Peyton Pontifications Have Already Begun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Peyton Pontifications Have Already Begun

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Seemingly every other word coming from the football talking heads on the NFL Network are Peyton praises, such as, "Wow, can you imagine how good Peyton Manning will be this year, now that he's gotten a full season in Denver under his belt, and with the addition of Wes Welker??"

Isn't it also interesting that the Broncos drew the easiest schedule in the league, despite finishing with the best record in the AFC last year (13-3)? Is good ol' Jolly Roger Goodell propping up his choice for league poster boy, yet again?

With the hated Horseface the focal point of all football talk, it's getting increasingly difficult for Patriots' fans to watch ESPN, or the NFL Network.      

There are many talking heads and plenty who have things to say well beyond Peyton Manning, but my question to you if you agree or disagree with them. 

I happen to agree with them.  1) a full year in the system.  2) a full year with new receivers 3) the addition of welker.  4) a full year away from surgery and the knowledge and confidence to know that physically he can handle the sport 5) and maybe most important - another full year beyond the surgery to release pressure on the nerve causing pain and weakness in his throwing arm. 

Nerves regenerate, but on their own time, and that time frame is different for different people.  Its only natural to assume Manning will be physcally better next year than he was last year. 

As for the schedule - they are determined years in advance with a some exceptions but are always formulaic.  I thought you were a football savant and knew this (you sure talk like one).  What's been known in advance are the divisions (AFC and NFC) that they would play. What was left up to the teams is where they finished in their division the prior year.  The broncos contol their own destiny but no one elses.  They will play a first place schedule.  For you to attempt to portray the schedule as some kind of NFL conspiracy is certainly not beyond you (in fact it is apropos), but it is beneath anyone with an NFL brain unless they have an axe to grind.  We all know the latter applies to you.

Its unfortunate but you've clearly lost your mojo over the past couple of years.  Other than your weekly grades (and not always in that case), you are nothing more than an atagonist.  A wannabe columnist without a legitimate venue or a paycheck.

But can he win outside in the cold??? Or make the big play in inclement weather???

Historically he does these things in the playoffs at a very low %. Does he not???

Perhaps I should answer these questions myself... I am being told I am UD6

JRI - here are the espn splits.  Obviously these aren't the end all to your questions, but he appears to have a higher completion % both outdoors and when the temp is <40 degrees. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/1428/peyton-manning

One of the things that is really interesting on this board given the pats failures over the last 8 years is how posters feel about Brady.  There's still alot of defense of him although his play in those games has been suspect at best.  A large number of regular posters and possibly a majority of those defend Brady while criticizing the defense.  I maintain that the defenses Brady had when the pats won their championships were far far superior to the ones manning had and I believe they demonstrated that in those playoffs.  Last year, Manning's offense scored 3 TD's in 5 degree outdoor weather while Brady's only scored 13 in better weather.  Remember, Manning was in his 1st year post 4 surgeries that affected his throwing arm. 

Ultimately, however, is whether or not one believes Manning will be better next year than last.  I think he will.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The way they are pumping the Broncos you'ld swear that LeBrat James was playing for them. The real bad part for Patriots fans is the last time they started all the PM talk we was robbed in the 4rth quarter by a imaginary PI...Can't wait to see which totally garbage call they come up with this time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

The league wanted manning to win so badly last year that they are imagining that he really did by having the Broncos host the NFL season opener like every Super Bowl champion does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

My opinion: Welker is good.  Broncos are good.  Peyton is great.

My prediction: Welker will not lead the league in receiving this year.  Denver will not go to the SB.

Manning may win another MVP.  But that's an award not an achievement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Manning did his part last year in the playoffs. I think manning is a great qb and good for the game. Greatest ever ?  Not so much but in the top few ill have to say. He needs a championship against someone that's not Rex grossman.  The NFL media knows that manning will go, Brady will go.  Their going to milk that cash cow for all it's worth. That made the luck pick worth getting no matter what. They get many more gallons of milk from luck.  It's been a while since I had to workin Indy, I wonder if there are luck billboards like there were gomer billboards. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Seemingly every other word coming from the football talking heads on the NFL Network are Peyton praises, such as, "Wow, can you imagine how good Peyton Manning will be this year, now that he's gotten a full season in Denver under his belt, and with the addition of Wes Welker??"

Isn't it also interesting that the Broncos drew the easiest schedule in the league, despite finishing with the best record in the AFC last year (13-3)? Is good ol' Jolly Roger Goodell propping up his choice for league poster boy, yet again?

With the hated Horseface the focal point of all football talk, it's getting increasingly difficult for Patriots' fans to watch ESPN, or the NFL Network.      

There are many talking heads and plenty who have things to say well beyond Peyton Manning, but my question to you if you agree or disagree with them. 

I happen to agree with them.  1) a full year in the system.  2) a full year with new receivers 3) the addition of welker.  4) a full year away from surgery and the knowledge and confidence to know that physically he can handle the sport 5) and maybe most important - another full year beyond the surgery to release pressure on the nerve causing pain and weakness in his throwing arm. 

Nerves regenerate, but on their own time, and that time frame is different for different people.  Its only natural to assume Manning will be physcally better next year than he was last year. 

As for the schedule - they are determined years in advance with a some exceptions but are always formulaic.  I thought you were a football savant and knew this (you sure talk like one).  What's been known in advance are the divisions (AFC and NFC) that they would play. What was left up to the teams is where they finished in their division the prior year.  The broncos contol their own destiny but no one elses.  They will play a first place schedule.  For you to attempt to portray the schedule as some kind of NFL conspiracy is certainly not beyond you (in fact it is apropos), but it is beneath anyone with an NFL brain unless they have an axe to grind.  We all know the latter applies to you.

Its unfortunate but you've clearly lost your mojo over the past couple of years.  Other than your weekly grades (and not always in that case), you are nothing more than an atagonist.  A wannabe columnist without a legitimate venue or a paycheck.

But can he win outside in the cold??? Or make the big play in inclement weather???

Historically he does these things in the playoffs at a very low %. Does he not???

Perhaps I should answer these questions myself... I am being told I am UD6

JRI - here are the espn splits.  Obviously these aren't the end all to your questions, but he appears to have a higher completion % both outdoors and when the temp is <40 degrees. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/1428/peyton-manning

One of the things that is really interesting on this board given the pats failures over the last 8 years is how posters feel about Brady.  There's still alot of defense of him although his play in those games has been suspect at best.  A large number of regular posters and possibly a majority of those defend Brady while criticizing the defense.  I maintain that the defenses Brady had when the pats won their championships were far far superior to the ones manning had and I believe they demonstrated that in those playoffs.  Last year, Manning's offense scored 3 TD's in 5 degree outdoor weather while Brady's only scored 13 in better weather.  Remember, Manning was in his 1st year post 4 surgeries that affected his throwing arm. 

Ultimately, however, is whether or not one believes Manning will be better next year than last.  I think he will.

I don't consider 40 degrees to be inclement weather. How about under 25 degrees with precipitation and wind. Or just in big spots outdoors with the game on the line.

I can only go by what my eyes tell me. In big games outdoors in inclement weather he doesn't play well.

1/4/2003 @ NYJ had a whopping 45% comp % (33 degrees windchill 23) - JRI - take a look at some of the stats and play by play in this game.  Manning was down 17-0 nearly immediately.  He had two series in that time frame and one of them he put the team in FG position, but the kicker missed.  The Jets ran for 180 yds

1/18/2004 @ NE 4 picks (31 degrees wind chill 24) I give credit to Belichick.  Early in Manning's career he had his number.  He also took advantage of officials who were unwilling call PI or defensive holding on Pats DB's.  That certainly affected the colts in this game. 

1/16/2005 @ NE put up 3 points (27 degrees wind chill 17) The pats ran for 210 yds on the colts D while the colts could only muster 46 yds.  The colts also lost 2 fumbles.  Brady didn't have a spectacular game.  He was a game manager while the team rushed for big yards.  Remember, the pats had a great defense these years.  Given some of Brady's difficulties with great defenses, how do you think he would have fared against his pats defense? 

1/13/2007 @ Balt 50% comp % 2 picks 0 tds won the game but he didn't play well. ( It was actually nice 53 degrees) Interesting, Brady's had some games that were not great but the team still won.  He still gets credit for those.  Did you know that he didn't finish a playoff game.  Bledsoe came in threw a TD and was more responsible for the team win than Brady, but Brady got credit because he started.  The point - its easy to judge by some stats, but a deeper dive and probably even watching the game itself may tell a different story. 

1/12/2013 throws a pick across his body back aross field in OT to ice the game for Balt. (13 degrees wind chill 8) Obviously, he's not immune to mistakes.  But his offense scored more points vs. the Ravens than Brady's offense did. 

All those games outside in cold weather. I am sure he's had good games as well. 

Record outdoors in the playoffs 3-6. take a look at the games.  He may be responsible for some, but there may be others responsible as well. 

Sorry my eyeballs and the records/facts say he doesn't play well outdoors in the cold weather in the playoffs.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

You seem to forget that the Pats had the easiest schedule at season's beginning last year. This is after playing in the SB the previous year. The Giants had the toughest. Doesn't make much sense.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts