Petition to Remove Albert Breer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Petition to Remove Albert Breer

I changed my mind. He can stay. I love you, Al.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Petition to Remove Albert Breer

I agree with you, he does nothing but tear down the local teams like the rest of the NY Globe/(NY)Boston.com writers. I swear if you gave him the goose that laid the golden eggs he would rip it for not making eggs he could eat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Why? You don't like his "Whitey did wrong", "The black man got screwed again" angle on almost every story he writes?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

In Response to Re: Petition to Remove Albert Breer:
    I agree with you, he does nothing but tear down the local teams like the rest of the NY Globe/(NY)Boston.com writers. I swear if you gave him the goose that laid the golden eggs he would rip it for not making eggs he could eat.
    Posted by rtuinila

Haha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He's not a very pro Boston guy. He'll get his in the end,because karma has a tendacy even things out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Breer is not here because he wants this job. He is here for the next one. We deserve better than that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Here is a crazy thought.  Just dont read him.  Go over to ESPNBoston.com and read Mike Riess.  If you want this guy gone, stop reading his stuff.  If readship falls, internet hits fall, on his stuff, then he will be gone.  Economics rules.  He starts costing the globe money and viewers/readers, he is gone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I don't read him...arrogant jerk in person also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Here is a crazy thought.  Just dont read him.  Go over to ESPNBoston.com and read Mike Riess.  If you want this guy gone, stop reading his stuff.  If readship falls, internet hits fall, on his stuff, then he will be gone.  Economics rules.  He starts costing the globe money and viewers/readers, he is gone.
    Posted by Patsman2

Nail, meet hammer.

The kind of uproar happening in the comments sections of the articles and on this board is exactly what the Globe wants, exactly what it can use to show its advertisers that this site works (which, ironically, is what we want, as well). Albert Breer is like an annoying jingle for a product you will never buy but can't get out of your head (Think: freecreditreport. com). Whether the reader loves the kind of bland, second- or third-hand blather that Breer presents or despises the lazy approach he and, by extension, the Globe takes to its journalistic responsibility mattters not a whit. It's all about the hits, baby. The way you attack a guy like this is not by railing in anger at his amateurish and pointless hackery. Act as if he is not there at all and, soon enough, he won't be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Petition to Remove Albert Breer : Nail, meet hammer. The kind of uproar happening in the comments sections of the articles and on this board is exactly what the Globe wants, exactly what it can use to show its advertisers that this site works (which, ironically, is what we want, as well). Albert Breer is like an annoying jingle for a product you will never buy but can't get out of your head (Think: freecreditreport. com). Whether the reader loves the kind of bland, second- or third-hand blather that Breer presents or despises the lazy approach he and, by extension, the Globe takes to its journalistic responsibility mattters not a whit. It's all about the hits, baby. The way you attack a guy like this is not by railing in anger at his amateurish and pointless hackery. Act as if he is not there at all and, soon enough, he won't be.
    Posted by p-mike

Just don't look, just don't look.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: Petition to Remove Albert Breer : Nail, meet hammer. The kind of uproar happening in the comments sections of the articles and on this board is exactly what the Globe wants, exactly what it can use to show its advertisers that this site works (which, ironically, is what we want, as well). Albert Breer is like an annoying jingle for a product you will never buy but can't get out of your head (Think: freecreditreport. com). Whether the reader loves the kind of bland, second- or third-hand blather that Breer presents or despises the lazy approach he and, by extension, the Globe takes to its journalistic responsibility mattters not a whit. It's all about the hits, baby. The way you attack a guy like this is not by railing in anger at his amateurish and pointless hackery. Act as if he is not there at all and, soon enough, he won't be.
    Posted by p-mike

Exactly because he and the globe could care less if we agree with him or not.  He is like the guys on sports radio that say outrageous stuff just to get people angry enough to call in.  The globe runs to the advertisors and says see we got XXX amount of  hits on his page!!!!.  Don't you want to place ads on this high volume page!!!  Ignore him and he will go away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

Albert Breer is despicable. His going after rookie Hernandez is mean spirited. His headline for today's column about Spike being assigned Seau's number 55 is sneering and showed disrespect to Junior Seau. The Patriots section in the Globe has sunk to such a low level. I am sure it is losing readers everyday. The Globe should hire John Tomase to complete the hack circle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mass4lif. Show mass4lif's posts

Maybe we could trade him for his hero Rick Gosselin, who actually IS a good writer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

He has approached this story with a kind of nanny nanny pooh pooh attitude.  Breer brings a feeling of gotcha journalism to this story.  I wonder if the National Inquirer is hiring?  I don't usually knock beat writers.  It must be tough in this age of 24 hour news coverage but the coverage of this story has been particularly annoying.  It has been on the front page of the Globe's sports website all week.    Albert has nothing else to write so might as well slam someone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Albert is a real weapon of no destruction ..... All headlines with no substance.
    I only come on here to read this  forum to tell you the truth. Mike Reiss is my man with all things  on the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts