Peyton Manning and the glove

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Peyton Manning and the glove

So apparently Peyton is wearing a glove because the effects of his spinal surgery has affected the grip and arm strength of his right arm. He looked pretty good in KC, but I think it's something to monitor.

May affect him, may not affect him. But cold weather already makes it more difficult to grip the ball. Don't know what the weather is going to be on Saturday or even next Sunday, but I definitely think it's something that has potential to affect his game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Re: Peyton Manning and the glove

Maybe just an attempt to protect his hand from frequently hitting the helmet/face-mask of the Ravens?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

glove, schmove. i think the crows defense will be attacking and pollard and reed will be helmet bashing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

reports show he is more accurate wearing the glove.  We shall keep an eye on this during the game this weekend. 

BTW, I have no idea how he throws wearing this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

all four games this week should be great games

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So apparently Peyton is wearing a glove because the effects of his spinal surgery has affected the grip and arm strength of his right arm. He looked pretty good in KC, but I think it's something to monitor.

May affect him, may not affect him. But cold weather already makes it more difficult to grip the ball. Don't know what the weather is going to be on Saturday or even next Sunday, but I definitely think it's something that has potential to affect his game.

[/QUOTE]
    dapats - It wasn't the surgery that affected his arm strength it was the pinched nerve prior to the surgery that did.  Apparently he suffered with this problem for a couple of years.  2010 was pretty difficult for him.  So, the surgery was done to relieve the pressure on the nerve allowing the feeling to regenerate.  The problem is that there is no timetable for nerves to regenerate.  Some don't take long, others never recover. 

Manning has said he is not yet back to 100%. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    dapats - It wasn't the surgery that affected his arm strength it was the pinched nerve prior to the surgery that did.  Apparently he suffered with this problem for a couple of years.  2010 was pretty difficult for him.  So, the surgery was done to relieve the pressure on the nerve allowing the feeling to regenerate.  The problem is that there is no timetable for nerves to regenerate.  Some don't take long, others never recover. 

Manning has said he is not yet back to 100%. 

[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I'm well aware he's not 100% yet, and seeing as he's 36, I'm not sure if he'll ever get back to 100%. Still a great QB though.

That being said, does anyone know what temperature the games were when he was holding the glove?

Also, does everyone want the Ravens to win? I don't hate Manning, he's an all time great and I'm excited about the potential  Brady-Manning matchup.

I do strongly dislike the Ravens. Lived in the MD area for a while and know way too many annoying Ravens fans

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

19 degrees in Denver is like 45 in Massachusetts...seriously...altitude, dry air...Manning has always been a great competitor, dont understand the disrespect...that's like all the jerks who put Brady down...