Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL

Just heard it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL

could care less

good for him.  good for them

lotta money for one player, though.

just wanted to match Brady's $18mil/yr

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Congratulations to the Colts and Peyton. Both parties deserved to get the deal done, and I tip my hat to Peyton for not requesting to be the highest-paid player in the NFL.

We as Patriots fans like to rag on the Colts and Peyton, but this deal was finally completed and with dignity.

Will be fun watching Peyton and Tom continue to duel it out atop the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL:
    [QUOTE]could care less good for him.  good for them lotta money for one player, though. just wanted to match Brady's $18mil/yr
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

This is a silly post. 

Of course it's a lot of money for one player - just as the amount that Brady got was a lot of money for one player. 

If Brady had gotten this deal we'd be praising the Patriots and Brady.

Give credit where credit is due and move on. The Colts and Manning both agreed on a very reasonable deal. I tip my cap to Peyton for not leveraging the Colts into making him the highest-paid player in the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

As much as I have my own personal rivalry with the Colts, I must say this is good for them and Manning.  Looking to sign for less then expected so the team can spread some money around, props to him.  Really would have hated to see them drag this through the mud. Now that this is behind them, they can move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]could care less good for him.  good for them lotta money for one player, though. just wanted to match Brady's $18mil/yr
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

what a "toolish" statement.  Did you say this (lotta money for one player) when Brady signed his 18 mill/yr deal? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]Congratulations to the Colts and Peyton. Both parties deserved to get the deal done, and I tip my hat to Peyton for not requesting to be the highest-paid player in the NFL. We as Patriots fans like to rag on the Colts and Peyton, but this deal was finally completed and with dignity. Will be fun watching Peyton and Tom continue to duel it out atop the NFL.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Totally Agree.  It is fun watching Peyton and Tom duel it out for many more yrs to come. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Don't tell Texas Pat - otherwise he'll have some backtracking to do. 

Actually I am sure TP already knows.  He has the "pulse" of the NFL.  He's likely apoplectic right now.  Can't wait - for his spin.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

You knew though the Colts had to do this.  He is the man in Indy - they are going to Ride him like Miami rode Marino ... it was just a matter of time. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Risky?  How? 

And how do you know the colts are over the cap?  Lets begin by reminding you that as a franchised player his cap # was 23 mill.  So even if there isn't a unique structure to his cap # over the five years, which I am betting there is, at a minimum he just saved the colts 5 million in cap money. 

For a guy that treats everyone every day as if they are stupid, you really don't know jack sh*t.

Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Patty - I asked you last night where the evidence from Manning was that he was asking for more than he got.  Do you not know, or were you just trying to ignore me? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Manning deserves every penny of it.  When Brady and Manning retire it will be a little like when Magic and Bird retired.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Over his career the Colts will have paid him over 200 million. That's a lot of mulah for a sub .500 playoff QB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Babe, once again with the silly full attribution of team records to one player. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Maybe I spoke too soon giving Manning props.

Ross Tucker
    by JasonLaCanfora

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

good work by both Manning and Colts.

As much as we hate the colts and Manning - credit when it is due.

Well done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe I spoke too soon giving Manning props. RossTuckerNFL Ross Tucker by JasonLaCanfora Not buying the "Peyton took less for teammates" spin. $23M/yr first 3 years, doubt he plays for $10.5M last 2 years, & K. Hayden got cut.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Me too! Yikes!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe I spoke too soon giving Manning props. RossTuckerNFL Ross Tucker by JasonLaCanfora Not buying the "Peyton took less for teammates" spin. $23M/yr first 3 years, doubt he plays for $10.5M last 2 years, & K. Hayden got cut.

It's all smoke and mirrors that he gave back. He took top money for his age.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Looks like he took a lesson from Tom and actually thought of the team as far as money goes. Finnally something I can respect frpm Peyton other than his sometimes funny commercials.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Gee, wonder that underdoggg will say about this.  The press is only right if quoting "sources close to."  Sounds like this guy, a NFL reporter isn't buying the spin.  Wonder what doggg will think of that.  Puzzles, adding up 2 + 2, and the nonesuch.  Hmmmm.  PM takes a front-end loaded 23M deal for three years, but he's looking out for team mates and helping management.  Sounds fishy to me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

The real question is...why did he take this long to sign?  He mentioned that he didn't want to work out the details on a new contract during the season.  Fair enough, but the season ended in January.  If he REALLY was not interested in being the highest-paid player then why did he not simply sign a contract similar to what Brady signed for, at about the same time?

Sections
Shortcuts