Peyton Manning scores 1030 on SAT's

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Peyton Manning scores 1030 on SAT's

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

42..you have a serious psych problem.....you must stay up nights unable to sleep with "Rusty" on your mind...he'll read this stuff and get off on owning you so badly...LMAO....why feed him what he wants...you see Rusty everywhere...you were doing this a year ago when I was on these discussions every day...it's one of the reasons I left...grow up...or get help!

no i see rusty in YOU  :  )

and any other of his various aliases

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I can pretty much count on most complaining about SAT scores didn't do well at all...and no, SAT scores are not THE determinate of future success, but like most generalized tests, yes, they are largely predictive of intelligence and likely success...that's why they exist...but of course, there are exceptions to every rule...

42..there you go again...you have Rusty man-love, like many here have Welker man-love....what did you two have some kind of cyber lovers quarrel?

And while Peyton may be a wealthy man, if you've never heard him speak, it's NO SURPRISE he only scored a 1000...none at all...LMFAO...that's why they call him "GOMER"...BTW UD6, shouldn't you be on the Bronco's discussion page?....or was that Colt's...or do you have a Peyton man-love complex?...

btw rusty i got a 1070 out of 1600 -this is another rustyism-judging someone exclusively by their education as a measure of their worth as a person (the others being their job and economic status)

so since that 1070 is the measure of my intelligence rusty thesuperior libertarian and based on your statement above i hilighted i would love to take u on in a debate on any subject u like-sports, music, politics, economics, religion, literature...u pick it

what say you rusty? put ur education and judgements to the test?

i bet not

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I can pretty much count on most complaining about SAT scores didn't do well at all...and no, SAT scores are not THE determinate of future success, but like most generalized tests, yes, they are largely predictive of intelligence and likely success...that's why they exist...but of course, there are exceptions to every rule...

42..there you go again...you have Rusty man-love, like many here have Welker man-love....what did you two have some kind of cyber lovers quarrel?

And while Peyton may be a wealthy man, if you've never heard him speak, it's NO SURPRISE he only scored a 1000...none at all...LMFAO...that's why they call him "GOMER"...BTW UD6, shouldn't you be on the Bronco's discussion page?....or was that Colt's...or do you have a Peyton man-love complex?...

No, the SATs are NOT "largely predictive of intelligence and likely success". They were set up initially to test what was typically being taught in mainly suburban middle and upper class (read: white) high schools back in the 1960s. My high school way back in the 70s offered a class called Vocabulary 101 which was specifically designed to help improve the verbal protion of the SAT scores. Had I taken that class, maybe I would have done better on the SAT, but I highly doubt it would have made me 'more intelligent'. They don't take into account a persons individual circumstances at that point in their life (I agree with the poster who said he was more interested in the girls in my classes at that age than I was in the class material), what problems they may have at home etc. Some kids can memorize facts, figures and words to pass a test with flying colors, but ask them to do a task that requires thought and analysis, and they are lost. I have several family members who have and still do teach at the high school level. Their main complaints are that they are required to spend much of their time 'teaching to the tests' i.e. either the MCAS exams or the SATs, rather than delving into the math and science areas that woulod truely get kids interested in these subjects (and this is only going to get worse, google 'common core'). When I came out of my '3rd rate' college, I applied for a job as a computer programmer and had to take an aptitude test for that. Although I had no experience with computers (my college only offered Cobol), and was up against people who had been working with computers for years or had been with that company for years (about 70 people took the test), I outscored all of them and was offered the job. I probably could have taken that test in high school and done very well and it would have been "largely predictive of intelligence and likely success"...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Some of the things that some of you guys choose as subjects of ridicule are head scratchers.  SAT's?  really?  I am also always amused by those that choose to make fun of Manning's looks.  Are you really that Metro?  Anyway - silly stuff. 

Hey Alfred - there's a pretty ugly guy who dropped out of college (what a dummy) and went on to become the richest guy in the country.  Lets make fun of him now. 

Yet you decided to troll your two cents anyway?  Hmmm, like the sound of your own voice much?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

we all know manning isnt a genius off the field, but he is on the field, and thats all that really matters. he also has that dumb charm of his that helps him rack in the endorsements.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Look..congratulations to all those who rose above their poor educations, their ADD, their problems at home that kept them from studying, their lack of nuturing at home, and their talents in other areas....but, in fact, the SAT's DO measure likely ability to succeed at a university and beyond...that's what most standarized tests like these do..that's why they exist...I'm glad for you that you rose above your circumstances and did well..the world is full of those in your shoes....it's also far more replete with those who have suceeded well AND did well on things like SATs, LSAT's, MCAT's etc...look, ,I salute you if you went to not great schools and rose above...but typically, that's not the case...so feel good about yourself and your good fortune....and as far as 42 goes...man, you are one sick dude...I bet you have nightmares with the Burger King King trying to bu*ger you while you sleep...seek help...

translation: u don't want to challenge me and my 1070 SAT score

oh well if only i did better! i would have a real job, income, degree, woman...alas!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Look..congratulations to all those who rose above their poor educations, their ADD, their problems at home that kept them from studying, their lack of nuturing at home, and their talents in other areas....but, in fact, the SAT's DO measure likely ability to succeed at a university and beyond...that's what most standarized tests like these do..that's why they exist...I'm glad for you that you rose above your circumstances and did well..the world is full of those in your shoes....it's also far more replete with those who have suceeded well AND did well on things like SATs, LSAT's, MCAT's etc...look, ,I salute you if you went to not great schools and rose above...but typically, that's not the case...so feel good about yourself and your good fortune....and as far as 42 goes...man, you are one sick dude...I bet you have nightmares with the Burger King King trying to bu*ger you while you sleep...seek help...

Yeah, Gunty has no friends and no life, so his source of socialization comes from here.  It's just mindboggling that some here align with him, to give him that leverage he thinks he maintains.

As for the SATs, they are also a little overrated in the sense that most 16 year olds aren't fully developed yet. Heck, I was the youngest kid in my grade, so I was 15 and half when I took mine.

I should have graduated a year later than I did, but what's the point of wasting a year? Makes sense.  But, to expect a 16 year old kid to nail one test at 7 AM on a Saturday morning is also a little overrated.

Anyway, I look at SATs like the combine. It's one day, it's one test, but you can see who the level that each student is at, too.  We all knew who the REALLy smart kids were, who the intelligent but flawed kids were and who the dumb ones were.

So, a good thing to look at, but also overrated.

SAT=Stupid A** Test

and 16 year olds aren't "fully developed"? hell a whole lot of the human race isn't

you sure as hell ain't

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

Some of the things that some of you guys choose as subjects of ridicule are head scratchers.  SAT's?  really?  I am also always amused by those that choose to make fun of Manning's looks.  Are you really that Metro?  Anyway - silly stuff. 

Hey Alfred - there's a pretty ugly guy who dropped out of college (what a dummy) and went on to become the richest guy in the country.  Lets make fun of him now. 

Yet you decided to troll your two cents anyway?  Hmmm, like the sound of your own voice much?

no more than you like yours.  I guess you think opinions are your domain but not mine.  How entitled you must think you are. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I know plenty of really smat people who didn't do isht with their lives.  Should we applaud their intelligence and lack of will?  Feeble idea for a thread.  You must have scored under 900 on your SAT - at least by your standards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The wicked smaht kids who got 1600s and were always told they were America's hope for the future and were given scholarships to the top universities are the ones running up a 17 trillion dollar debt for our fine country and don't see anything wrong with this...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

The wicked smaht kids who got 1600s and were always told they were America's hope for the future and were given scholarships to the top universities are the ones running up a 17 trillion dollar debt for our fine country and don't see anything wrong with this...

Now you're being just as unfair as those who said you'd never amount to anything due to your poor SAT scores.

Double-standards are fun things, huh?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I knew when I posted this thread that lost in the woods UD6 would respond...the truth is out, it was for you to exorcise your Peyton lost "man-love" thingy...I know how those in southern Indiana score on the SAT's, unfortuantely it's predictable because they all think it's the mid-western way of spelling C-A-T....meowwwwww...give your new QB a chance...Peyton will never win anything ever again...can't wait for the cold weather to return to Denver...poor widdle rag arm Peyton...(that should get him going)..BWAHAHAHAHA...

Poor Freddy, you've been owned on this thread, but, god love ya, you keep trying.  Stop insulting yourself Freddy.  You'll need to stop typing for that to happen.  Happy Easter. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts