD FOR ALL 22 / COACHES TAPE : Seriously what are you trying to say? That only people in the NFL etc. know what their talking about?  This proves you just don't know what your talking about buddy. Again there are many people , including myself. That make a lot of money every year from anticipating match ups , trends , knowing player strengths/weakness' and much more that i wont bother with considering you just dont know what your talking about. If you think by working for an NFL , college team etc. makes you all knowing , well again this proves you dont have a clue. And btw you really need to stop "assuming" things. Im a trainer , S&C coach that trains h.s and college athletes , some of which have go on to play in the pro's. I train players all year round , from basketball/football players to mma and boxing.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

If you read Patriot Reign or any of the excellent books on Bill Belichick, you'll have read that he'll spend 50 hours watching film trying to spot one little anomaly that he can exploit to make the difference in a game.

So, yes, I am saying that if you do not spend thousands of hours watching film each year, like professional coaches do, anything that you may find that seems significant to you is going to be mitigated to meaninglessness by all the stuff you missed on that same film.

I'm saying the passion and dedication it takes to locate meaningful details on game film is beyond that of a weekend warrior. If you had the passion, dedication and the talent to read film, you would not be starting online petitions to see the all-22's...you'd already be seeing them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Just because you don't see as much as BB sees doesn't mean you won't see anything.  I often wish I could see film of plays I watch on TV or in the stadium just to check little details I missed, like where the safety went on a pass completion or who missed a block on a sack.  Don't see anything wrong with wanting a chance to see details that I missed or couldn't see from the stands or on the TV feed. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

i agree.  its not about knowing as much or more than the coaches, its about being able to see the whole game and have a deeper understanding of whats going on

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

At least some people on here get it. There are many people that dont work for an NFL team and know much more then them. Apparently this guys forgets or doesnt want to acknowledge teams like the Bengal's , Lions , Cardinals Redskins etc. who for years drafted terrible players , ran simplistic schemes , couldn't manage players or their personalities and did a putrid job of putting a team together. He makes it seem like just because you work for an NFL team you know what your talking about. I would bet that Scout.com has more scouts than the Bengal's , not to mention more knowledgeable. And the fact alone that their privy to the tape doesn't mean the know more. The fact that they have spent thousands of hours designing plays , studying the game , developing players and spending time around them shows they know more. Again people really need to stop assuming because you post on a sports forum , you an amateur. I work with athletes for a living , im around them everyday , all day and night. I work with hs and college players , as well as ex-jocks/meatheads that have all played baseball , basketball , football , mma/boxing , swimming and track/field. A few kids that have played in ncaab&f championship games. One as recent as this year , who was maybe the best defensive guard in the country. An advantage of working with them allows me to pick their minds , ask questions and even see some tape that they had. I'm hardly a weekend warrior. And you make it seem like we think were going to show BB something new. Why cant we just watch it and understand the game more. Whats wrong with wanting to learn more about a game you love? I havent read one post in this thread from someone that thinks their smarter than any coach in the league. Just sports junkies that want to learn more. Your the only one being negitive.

Sections
Shortcuts