Peyton Manning/Drew Brees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Peyton Manning/Drew Brees

Peyton Manning is playing to secure his legacy as the greatest quarterback of all time--Drew Brees is playing to bring a championship to the city of New Orleans. Wonder which one the football gods will be smiling on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Re: Peyton Manning/Drew Breese

Even if Peyton only gets 2 SB's, I don't think he's going to be considered the greatest of all time.  Look at Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman.  Those guys won more SB's and all played better consistently in the playoffs than Manning. 

Most of top 5 lists, include 2 if not all of Elway(2) , Favre(1) and Marino(0) so Super Bowl rings don't really determine who gets the best ever label.    If Peyton gets this Super Bowl he is going to start getting mentioned in this company, probably deservedly so. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Re: Peyton Manning/Drew Breese

Uhhh..it's Drew "Brees"..  Not Breeze or Breese.
    Or "Honey and the Beaze"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: Peyton Manning/Drew Brees

Thank you rocher, hmmmmm  haven't you corrected me before

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdcjoker. Show bdcjoker's posts

No-one could correct you my lovely. You are purrrfect....<snickersnicker>

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Brees needs the ring, Manning does not.  Most consider him one of the best even without a second ring!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Well the media types say he's the best , the guys who have played the game feel differently. They consider the SB rings to be the measure of the quarterbacks "greatness"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

NEGAME...   so true.. but if you read the posts over at USA Today when they announced Brady as their QB of the decade, because of the rings, the selection got lots of the usual negative, "cheater" comments and support for Manning because of his stats.  Either way, I am certain Brady will take the rings versus stats any day!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

agcsbill and I bet Manning would take the rings, and give up the stats.  Sad The ***gate happened ,it will hang over everybody on the team forever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Brady was among the NFL's highest paid players when he signed his last contract and he will be again.  Seymour was actually the highest paid player in 2006 when including salary, signing bonus, and other bonus'.    Anyone think he was the best player in the NFL the last 3 years? 

Anyway, my point is salaries go up every year so Brady and Manning will get huge contracts that people will say are never before seen.  Then next year somebody else will sign a huge, never before seen contract, and in 5 or six more years people will say Brady and Manning don't make as much as several other less accomplished guys.  Brady's contract was big when he signed it, now not so much but that's just the business.  Teams play with how the money is distrubited through bonus' etc to get around salary cap restrictions but I think both Brady and Manning get what is fair, which is more money than every QB playing right now.

Sections
Shortcuts