Peyton Manning Leaving Colts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts?

Pittsburgh dumps Big Ben because of all the bad PR he has brought the Rooney Family, and they pick up squeaky-clean Manning. Probably won't happen, but just a thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Manning said talking contract is distracting and would rather discuss it at the end of the season.  

Excuse me but wouldn't signing the most lucrative contract in the history of the NFL give you peace of mind.  Especially in the midst of so much uncertainty? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts?:
    Good for Peyton. I hate the guy but America is made on free enterprise and making all you can. There is some thought to this post though. The colts do have some chinks in the armor. I don't see a hugh plan to bolster the forces. They never play the free agant market in the off season. they never move around in the draft. I'm sure for Manning its more about rings now then money. Retirement should be in his thoughts so if planned proper he'll never have to worry about money again. So if Rings matter more then money what are his options? Minne...  couple fast receivers, excellent running back, dome, and NFC most of all. thats as guranteed in the playoffs every year as he has it now. Dallas. Dez and roy Williams, good running game, an owner who will get you anything you want for a ring. Jerry Jones would have NEVER rested the starters. I dont think he'd consider Miami, AFC east is too tough a division. Then theres the reach teams (warm weather) like Arizona and San Fran. This will be Mannings ultimate loyalty test in Indy. Mannings mug is all over billboards in Indy. He'd make a gazillion $ in Dallas or San Fran.
    Posted by Philskiw

San Francisco has some young talent on the OL and on defense, and could also be an option.

Don't discount the New York Jets...who will do anything to beat out the Patriots, and win a championship. If they fail in either of those grand goals this season, I could see them agressively pursuing Peyton. The two #1 draft choices being sent to Indy as compensation would be low first round picks...and the Jets have money to burn. They likely would be able to trade Mark Sanchez to, say, San Francisco, for at least a second round pick?  

Can you imagine Peyton quarterbacking the Jets, with their OL, receiving corp...and being backed up by a sturdy defense? Wow!!       

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I seriously doubt Manning wants to go elsewhere. Irsay is going to pay him, pretty much whatever he wants. They did have to wait until Tom got his, to set the price as it were.

RESPONSE: Irsay has already offered Manning pretty much a blank check, after Brady resigned. So...why the delay? Why should Peyton opt to see it all go up in smoke, should he suffer a serious injury before the season ends?

But even if they did tag him in 2011, he'd be guaranteed around $22 million and still be able to get a contract pretty much at will the next year. And I wouldn't think he'd want to sign with a team that doesn't have a legitimate shot at a SB. All those teams have a QB locked up.

RESPONSE: After what happened in Dallas this season, you don't think that Jerry Jones would part with whatever it took to land Peyton? Ditto with the Jets...if they fall short of beating out the Pats, and getting to the SB.

I'd say part of it was to make Irsay sweat it a bit, and part to see what happens with the CBA. If a team did agree to the picks I'm sure the Colts would match whatever he was offered, guarantees or not!

RESPONSE: What's to stop a team from adding a poison pill provision in a Peyton contract? How much money will Peyton be able to earn in higfh profile places like New York or Dallas, as opposed to Indy?
    Posted by bubthegrub2

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jac1421. Show jac1421's posts

In Response to Peyton Manning Leaving Colts?:
    [QUOTE]     One has to wonder why Peyton Manning has passed on signing what would be a lucrative extension with the Indianapolis Colts? Despite assurances from Indy owner Jim Irsay to make him the league's highest paid player, Peyton refused to get involved in extension discussions during Indy's week 7 bye week. Instead, he preferred to table the matter until the end of this season. With potentially a blank check on the table for his services, why would Manning take a pass?: http://www.dbtechno.com/curiosity/2010/11/02/could-peyton-manning-be-considering-leaving-indianapolis/ .      Could it be that he is still seething over managements' cowardly decision to pull the plug on Indy's chance at a perfect season last year? Could it be that he sees the Colts as an aging, fading team? Could it be that Peyton doesn't like or respect Indy's head coach, Jim Caldwell? Could it be that he sees opportunities to make millions off the field in NY, Dallas, or Miami?       Franchising Manning won't save the Colts. Don't you think that the Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, or New York Jets (if they falter this year in their SB quest) would be more than willing to part with two #1 draft choices, and open up their vaults, to land Peyton?       Thoughts? 
    Could it be that you're an idiot and have no idea what you're talking about?  Yes, I think so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jac1421. Show jac1421's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? :

Wow, that's pretty impressive that you actually know what Manning is thinking.  Seriously...give me a break.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jac1421. Show jac1421's posts

Wow, dude you're pretty angry.  Maybe you need to relax a little bit.  Funny, you call the Colts a derogatory name, right after you say they have no class.  Typical pats fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I brought this up a few weeks ago too.

I think it's certainly possible but you never know. Manning sees Brady setup for another decade of dominance while he's hanging on barely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Peyton Manning Leaving Colts?:
         One has to wonder why Peyton Manning has passed on signing what would be a lucrative extension with the Indianapolis Colts? Despite assurances from Indy owner Jim Irsay to make him the league's highest paid player, Peyton refused to get involved in extension discussions during Indy's week 7 bye week. Instead, he preferred to table the matter until the end of this season. With potentially a blank check on the table for his services, why would Manning take a pass?: http://www.dbtechno.com/curiosity/2010/11/02/could-peyton-manning-be-considering-leaving-indianapolis/ .      Could it be that he is still seething over managements' cowardly decision to pull the plug on Indy's chance at a perfect season last year? Could it be that he sees the Colts as an aging, fading team? Could it be that Peyton doesn't like or respect Indy's head coach, Jim Caldwell? Could it be that he sees opportunities to make millions off the field in NY, Dallas, or Miami?       Franchising Manning won't save the Colts. Don't you think that the Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, or New York Jets (if they falter this year in their SB quest) would be more than willing to part with two #1 draft choices, and open up their vaults, to land Peyton?       Thoughts? 
    Posted by TexasPat3

Leaving Indy? I don't think so.  He knows they can, and will, franchise him.  He wants the smoke to clear on the CBA so he can go forward with the contract.  He knows he isn't leaving Indy, and I don't think he cares that much about the perfect season.  He wanted to win another Superbowl.  The Colts give him a good shot, and he does NOT want to Farve up his legacy.  It's about compensation, plain and simple.  The man is trying to amass a fortune.  He's doing a great job of it, too.  The commercials alone are netting him huge dollars.   I kind of admire the way he has gone about it.  You would think Tom would be in a better position for the sponsor money (not looking like Gomer Pyle), but his wooden acting is killing him.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

the spin is interesting, but I am betting Florio has not made that call to you yet.

RESPONSE: Getting indigestion, Dog(gggg)??  

If I told you that I thought Manning was more of a team player in this instance than Brady, I am sure I'd catch a lot of flak, but from my perspective, its hard not to see it that way.  Brady complained publicly, and continued to allow the issue to fester embarrassingly until (imo) he got his audience with Kraft and they were able to figure things out.  Manning on the other hand, generally only said "I don't talk about contracts in the media".  Ultimately, some of you who like to refer to Manning as payaton must be chafed that Manning looks much more like the team player here than the selfish Brady.

RESPONSE: Rubbish...LOL!!! The "selfish" Brady could have pulled the same stunt that "team first" Peyton is pulling, now. Why didn't he? Surely, Tom would have commanded much more money, not to mention off-field opportunities, in Dallas, New York, and San Francisco.  

Now, could Manning leave?  Without a contract, anything is possible.  Will Manning leave?  I doubt it.  Lets examine your thoughts - Still upset over last year's decision to rest players.  He could be bothered by this, but wouldn't this have mattered only if they had won the SB?

RESPONSE: You're missing the point. Peyton vehemently disagreed with Caldwell's, and management's decision to pull the plug of the perfect season. Peyton discovered that he was being treated as "an employee" of the organization...and had little or no say in that decision. Hasn't he earned a more prominent role in the Indy organization? 

Isn't that the same for the pats?  Does this issue really even matter anywhere but jealous NE?

RESPONSE: Jealous?? Of what...LOL!!! No...it's not the same issue. Brady knows that he has some pull within the organization. But, he also understands and accepts that BB runs this team. He respects BB. Can the same be said for Peyton, with regards to Polian and Caldwell...after that foolish, cowardly decision to forego a shot at a perfect season?  

I mean its not like its spygate, right?

RESPONSE: Desperation...LOL!!! 

Aging fading team - I don't think so.  Especially given that the team is only a fraction older than its youngest team in the last 5 years.  Also, if this is in any comparision to the pats, the colts are younger.

RESPONSE: We've crossed this bridge before. Many of the Colts key players are 30 years old, or older...Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Dwight Freeney, Gary Brackett, and Robert Mathis (turns 30 in February of 2011).

Manning has worked with Caldwell for years.  Manning has enough clout to make his feelings known about the coaching staff.  If he doesn't like Caldwell, Polian will know.

RESPONSE: Where did Manning's alleged "clout" get him, when he protested over the decision toi forego the perfect season? 

Making millions elsewhere - Manning is the #1 endorser in the NFL as it is.  AS AN INDY PLAYER, no less.  I am sure as a 4 time MVP and an uncanny pitchman, he's got more offers than he can take.  Besides - Minnesota is an endorsement capital?  Forget about that, what about the culture of those teams.  The only one that is attractive is the Jets, and I do not forsee Peyton going to NYC given that Eli's already there.

RESPONSE: What about Dallas, New York, or Miami? Are you really trying to argue that he can make as much money staying in Indy, then if he went to those places? Besides, Peyton likely sees that the window of opportunity is closing in Indy, regarding winning another championship. As mentioned above, the key players on the Indy roster are 30 or older.  

Further why really would he want to leave.  He's more or less created and runs the offensive system.  It would be a lot of work understanding a new one.

RESPONSE: That's more of a reason why Indy must do everything possible to keep him...rather than a reason for him to stay. Don't you think that any new team that pays zillions to get him would transform their offensive system to something that best suits his talents?

Plus, Manning like most humans appears to be a creature of habit.  Taking him out of his comfort zone would not be attractive to him imo.  just my thoughts

RESPONSE: If that's true, than why is Manning risking a serious injury, that could gum up the works? Jim Irsay has already indicated that he's willing to give Peyton a blank check...so...why hasn't he inked his extension?
         Cat got your tongue, Dog(gggg)???? LOL!!!   

Posted by UD6

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

i just dont see him leaving he has a blank check on the table  
    Posted by wolfwood

With a blank check is on the table...why isn't he taking it? Why wait, and risk an injury, that could potentially cost him millions? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

the spin is interesting, but I am betting Florio has not made that call to you yet.  If I told you that I thought Manning was more of a team player in this instance than Brady, I am sure I'd catch a lot of flak, but from my perspective, its hard not to see it that way.  Brady complained publicly, and continued to allow the issue to fester embarrassingly until (imo) he got his audience with Kraft and they were able to figure things out.  Manning on the other hand, generally only said "I don't talk about contracts in the media".  Ultimately, some of you who like to refer to Manning as payaton must be chafed that Manning looks much more like the team player here than the selfish Brady.     Now, could Manning leave?  Without a contract, anything is possible.  Will Manning leave?  I doubt it.  Lets examine your thoughts - Still upset over last year's decision to rest players.  He could be bothered by this, but wouldn't this have mattered only if they had won the SB?  Isn't that the same for the pats?  Does this issue really even matter anywhere but jealous NE?  I mean its not like its spygate, right?   Aging fading team - I don't think so.  Especially given that the team is only a fraction older than its youngest team in the last 5 years.  Also, if this is in any comparision to the pats, the colts are younger.  Manning has worked with Caldwell for years.  Manning has enough clout to make his feelings known about the coaching staff.  If he doesn't like Caldwell, Polian will know.  Making millions elsewhere - Manning is the #1 endorser in the NFL as it is.  AS AN INDY PLAYER, no less.  I am sure as a 4 time MVP and an uncanny pitchman, he's got more offers than he can take.  Besides - Minnesota is an endorsement capital?  Forget about that, what about the culture of those teams.  The only one that is attractive is the Jets, and I do not forsee Peyton going to NYC given that Eli's already there.  Further why really would he want to leave.  He's more or less created and runs the offensive system.  It would be a lot of work understanding a new one.  Plus, Manning like most humans appears to be a creature of habit.  Taking him out of his comfort zone would not be attractive to him imo.  just my thoughts - a little bored, eh, tp?
    Posted by UD6

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

When has Brady complained publicly. And the Colts aren't even close to being younger than the Pat's what are you talking about?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

the spin is interesting, but I am betting Florio has not made that call to you yet.  If I told you that I thought Manning was more of a team player in this instance than Brady, I am sure I'd catch a lot of flak, but from my perspective, its hard not to see it that way.  Brady complained publicly, and continued to allow the issue to fester embarrassingly until (imo) he got his audience with Kraft and they were able to figure things out.  Manning on the other hand, generally only said "I don't talk about contracts in the media".  Ultimately, some of you who like to refer to Manning as payaton must be chafed that Manning looks much more like the team player here than the selfish Brady.     Now, could Manning leave?  Without a contract, anything is possible.  Will Manning leave?  I doubt it.  Lets examine your thoughts - Still upset over last year's decision to rest players.  He could be bothered by this, but wouldn't this have mattered only if they had won the SB?  Isn't that the same for the pats?  Does this issue really even matter anywhere but jealous NE?  I mean its not like its spygate, right?   Aging fading team - I don't think so.  Especially given that the team is only a fraction older than its youngest team in the last 5 years.  Also, if this is in any comparision to the pats, the colts are younger.  Manning has worked with Caldwell for years.  Manning has enough clout to make his feelings known about the coaching staff.  If he doesn't like Caldwell, Polian will know.  Making millions elsewhere - Manning is the #1 endorser in the NFL as it is.  AS AN INDY PLAYER, no less.  I am sure as a 4 time MVP and an uncanny pitchman, he's got more offers than he can take.  Besides - Minnesota is an endorsement capital?  Forget about that, what about the culture of those teams.  The only one that is attractive is the Jets, and I do not forsee Peyton going to NYC given that Eli's already there.  Further why really would he want to leave.  He's more or less created and runs the offensive system.  It would be a lot of work understanding a new one.  Plus, Manning like most humans appears to be a creature of habit.  Taking him out of his comfort zone would not be attractive to him imo.  just my thoughts - a little bored, eh, tp?
    Posted by UD6

Doggggggg:  I've seen where you've noted that TB "complained in a public way" or words to that effect.  I'm a local and read/listen to alot of media.  Not once did I hear (or was it reported) that he "complained" in any way, shape, or fashion.  He discussed the situation, and per an interview on WEEI, he said (paraphrasing):  I'm under contract and I'm going to honor it.  If we work out a deal great, but for now I'm under contact for this year.  In addition, he mentioned that he'd honor his contract because he wouldn't want to embarrass his Father who raised him to honor his commitments (again, paraphrasing).  So pray tell, please show me (provide a link) anything that could be construed as "complaining."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

He is going to Tennessee, it only makes sense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? : Doggggggg:  I've seen where you've noted that TB "complained in a public way" or words to that effect.  I'm a local and read/listen to alot of media.  Not once did I hear (or was it reported) that he "complained" in any way, shape, or fashion.  He discussed the situation, and per an interview on WEEI, he said (paraphrasing):  I'm under contract and I'm going to honor it.  If we work out a deal great, but for now I'm under contact for this year.  In addition, he mentioned that he'd honor his contract because he wouldn't want to embarrass his Father who raised him to honor his commitments (again, paraphrasing).  So pray tell, please show me (provide a link) anything that could be construed as "complaining."
    Posted by gr82bme

The bottom line is that "The Dog(gggg) is very concerned about this Manning business...LOL!!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Well, Tex, you have made some good points in reply to my opinions. While I can't imagine him being that ticked off about the last two games in 09, it certainly is possible. And if you add in the "control" factor that gives it a bit more weight. As far as being worried about injury, unlike other QBs he's never had one. It's probably less of a concern to him then it would be to others. Besides, he knows he has seven extra guys on the field who will "protect" him! I hadn't really considered Jerry Jones. I could see him dumping (or trading) Romo to aquire Manning. But while the Jests might be interesting to Manning (think of all the money-making possibility of a "Subway Super Bowl" featuring brother against brother), they'd probably have to build a dome for just the Jests to play in! And any team trying to sign him if he were tagged would certainly put in a "poison pill" like the Vikings did with Hutch. Still, it's hard for me to to conceive him leaving Indy. But truly, there may be underlying issues which have not leaked to the media. To be sure every "expert" will be jumping on this juicy news item as soon as their season ends! I don't know if that will be more or less nauseating than the annual "Favre-watch", but at least it will be something new to be fed up with!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? :      The bottom line is that "The Dog(gggg) is very concerned about this Manning business...LOL!!  
    Posted by TexasPat3

Apparently so, but  he doesn't have to dog (pun intended) and make up stuff about Brady.  I don't read alot of the Indy press coverage, but from a national perspective, I haven't heard Manning gribe in the least as well.  And I don't envision him leaving the Colts.  Heck, he's on a constant contending team, and and long as he remains there, they'll be a SB contender annually.  This whole topic is much ado about nothing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Dogg Brady complained publicly???  Really??? I heard Manning is on his way back to MD to play for the "Baltimore Oreo's". LOL
    Posted by pezz4pats

That's what dog does: If he doesn't have facts to support his argument, he just makes them up. Welcome to Dog World. Where sanity, logic and reason have no place.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? : That's what dog does: If he doesn't have facts to support his argument, he just makes them up. Welcome to Dog World. Where sanity, logic and reason have no place.
    Posted by df2

I see!  UD6

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

long as he remains there, they'll be a SB contender annually

Could be a winner somewhere else.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Manning did this for his team? That is as lunatic as saying he wants to leave because they sat players last season. Manning wants more money:   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bc957a/article/irsay-colts-wanted-to-complete-manning-negotiations-over-bye#recommend But I suppose that is "biased reporting" or something else. If he didn't want to be a distraction he would have accepted to offer on Nov 1st and moved on with it.  www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a8d12878e-afee-405a-89ec-465451a38177&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:8d12878e-afee-405a-89ec-465451a38177Post:27aede5a-e441-453b-b557-9075056935e7 " />
    Posted by zbellino

My you've gotten snarky over time.  If you'll read, its really just my opinion.  Guess maybe you thought you and your bedfellow tp were the only ones allowed that.  Go figure.  Anyway, the only ones making this news right now are those on this site.  Not much of a peep out of the nationals, because Manning and his agent have nothing to say. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? : Yahoo's resident know-nothing, Michael Silver, manufactured a non-story about some supposed "disconnect" between Brady and Kraft (unsourced, naturally) that never actually amounted to anything, had no legs at all, and the slavering wannabes who live in perpetual jealousy of New England ate it up with a spoon.
    Posted by p-mike

Of course, it is more than likely that Brady or his handlers (at his suggestion) gave Silver the story on (forgive me) his platter.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? : Of course, it is more than likely that Brady or his handlers (at his suggestion) gave Silver the story on (forgive me) his platter.  
    Posted by UD6

Doggg:  you're really stretching on this one.  I asked you some questions while responding to another one of your rediculous posts, and you've not answered.  So, I'll ask again.  Can you provide, via any media source, something from Brady's mouth that said he was complaining about his contract situation.  If not, your statements are circumstantial, and that's being kind.  You're mirroring the state of the 4th estate presently - can't use facts, make something up and hope it sticks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Note how the media is dead quiet on this but attacked the Krafts and harrassed Brady all summer long. This, on the heels of them playing into the Mankins temper tantrum making Kraft seem like the devil. Anyone who doesn't believe the media uses an anti-NE angle to make money is daft.
    Posted by BBReigns

Of course if team Bundeschen delivered the story to Mr. Silver then really it isn't the media attacking the pats and Kraft, but Brady using its power to do the work for him. 

Granted, Rusty, I know you'd never think anything dirty happens within the patriot family, but outside of that bubble you live in people can see the possibility.

Sections
Shortcuts