Peyton Manning and Colts to Part tomorrow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Peyton Manning and Colts to Part tomorrow

Not shocking news. But ESPN just reported it.

Going to be weird seeing him in another uniform...I guess this is the OFFICIAL end of the best rivalry of the past decade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Peyton Manning and Colts to Part tomorrow

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7653897/sources-indianapolis-colts-part-peyton-manning-wednesday

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

he will look even poutier than usual methinks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

If Peyton plays for the Dolphins we'll be seeing him more than ever.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Please play for the Dolphins. Be special to beat him outside 2X a year and theres always the snow bowl we play around xmas. I bet a turquoise and orange  uniform isn't any warmer.

Doing his usual diligence I hope Bill B brings him in for a workout. :)

Edit:  my special meter just pegged!  He'd have to play in NY, NE and Buff in crappy weather typically. The last time he played in Buff didn't they quit and not play the starters? Who wants a perfect season anyway?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Even if he plays for the Dolphins, things will never be same.

And Dolphins have had a history of giving us trouble...Henne threw 400 yards against us...I wouldnt take them for granted

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I don't take Brandon Marshall for granted. He's wayyyy underrated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Brady - Manning 2 X Year 
    this would be fun  
    a new pats - phins rivalry 
    or pats - jets great one for the ages

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Happy P Manning day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Actually I think Manning will end up in the NFC West either Seahawks or Cardinals. I think Matt Flynn will wind up in Miami since Philbin said he wants to run his system. The Jets said they might not be able to afford Chad Henne, let alone Manning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning and Colts to Part tomorrow:
    Actually I think Manning will end up in the NFC West either Seahawks or Cardinals. I think Matt Flynn will wind up in Miami since Philbin said he wants to run his system. The Jets said they might not be able to afford Chad Henne, let alone Manning.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

I agree.  The Jets and their salary issues are struggling to bring in a decent backup and the Dolphins want Flynn because of the QB/coach relationship.  Another issue is Manning isn't going to take a small, incentive base contract.  Seattle, Arizona, and even S.F. seem to be the front runners to me.  What about Minnesota? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Does he have to clear waivers before he becomes FA?  Like Moss did before Tennessee picked him up, or is it different because the NFL calendar year is changing?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

There's a reason why Peyton is getting released.  I was saying over a year ago that a player with two neck vertebrae surgeries is likely to have a third, and a fourth.  Then Peyton had another surgery.  Then Peyton still didn't recover after a year.  The Colts' management seems to be saying that the likelihood of Peyton's full recovery is such that they'd rather go with JAGs at quarterback. 

Any team taking Peyton has to be prepared for paying through the nose up front, taking a 50% chance that Peyton doesn't make it out of training camp, taking another 50% chance that Peyton doesn't last 6 weeks into the season, and taking a whopping big chance that Peyton isn't around for the playoffs.  Necks are quite delicate, especially busted ones, and a QB needs to swivel his head all day all season.

That said, the New York Jets would be a perfect fit for Peyton, and not for him ever being on the field.  The Jets are trying to sell seat licenses for far into the future.  They overpaid for LaDanian Tomlinson last year in the twilight of his career, just to sell more seat licenses.  LT2 (as opposed to Lawrence Taylor) had a pretty good line in front of him but he couldn't do a thing all year.

Sections
Shortcuts