Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors

there are some rumors going around that peyton manning is going to announce his retirement, of course the source of the rumor right now is rob lowe so i dont know how much stock you can put in the rumors

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors

Could have posted this in the Enquirer...  don't care for rumors, really!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I read the report and Rob Lowe is pals with Jim Irsay...........as a football fan I hope not but its the reailty of the game......www.profootballtalk.com is where I read the report

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors:
    Could have posted this in the Enquirer...  don't care for rumors, really!
    Posted by agcsbill

And you can stop acting like an A$$.......This is being reported on by many different outlets

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors : And you can stop acting like an A$$.......This is being reported on by many different outlets
    Posted by Hannahman

haha thanks, its not like we cant discuss it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

I don't care if he continues to stink up the NFL on whatever team he joins, but I sure hope he stops stinking up my TV with those endless commercials. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

newsflash...i just saw Peyton Manning walking my neighbors dog down the street...he said he's done! :)  What, you don't believe me?

I don't like having to face a P. Manning led team...but he's a great football player and would hate to see him have to hang it up before he's truly done.  Wishing him the best in his recovery.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Some of Lowe's family is from Indiana, and if I understand correctly still live here.  Some acquaintences from my youth said they had partied with Lowe many years ago on one of the lakes in Northern Indiana, that he was frequently there because family had a cottage there.

Can't confirm the truth to any of this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I just don't see how PM can get back on a football field with this kind of injury. He is soon to be 36 years old. It's a shame to see a great player have to retire a bit early, but it is probably the wise thing to do. These guys really take a beating.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I just don't see how PM can get back on a football field with this kind of injury. He is soon to be 36 years old. It's a shame to see a great player have to retire a bit early, but it is probably the wise thing to do. These guys really take a beating.
    Posted by BabeParilli

had this discussion with a coworker of mine. 

Here's my take, and I admit I could be wrong.  As I understood things:

1.  there was nothing structurally wrong with his neck.  He had a herniated disc that was putting pressure on a nerve causing the numbing in his arm. 
    2.  His first 2 surgeries were minimally invasive to try to relieve the pressure being put on the nerve, but they did not work entirely.  Manning's entire 2010 season was played with this condition. 
    3.  The fusion was done to remove the disc causing the nerve issue.  
    4.  There have been conflicting reports, but I have read some that while the fusion would limit some mobility (restate - actually would not limit mobility), if the nerve issue is resolved the actual fusion would make the area in his neck stronger than it was before.  That there would be no greater injury risk than if the surgery was never done. 
    5.  The key is whether or not the surgery eliminated the nerve issue. If not, I could see him retiring.  It apparently affected him significantly.  If the nerve issue is resolved, I'd be surprised to see him retire. 

We shall see.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/09/inside-peyton-mannings-surgery/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors":
    I don't care if he continues to stink up the NFL on whatever team he joins, but I sure hope he stops stinking up my TV with those endless commercials.  Posted by mighty2012
    Better get used to arod doing his double discount dance

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors : And you can stop acting like an A$$.......This is being reported on by many different outlets
    Posted by Hannahman

Rumors v. fact?  Which is it?  Besides, why should we care now what Manning does?  C'mon man!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I don't care if he continues to stink up the NFL on whatever team he joins, but I sure hope he stops stinking up my TV with those endless commercials. 
    Posted by mighty2012

I personally thought many of Peytons commercials were funny. Granted I did not want to see them crammed in my face as often as they were but that's not his fault how often they were shown.

Thought he and Tom were both funny on their SNL nights as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It'd be a severe shame to see him go to be honest. But now is not the time to "rub some dirt on it". He has to ask himself questions such as "life without another superbowl ring or life without working legs". The sad but true fact is that his end is soon if not now no matter what way you slice it....is it worth the risk?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors:
    there are some rumors going around that peyton manning is going to announce his retirement, of course the source of the rumor right now is rob lowe so i dont know how much stock you can put in the rumors
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

You're going give our pal UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)", heart failure, by posting this rumor...LOL!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors :      You're going give our pal UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)", heart failure, by posting this rumor...LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3

lol probably already did, actually other sources (non rob lowe) have reported it now too.. everyone should care if he retires or not you may hate the guy but for a very long time Manning has been the Rommel to brady's Lee

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, Gonna be a sad day

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors : lol probably already did, actually other sources (non rob lowe) have reported it now too.. everyone should care if he retires or not you may hate the guy but for a very long time Manning has been the Rommel to brady's Lee
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

do you have any of the other sources? so far espn has lowes twitter and pro football talk has irsys twitter, which is much more bizarre.
    could just be a spat between the 2 or lowe (the statutory rapist) knows from whence he speaks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors : do you have any of the other sources? so far espn has lowes twitter and pro football talk has irsys twitter, which is much more bizarre. could just be a spat between the 2 or lowe (the statutory rapist) knows from whence he speaks
    Posted by bredbru

i can try to find them when i get home, i saw it somewhere else too i have limited searching at work lol, that being said i found out that lowe and peyton have the same agency as well

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

sure. appreciate it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

rich eisen called lowe to follow up. stickes to it.says a very reliable source

i sure hope peyton does stay and colts spend 28 mil plus this year salary so they wont have a chance to use that money elsewhere

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

This information, plus the change of coach (seemingly a change of direction), seem to indicate, there may be soemthing to this.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors : had this discussion with a coworker of mine.  Here's my take, and I admit I could be wrong.  As I understood things: 1.  there was nothing structurally wrong with his neck.  He had a herniated disc that was putting pressure on a nerve causing the numbing in his arm.  2.  His first 2 surgeries were minimally invasive to try to relieve the pressure being put on the nerve, but they did not work entirely.  Manning's entire 2010 season was played with this condition.  3.  The fusion was done to remove the disc causing the nerve issue.   4.  There have been conflicting reports, but I have read some that while the fusion would limit some mobility (restate - actually would not limit mobility), if the nerve issue is resolved the actual fusion would make the area in his neck stronger than it was before.  That there would be no greater injury risk than if the surgery was never done.  5.  The key is whether or not the surgery eliminated the nerve issue. If not, I could see him retiring.  It apparently affected him significantly.  If the nerve issue is resolved, I'd be surprised to see him retire.  We shall see. http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/09/inside-peyton-mannings-surgery/
    Posted by UD6

A herniated disc is something structurally wrong with your neck.  What are you, stupid?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton Manning Retirement Rumors : A herniated disc is something structurally wrong with your neck.  What are you, stupid?  
    Posted by Davedsone

Hi Dave, 

amongst all of the information provided this is what you chose to focus on.  Tells me that you just prefer to be an as$hole (no surprise there) rather than continuing the conversation.  

Herniated discs are a very common physical ailment today.  A large portion of the general population deal with them every day without surgery.  Manning got his surgery in order to continue to play football.  

The structural comment was that the surgery was performed to release the pressure on the nerve, not to repair an otherwise fragile (structurally unsound) or broken vertabrae.  

Some are suggesting that Manning give up the game because its not worth him breaking his neck or becoming paralyzed.  His neck surgery had nothing to do with structural fragility in any way more than any other football player.  In fact, some have said that the area of the neck where the surgery was done is now stronger than it was before.   

His ability to play effectively, as I understand it, has everything to do with nerve regeneration and not the neck.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Some are suggesting that Manning give up the game because its not worth him breaking his neck or becoming paralyzed. His neck surgery had nothing to do with structural fragility in any way more than any other football player. In fact, some have said that the area of the neck where the surgery was done is now stronger than it was before.

His ability to play effectively, as I understand it, has everything to do with nerve regeneration and not the neck.

That's a very short sided and naive way of looking at the problem.
    The Creator put 7 discs (shock absorbers) in the neck for a reason.
    Although the surgery stabilizes the affected disk and eliminates the bulging that effects the nerve, it also causes the corresponding discs to work harder and makes them more seceptable to injury.
    So, if C-3 is affected, it places more stress on C-2 and C-4 which makes them over worked and will eventually result in the same problem for those.
    The constant impact will accelerate the problem, so avoiding the catalist would be prudent.

Sections
Shortcuts