Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : Excuse me? I love how you say you "assume" and then tell me I don't know jack. All the teams OVER the cap when this lockout lifted have struggled to sign. NY, Dallas, Pitt, etc.  ALL have struggled.   You were over the cap with Gomer's tag.  Now, he's going to count 23 million in 2011. Why do you lie or pretend these facts don't apply to the Colts. Tell us whom you've cut so far for players who were on your roster last year: Go right ahead. Let's get down to the details with the status quo of the Colts. After that, get off our board. You're an incredible tool.
    Posted by RidingWithThe
    Red head - the colts were over the cap with Manning's franchise tag.  Now that that is gone, if the deal is prorated over 5, Manning's cap # is 18 mill (same as Brady) and that puts the team under the cap. 

They dumped Hayden who was due 8 mill and 7 mill on the cap, and he wasn't worth the money.  I'd imagine if he wants to play, he'll restructure. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : Gee, wonder that underdoggg will say about this.  The press is only right if quoting "sources close to."  Sounds like this guy, a NFL reporter isn't buying the spin.  Wonder what doggg will think of that.  Puzzles, adding up 2 + 2, and the nonesuch.  Hmmmm.  PM takes a front-end loaded 23M deal for three years, but he's looking out for team mates and helping management.  Sounds fishy to me.
    Posted by gr82bme

Tells me that it is 18 mill over 5 yrs.   Same as Brady.   Cool

And his cap hit this year is only 16 mill.  Colts save 7 mill on the cap with the deal. 

Brilliant stuff by the colts.  Just Brilliant. 

Rusty just shat his pants.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The real question is...why did he take this long to sign?  He mentioned that he didn't want to work out the details on a new contract during the season.  Fair enough, but the season ended in January.  If he REALLY was not interested in being the highest-paid player then why did he not simply sign a contract similar to what Brady signed for, at about the same time?
    Posted by dastardly

Its all speculation, so I can only say that I don't know, but I believe that agents tell their clients "let me handle this", and the players comply until the sh*t gets out of hand. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : what a "toolish" statement.  Did you say this (lotta money for one player) when Brady signed his 18 mill/yr deal? 
    Posted by UD6

shut up.  you aren't where you belong, so what patriot fans say is of NO concern to you.  go where colt fans are, and you then have rights to say that stuff.  Because someone saying that at a colt site is a TROLL.  Someone talking about it here is a patriots fan.  See the difference?  Bet you will pretend you don't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Looks like he took a lesson from Tom and actually thought of the team as far as money goes. Finnally something I can respect frpm Peyton other than his sometimes funny commercials.
    Posted by raptor64d

What's incredible to me is how the media is reporting this...as a "cap friendly" deal, in which Manning took less, so his team could be improved. On face value, that is the way it appears. But, when you consider that almost all of the $90mil. gets paid up front ($23mil. per year for 3 years)...how is that a "cap friendly" deal for the Colts? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : shut up.  you aren't where you belong, so what patriot fans say is of NO concern to you.  go where colt fans are, and you then have rights to say that stuff.  Because someone saying that at a colt site is a TROLL.  Someone talking about it here is a patriots fan.  See the difference?  Bet you will pretend you don't.
    Posted by Davedsone

Ah, but that's his sole purpose in life.  I often wonder what this schmo's real intent is until I realize he simply has this insecurity/jealousy/envy towards the Pats. I bet he spends more time posting here than on a Colts board.  This guy would side with Jets trolls and diss the Pats on a Pats board.  He doesn't realize Jets fans have just as little respect for Manning as Pats fans have and yet I bet he doesn't post there. 

He'd claim that he posts here because there are topics relating to his team but then he chimes in on topics completely unrelated to the colts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : Ah, but that's his sole purpose in life.  I often wonder what this schmo's real intent is until I realize he simply has this insecurity/jealousy/envy towards the Pats. I bet he spends more time posting here than on a Colts board.  This guy would side with Jets trolls and diss the Pats on a Pats board.  He doesn't realize Jets fans have just as little respect for Manning as Pats fans have and yet I bet he doesn't post there.  He'd claim that he posts here because there are topics relating to his team but then he chimes in on topics completely unrelated to the colts.
    Posted by dastardly

The solution to your problems with him are simple. Choose to use the ignore function, as many others have done.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : shut up.  you aren't where you belong, so what patriot fans say is of NO concern to you.  go where colt fans are, and you then have rights to say that stuff.  Because someone saying that at a colt site is a TROLL.  Someone talking about it here is a patriots fan.  See the difference?  Bet you will pretend you don't.
    Posted by Davedsone

You Shut up Dave - see how easy that was.  So what do you think of Manning's contract? 

Were you a disrespected hall moniter in elementary school?  Is that anger and desire for power still lingering?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL :      What's incredible to me is how the media is reporting this...as a "cap friendly" deal, in which Manning took less, so his team could be improved. On face value, that is the way it appears. But, when you consider that almost all of the $90mil. gets paid up front ($23mil. per year for 3 years)...how is that a "cap friendly" deal for the Colts? 
    Posted by TexasPat3

You should read a little before you post.  16 mill against the cap this year.  Save's 7 mill against this years cap by eliminating the franchise tag.  For a guy who does nothing but post links to articles you ought to try reading them once in a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : Tells me that it is 18 mill over 5 yrs.   Same as Brady.    And his cap hit this year is only 16 mill.  Colts save 7 mill on the cap with the deal.  Brilliant stuff by the colts.  Just Brilliant.  Rusty just shat his pants.
    Posted by UD6

And what's the hit against the cap in the 2nd and 3rd years genius?  As I said on another post - if TB had done this you'd be here spouting "greed" and TB in the same sentence, then you'd come up with some idiotic conspiracy theory as to "why."  At least your consistent.....consistenly hypocritical.  And everyone on this board knows it.  Your folks must be proud.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It's all smoke and mirrors that he gave back. He took top money for his age.

Agree, feel free to correct me but he put back what 10M? Thats what I heard was reported. So he put back 2M per in Irsays kitty. Thats real generous. Go team.

Personally for all its worth I think Bradys contract was pretty rich, but, ... yes theres always a but, he put 3 lombardi's in big Bob's trophy case. Bob is a business man, kind of a bottom line guy. And thats the bottom line, Lombardis. Causeif it was not the JEsts and the Eagles would be braggin up their collection of runner ups in the AFC champoinship games. Buffalo and Mimmy bridesmaid SB queens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : And what's the hit against the cap in the 2nd and 3rd years genius?  As I said on another post - if TB had done this you'd be here spouting "greed" and TB in the same sentence, then you'd come up with some idiotic conspiracy theory as to "why."  At least your consistent.....consistenly hypocritical.  And everyone on this board knows it.  Your folks must be proud.
    Posted by gr82bme

wrongo keeb - thats the patriot fan way.  You guys love to bag on any non-pats  player that cashes in, but are completely on board when one of your players does. 

Don't know the cap hit in yrs 2 and 3.  Doesn't really matter right now, does it?  But hey - I applaud you for looking to the future.  A little worried now about the current?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : You're an idiot.  The Colts can't sign any FAs,  need to make more cuts and their QB is 35 years old with a serious neck injury and will miss camp. You best hope that neck problem doesn't cause him to continue to be careless with his throws again.  lol Now pick up those panties off your boyfriend's floor.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

LOL - but its ok for the pats to make cuts.  How much more hypocritical can you be?

Rusty's soiled.  HaHa

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : wrongo keeb - thats the patriot fan way.  You guys love to bag on any non-pats  player that cashes in, but are completely on board when one of your players does.  Don't know the cap hit in yrs 2 and 3.  Doesn't really matter right now, does it?  But hey - I applaud you for looking to the future.  A little worried now about the current?
    Posted by UD6

Not worried about the current whatsoever, especially as it pertains to our two teams.  We went 14-2, you went what exactly?  Yup, we were one and done in the playoffs, but with our draft, FA additions, and re-signed folks, I like our chances.  Jets got better too.  But the Colts already had PM.  What else did they add?  Pre-season signings not done yet, but I don't see where the Colts (yes, already a darn good team) did anything to improve.  I believe the Pats did - we shall see.  Now I'm just chomping at the bit to see some football.  GO PATS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Phil - conventional wisdom was that Manning would/could take 20 million per year vs. the 18 million he took.  That 2 mill per year, and over 5 years that's 10 million. 

Always happy to help you understand. 

Now as far as your rationalization for Brady - HE (?) put 3 lombardi's in Bob's trophy case?   What about Belichick, the defense, Vinatieri.  I am always shocked by how little credit pats fans are willing to give anyone else on those teams.  And you guys think I am a manning worshipper.  Crazy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : Not worried about the current whatsoever, especially as it pertains to our two teams.  We went 14-2, you went what exactly?  Yup, we were one and done in the playoffs, but with our draft, FA additions, and re-signed folks, I like our chances.  Jets got better too.  But the Colts already had PM.  What else did they add?  Pre-season signings not done yet, but I don't see where the Colts (yes, already a darn good team) did anything to improve.  I believe the Pats did - we shall see.  Now I'm just chomping at the bit to see some football.  GO PATS!
    Posted by gr82bme

1) then why bring up the next 2 yrs as it pertains to Manning? 
    2) to your points here - curious if you can point out significant/media splash fa acquisitions the colts have made in the past 10 years?  I can think of 2.  Just not the way the colts generally operate. 
    3) colts difference this year, hopefully, will be health.  Nothing is guaranteed, but last year was an injury disaster. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : LOL - but its ok for the pats to make cuts.  How much more hypocritical can you be? Rusty's soiled.  HaHa
    Posted by UD6

You actually called someone else a Hyprocrite?  Seriously....that is YOUR NAME!   Fact of the matter, Manning is getting 23 million for 3 years.  the last 2 years are throw aways to keep his cap lower!  You know it, we know it, the American people know it.  You can keep on saying he took less....sure he did!  I will bet you money that in 3 years he will have a new contract.
    Really, did you also say wrongo?  Tool!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning - 5 YRS - 90 MIL : 1) then why bring up the next 2 yrs as it pertains to Manning?  2) to your points here - curious if you can point out significant/media splash fa acquisitions the colts have made in the past 10 years?  I can think of 2.  Just not the way the colts generally operate.  3) colts difference this year, hopefully, will be health.  Nothing is guaranteed, but last year was an injury disaster. 
    Posted by UD6

1.  I bring it up because you're making it sound like PM "took" a contract lesser in value so it would help the Colts clear cap-space.  I disagree because in years 2 and 3 it will inhibit the Colts' cap.  You don't want to "see" that, but others, including those opining in media outlets disagree also.
    2.  You're right with respect to FA's and the Colts.  Perhaps you could bring one or two in if you're boy Manning really did take less, which we both know he did not - only you seem to think it's going to help your team.
    3.  Yes, I understand that the Colts injuries last year where the most any team had to face in the modern era (yup, I'm being sarcastic).  Because we all know the Pats and other teams Colts compete against had absolutely zero injuries.  Got it.

Sections
Shortcuts