Peyton Manning Leaving Colts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts?

His best route back to the Super Bowl is Warm weather , NFC......say Arizona?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? : Of course if team Bundeschen delivered the story to Mr. Silver then really it isn't the media attacking the pats and Kraft, but Brady using its power to do the work for him.  Granted, Rusty, I know you'd never think anything dirty happens within the patriot family, but outside of that bubble you live in people can see the possibility.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Blah, blah.  Blah, blah Patriots bad.  Blah, blah, blah, no proof, but Pats are evil.  Blah, blah, human rights violations in China - yup, Kraft's fault.  Blah, blah, blah, blah, world hunger, wars, sickness, shrinking ozone - yup, Kraft and his Pats did it.  Blah, blah, blah, blah - when proof is absent, make something up and believe it will all of your might.  Blah, blah, Underdoggturd with a life - nah.  Blah, blah, blah.  Yes, UD6, there is a Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, and your personal favorite, the Tooth Fairy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? : Of course, it is more than likely that Brady or his handlers (at his suggestion) gave Silver the story on (forgive me) his platter.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

That isn't an opinion. That is inventing something and then moving forward as if it's a fact. 

Between one word "disconnect" and a motive "more money" you have invented a story about Tom leaking a story to a reporter. That is fiction. 

Between one word "offseason" these asked questions (some silly) about what the possible motive would be.

It is more likely that Silver went around calling anyone he could find to tell him anything so he would have a column to write, and then he ran with a line from a tertiary source that would sell a column.

Just like Manning is refusing to sign a deal because he most likely wants more leverage. It is standard operating procedure, and he is entitled to it. 

And Manning's contract doesn't really matter much to me, outside of the fascination at seeing a QB of his stature go to free agency, which would be a first. 

Reading discontent in Manning is silly. He just wants to maximize his deal the same way every athlete does. 99.9~% chance he is still with the Colts and 99.9~% chance that he nets a few extra dollars over what he could have gotten in the fall. 

What you have done is even sillier, essentially inventing a fictional scenario on top of a report that involves back room dealings and subterfuge and then some crazy motive. 

Seriously, stop and listen to what you are saying. It's absolutely ridiculous.

If TP came out and said what you are saying "Team Oreo leaked information to a reporter to drum up a negotiation position," or started calling news outlets you would laugh at him. 

When I start inventing stories about what Manning and his agents are doing, as opposed to speculating about motive, you can feel free to be "snarky" with me. 

Until then, which won't happen, I have an opinion that is based on that facts at hand. You have an opinion based on an invented scenario that no one in the world (no one) but you has even thought of. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

"but outside of that bubble you live in people can see the possibility."

Who, for instance, other than you thinks Brady 'leaked' a story?

Proof please. Even an article stub from a reputable outlet to suggest it.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

RESPONSE: Getting indigestion, Dog(gggg)??  
    So Florio didn't make the call, huh?  Didn't think so.  Keep it up TP, maybe that phone will ring. 

RESPONSE: Rubbish...LOL!!! The "selfish" Brady could have pulled the same stunt that "team first" Peyton is pulling, now. Why didn't he? Surely, Tom would have commanded much more money, not to mention off-field opportunities, in Dallas, New York, and San Francisco.  
    Stunt?  Funny that you call this a stunt.  What media issue has Manning caused over his contract?  None.  The same can't be said for Brady.  Keep spinning TP.  Brady used the media to force the pats hand and got what he wanted.  You are speculating about Manning because you have no facts other than he has no new contract.  Admit it, you are grasping at straws.  How about this TP.  Lets bet - you that Manning will notsign a new deal with the colts and me betting he will.  Whomever loses is off this board for a year.  Take the bet TP. 

RESPONSE: You're missing the point. Peyton vehemently disagreed with Caldwell's, and management's decision to pull the plug of the perfect season. Peyton discovered that he was being treated as "an employee" of the organization...and had little or no say in that decision. Hasn't he earned a more prominent role in the Indy organization? 
    Vehemently?  Very strong TP.  Yes, he and the players disagreed.  But they followed just as you would expect Tommy and his mates to do for Belichick.  As for Manning's role, I think it is as strong as any player's in any organization.  Woudn't you agree? 

RESPONSE: Jealous?? Of what...LOL!!! No...it's not the same issue. Brady knows that he has some pull within the organization. But, he also understands and accepts that BB runs this team. He respects BB. Can the same be said for Peyton, with regards to Polian and Caldwell...after that foolish, cowardly decision to forego a shot at a perfect season?  
    Jealous, that Manning is not causing the stir over a contract that Tommy did.  What other reason would you have for bringing this up.  

RESPONSE: Desperation...LOL!!! 
    Desperation?  I am not the one starting threads about Manning leaving Indy.  Who's desperate? 

RESPONSE: We've crossed this bridge before. Many of the Colts key players are 30 years old, or older...Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Dwight Freeney, Gary Brackett, and Robert Mathis (turns 30 in February of 2011).
    As are many pats and many other teams.  Doesn't it appear that the colts have solidified the postions of many of their aging players with the exception of possibly Saturday? 

RESPONSE: Where did Manning's alleged "clout" get him, when he protested over the decision toi forego the perfect season? 
    Having clout isn't the same as having full control TP, but don't let that reality get in the way of a good attempt to sling mud. 

RESPONSE: What about Dallas, New York, or Miami? Are you really trying to argue that he can make as much money staying in Indy, then if he went to those places? Besides, Peyton likely sees that the window of opportunity is closing in Indy, regarding winning another championship. As mentioned above, the key players on the Indy roster are 30 or older.  
    With Jerry Jones as his GM?  Why?  And why play twice against Eli every year?  In New York where the media would end up pitting the brothers against one another?  I think not.  Miami - why?  What's there?  As for endorsements, I think Manning makes as much as he wants to.  Do you not think there aren't other opportunities available to him on a national scale?  Key old players are no different than other teams.  By the way, Mathis is 29. 

RESPONSE: That's more of a reason why Indy must do everything possible to keep him...rather than a reason for him to stay. Don't you think that any new team that pays zillions to get him would transform their offensive system to something that best suits his talents?
    You don't think Indy has done enough to keep him?  I think a new team transforming their system would require the entire offense to change.  There is no guarantee for success given the personnel.

RESPONSE: If that's true, than why is Manning risking a serious injury, that could gum up the works? Jim Irsay has already indicated that he's willing to give Peyton a blank check...so...why hasn't he inked his extension?
         Cat got your tongue, Dog(gggg)???? LOL!!!   

Why manning hasn't inked his extension is a good question?  Let's ask him.  Oh he already answered.  He doesn't want to worry about it during the season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Jealous, that Manning is not causing the stir over a contract that Tommy did.  What other reason would you have for bringing this up.  

Again, not a fact. You are inventing that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE] In the end I believe it is about money...Peyton and his agent are garanteed 23 million if he's franchised this year and 27M the following...that's 50M garanteed over the next two seasons. I doubt he's going anywhere, but he and his agent have a ton of leverage...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Precisely. Why does speculation lead to the idea that Manning wants to leave. A looming double franchise tag is incentive enough to hold off on a deal. He can cash in big time, basing his contract off the enormous franchise tag number instead of the relatively modest "averages" that he would get using the full contracts that Sam Bradford and Tom Brady signed this offseason. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Okay, let's all play the dogggg game.  Doggg acted with Oswald.  Doggg was in Ted Kennedy's car.  Doggg is Kiser Sousa.  Doggg is responsible for the mortgage crises.  Doggg and Knightsailor are life partners.  Do I have proof?  Heck no, but who needs it.  As long as I can imagine it, foam at the keyboard and type in on a Pats forum - it must be true right?  Yes, gang, that's how we play the Doggg game.  Make stuff up, believe with all of our hearts, type it on a fan site, and swear it's true.  Poor, pitiful doggg - someone should put him out of his misery.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? : Apparently so, but  he doesn't have to dog (pun intended) and make up stuff about Brady.

RESPONSE: gr82: That's the way of "The Dog(gggg)". If he can't refute your points, he'll attempt to misdirect, misquote, and even lie to re-shape the discussion. Whether Peyton leaves has nothing to do with whatever Tom Brady said or didn't say...because Brady signed. But, though Peyton has been offered a blank check by Jim Irsay, he hasn't. Why?   

I don't read alot of the Indy press coverage, but from a national perspective, I haven't heard Manning gribe in the least as well.  And I don't envision him leaving the Colts.  Heck, he's on a constant contending team, and and long as he remains there, they'll be a SB contender annually.  This whole topic is much ado about nothing.

RESPONSE: I disagree. If Peyton has no intentions of leaving, and has been offered a blank check to extend his contract, then why hasn't he signed? I maintain that Peyton has either (a) not been offered a blank check, as Irsay has claimed; (b) that Peyton is disillusioned with Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell for their decision to pull him, against his will, from competing for a chance at a perfect season; (c) that Peyton sees that the Colts are aging and in decline...and wants to play with a team with a better chance at a ring; (d) that Peyton wishes to play for a team, or be in a city that provides greater off field opportunities to make money, than in Indianapolis.  
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? : Precisely. Why does speculation lead to the idea that Manning wants to leave. A looming double franchise tag is incentive enough to hold off on a deal. He can cash in big time, basing his contract off the enormous franchise tag number instead of the relatively modest "averages" that he would get using the full contracts that Sam Bradford and Tom Brady signed this offseason. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I strongly disagree. Peyton would make millions more off the field if he were playing in a place like New York or Dallas. Why would he risk a year to year contract? What happens if he gets hurt? He could command huge, guaranteed money now...if he signed an extension with Indy. Why hasn't he?   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]LOL, Manning has had his deal restructure mdany times for the sake of the team. Dream on Cheats. I guess Belicheat's protege cheats like him. Rings are tarnished, achieved through cheating. Outside of Loston, everyone knows this.
    Posted by ColtsMan73[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]LOL, Manning has had his deal restructure mdany times for the sake of the team. Dream on Cheats. I guess Belicheat's protege cheats like him. Rings are tarnished, achieved through cheating. Outside of Loston, everyone knows this.
    Posted by ColtsMan73[/QUOTE]

Well, well, well...if it isn't my good friend, HorseColt18. Thank you for your typical wise and intellectual commentary...LOL!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? :      I strongly disagree. Peyton would make millions more off the field if he were playing in a place like New York or Dallas. Why would he risk a year to year contract? What happens if he gets hurt? He could command huge, guaranteed money now...if he signed an extension with Indy. Why hasn't he?   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I don't mean sign the Franch Tender. But at the end of the season it becomes his bargaining chip. That and getting a deal done before FA. These are facts, we know from experience watching player negotiations:

a.) the closer FA periods loom in bargaining, the more leverage a player has against his team.
    b.) the combined franchise tag value for the two seasons is $25 million per avg. That is a lot higher than what the Colts were looking at this season. He can use that going into the next FA period. 

My only other speculation was that , if I were his agent, keeping his name in the headlines in the offseason kind of "grows" the brand. 

But I would ask. What would you handicap the chances of Manning actually seeing FA, actually leaving the Colts, signing his deal just before FA, or signing the tag and negotiating against that... 

FA - .003
    Another team - 0.01
    Tag/bargain - 0.06
    Signing before - 99.9

That is about how I see it. The Colts simply won't let him leave. They are going to pay him something crazy like $25 million per in the end of this, because they have to. We have seen players in all sort of sports do this over and over again. They say they aren't signing anything, and let it stew until the offer gets sweeter and sweeter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Manning is waiting to sign as he knew there is going to be 18 games coming, as Polian is behind the movement. Why sign for 16 when you can get more for 18. Simple math, that is it.
    Posted by BERNIENH[/QUOTE]

That won't make a difference. The new CBA won't be in place until the new FA period starts at the beginning of the 'football' year. And the NFLPA will never sign away two more games  without an executed guarantee that all contracts will be scaled. They have already said this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? : I don't mean sign the Franch Tender. But at the end of the season it becomes his bargaining chip. That and getting a deal done before FA. These are facts, we know from experience watching player negotiations:   a.) the closer FA periods loom in bargaining, the more leverage a player has against his team. b.) the combined franchise tag value for the two seasons is $25 million per avg. That is a lot higher than what the Colts were looking at this season. He can use that going into the next FA period.  My only other speculation was that , if I were his agent, keeping his name in the headlines in the offseason kind of "grows" the brand.  But I would ask. What would you handicap the chances of Manning actually seeing FA, actually leaving the Colts, signing his deal just before FA, or signing the tag and negotiating against that...  FA - .003 Another team - 0.01 Tag/bargain - 0.06 Signing before - 99.9 That is about how I see it. The Colts simply won't let him leave. They are going to pay him something crazy like $25 million per in the end of this, because they have to. We have seen players in all sort of sports do this over and over again. They say they aren't signing anything, and let it stew until the offer gets sweeter and sweeter.

The Colts can't keep him from leaving. If another team is willing to offer two #1 draft choices, and plants a poison pill in a new contract proposal to Peyton, how can the Colts stop him from leaving?

Why play for $13,5mil. next year, and risk injury, when the Colts are willing to pay Peyton whatever he wants now? 

Here's a look at some of the top QB salaries: 

1.) Sam Bradford signed a 6 year, $78mil. deal...that could increase to 6 years at $86 mil., if he meets incentives. $50mil. of that money is guaranteed:  http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5640268/sam_bradford_gets_record_contract_and.html

2.) Tom Brady signed a four year, $72mil. extension;  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-167168

3.) Matt Ryan signed a 6 year, $72mil. deal; http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3405326 

Peyton Manning's expiring contract, originally signed at $98 mil, over 7 years...pays him $14mil. per season: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3406508

It makes no sense for Manning to play under the franchise tag, when he can get all the guaranteed money he wants...now. Surely his agent, Tom Condon, would counsel against that. There must be some reason why a deal hasn't gotten done. That reason likely is that Peyton is maximizing his bargaining power, and could be considering leaving Indy:
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/10/25/1772707/no-new-contract-for-peyton-manning-this-season

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

Peyton may want to see what is available in the NFL, I say 'good for him'.  Manning is in his 13th season and only has probably five more seasons left.  Any organization run properly with an average to above average QB will not touch him.
    As an example the Jet's most likely will not offer Manning a contract because the Jets have a young Sanchez at QB.  Why would the Jet's need an old Peyton Manning and young Sanchez.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE] Poor, pitiful doggg - someone should put him out of his misery.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

BDC has. Several times. They have banned him multiple times. But he doesn't have the dignity, sanity or pride to stay away from where he is not wanted and doesn't belong.

Arguing with him is pointless. He lives in his own littlle fantasy land. The scary thing is, he's not just trolling for sake of trolling. He actually beleives his own BS.

He is a sad little fellow

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Leaving Colts? : Hey Texas, Peyton Manning doesn't need NY or Dallas to boast his marketability or endorsemant opportunities (It wouldn't hurt if he actually had a personality though, lol). As for his current contract here's what I undstand the dynamics of the negotiations to be. The owner of the Colts has gone on record as saying he'll make Manning the highest paid player in NFL history...what he didn't say though is he'd write him a check for 50M garanteed. along with paying him in excess of 20M per season. Therein lyes the preverbial rubber that hits the road. As you know, NFL contracts aren't worth the paper thier written on...If Manning does nothing but simply by signthe franchise tender, he's garanteed 50M in the next two seasons...Trust me Indy won't let him walk away and will be forced to franchise him short of coming to a mutual agreement. Bottom line is Manning has the all of the leverage, he's not gettin any younger, and the length of the deal is far less important that the garanteed moneys...Anything short of 50M and there's no reason for him to sign!
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree. Peyton likely will demand a 5 year, $100mil. extension, in which at least half of that money is guaranteed. If the Colts balk at that, he's likely gone...as Jerry Jones, the Jets, or the Minnesota Vikings, would likely be more than happy to step up.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tex,

I'm not saying he will sign the tag.

It makes no sense for Manning to do anything but resign after the season as over. This is only a game he is playing to increase his value to the Colts. This is standard operating procedure. Baseball players do this all the time. They refuse to sign a deal before the season ends, and then they sign a monster deal right before FA starts, because the shorter it is before an open market for his services, the more likely it is that the Colts will give him everything he wants. 

The upshot here, is that Manning didn't like the offer he got on November 1st, nor did he like the offers  he got over the summer. He wants more. And he will get more.

He isn't signing the franchise tag, he isn't going to FA, and he certainly isn't playing anywhere but Indianapolis next season. 

If he does sign with another team (or even go to FA) I will personally buy you a case of Shiners.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, I'm not saying he will sign the tag. It makes no sense for Manning to do anything but resign after the season as over. This is only a game he is playing to increase his value to the Colts . This is standard operating procedure. Baseball players do this all the time. They refuse to sign a deal before the season ends, and then they sign a monster deal right before FA starts, because the shorter it is before an open market for his services, the more likely it is that the Colts will give him everything he wants.   The upshot here, is that Manning didn't like the offer he got on November 1st, nor did he like the offers  he got over the summer. He wants more. And he will get more. He isn't signing the franchise tag, he isn't going to FA, and he certainly isn't playing anywhere but Indianapolis next season.  If he does sign with another team (or even go to FA) I will personally buy you a case of Shiners.

I'll take you up on that case of Shiners...LOL!!! It remains to be seen what Peyton does...but it always fun to stir up the Indy trolls...LOL!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

One thing - Peyton won't go to just any team. He needs to go to a team with a line and some wide receivers. He wants those stats TODAY and not down the road.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I think he should announce his decision on national television

Maybe he could sign in Miami

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Peyton may want to see what is available in the NFL, I say 'good for him'.  Manning is in his 13th season and only has probably five more seasons left.  Any organization run properly with an average to above average QB will not touch him. As an example the Jet's most likely will not offer Manning a contract because the Jets have a young Sanchez at QB.  Why would the Jet's need an old Peyton Manning and young Sanchez.
    Posted by Phoenix125[/QUOTE]

If the Jets don't win a SB...and, in particular, can't beat out the Pats this year in the AFC East, don't be surprised if they make a play for Peyton...and trade Sanchez. The Jets are desperate for a championship.