Peyton the poor sport.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

Peyton the poor sport.

Peyton Manning(notes) didn't shake hands with New Orleans Saints players after his Indianapolis Colts lost 31-17 in Super Bowl XLIV. Apparently some think this is a sign of poor sportsmanship from the NFL's greatest player. It's not.

The loser stormed off the field without shaking hands with one of the classiest quarterbacks in the league. Maybe he should do a commercial on sportsmanship hahahahahahah.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icka31. Show icka31's posts

Re: Peyton the poor sport.

Well, that's just because everyone is so used to see Bill Belichick so gracious in defeat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

If it was a Patriot player.. or worse BB it would be seen as the worst possible behavior that a humanbeing can have..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

BB doesn't go paste himself all over television to try and promote himself as the best of all time. Hell he even loss to Justin Timberlake in ping pong and threw his racket at him what a loser.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

icka31 aren't you a New York sports fan? You know the city with over a half dozen pro sports teams but only a couple of championships in the last ten years? I'll take 10 grumpy BBs over your pregnant with quadruplets Jets coach or your 1 and fade into obscurity Giants.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

I absolutely despise people that go after Brady on this matter and I won't change just because it's Manning.  Find another way to nitpick dude, Manning's a classy guy, I'm sure he called Brees and congratulated him.  Just got caught up in the heat of the moment, I don't blame him at all.

Hey dude i'm not your dude and i'm not nitpicking. I think it's classless no matter who you are in any sport to walk off the field like a little baby. What does that show the kids out there?Maybe you think it's right but these idiots out there that do that are spoiled rotten brats. Look at the end of a hockey playoff game sometime where you have real men that beat the crap out of each other the whole game and after all is said and done they shake hands and congratulate each other. So don't tell me I'M nitpicking you nitwit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Keep in mind that the Peyton Manning persona which you see in commercials is a creation of the media. The real Peyton Manning is an admitted sexual harrasser who with the University of Tennessee paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in hush money to the victim. Feel free to check the truth of my statement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

I thought you would see it that way pocahantas.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

I not getting defensive i just think what you said is 100% wrong. Why can't players who make a crap load of money and fame be able to show the kids out there what sportsmanship is or is everything all about themselves?????????????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

How many discussions are we gong to have on this subject?

Manning has explained that he left the field as he didn't want to get in the way of the Saints celebrations, and that he would call him as soon as he had the chance?

Hardly something to try and score points over IMO. As it is, making poor decisions when under pressure and watching your team get outplayed for the last 3 quarters of the game should provide enough fodder to put down the NFL's golden boy..?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i am a huge patriots fan but for people to call out Manning on this is absolutly ridiculous... its makes us (Patriots fans) look like bitter children

our team wasnt good enough this year.... and I am sure we will bounce back as well

but Manning can do no right apparently... people hate him because he is good. Not a good enough reason in my eyes

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

Look how Farve congratulated Brees after the game. You will not change anyone's mind on this because the fact of the matter is you either have sportsmanship or you don't. Manning does not. I do not hate Manning. I just dislike the morons out there that think because he plays all his games in perfect conditions does endless tv commercials makes millions of dollars and has a superbowl ring on that automatically makes him the best quarterback of all time and therefore he does not need to shake anyone's hand after the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

Tell you what go ahead then and explain to all of us how not shaking and congratulating someone after a game is good sportsmanship? I don't care who it is it's wrong, be a man and say nice game see you next year is that so hard to do?????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Manning has explained that he left the field as he didn't want to get in the way of the Saints celebrations, and that he would call him as soon as he had the chance?

This is BS. He left because he was a poor sport. Did Grossman shake his hand when he won? Does it not happen after games? His "explanation" is what we call an excuse for doing the wrong thing. Don't buy into it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icka31. Show icka31's posts

Evil2010 -
    I'm slightly alarmed that you have been following me. It's cool though. I should explain my allegiances:
    - Born in Indiana
    - Raised in southwestern Connecticut.

Makes me a rare Colts/Yankees fan. I also hate Rex Ryan.

My favorite pro athelete's growing up were Jim Harbaugh and Kevin Maas so I got on before the bandwagon started going. To also help my street cred, I am a Pacers fan.

Back to the topic, you have to assume that once the game ends, the field is a madhouse. Between the media, the stage setup, and the guys handing out t-shirts, I assume it is nearly impossible to get to anyone and the fact that you just lost may not make you the most pleasant person at that moment. I'm sure it has happened on more than one occasion during the Superbowl era where the losing QB wanted to get off the field as fast as possible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

eh, this is classic beating someone when their down to make yourself feel better.  He did also called Brees later that night to congratulate him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

icka I and nobody else cares why you're a troll. One just has to click on your name and do 2 seconds of reading to figure you out. You're probably too dumb to realize that. Judging from this pathetic little ego trip of yours you're another Leon personae. Must be really sad for you to have to post idiocy like this to feel important. Maybe you should try a non internet interaction with other humans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

COULD YOU IMAGINE IF THIS WERE RANDY MOSS??? HOLY CRAP PEOPLE WOULD BE TALKING ABOUT HOW POOR OF A SPORT HE IS FOR THE NEXT MONTH. OH THE HYPOCRISY.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icka31. Show icka31's posts

Evil,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't even know who Leon is. I try my best to not look like a troll but the game has me a little upset and I can't help but defend my QB. Anyone else would do the same for Brady. I applogize if you were bothered by my first post on this thread. I just think it's a common thing that happens in big games but people only remember the players with the highest profile and attack them for it. I also don't like using insults on message boards to people I don't know. But I guess I can't control you doing that. Oh well, hopefully we can find some common ground.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Anyone calling out Manning in ths post would be ecstatic to have him if Brady retired tomorrow.  If you want to criticize his game or his willingness to do too many commercials, fine.  But do we have to stoop to the level of getting personal and making misleading statments about sexual harrasment?  

This forum is great place, but you guys that take it to a personal level or throw stuff out there with impunity are too much.  You sound like jilted little kids.     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

You are supposed to shake hands after a game win or lose.
     It has been that way since ancient times.

Manning should man-up and admit he was just too upset to shake Brees hand. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

BrooklineRob,

I have to ask you, How can telling the truth be misleading?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

At every game when I was growing up both teams would line up afterward and give five saying "good game, good game, good game."  Some people would say "whatever" or "we won" or something else.  This was clearly a meaningless ritual, nobody cared about the other team, we didn't care what they said, we just did it because the coaches made us do it.  Even if Manning congragulated him, doesn't mean he would have meant it.  I never meant it, anyone truly competitive isn't "proud or happy" the other guy beat them. 

It's possible with all the people on the field that he didn't feel like searching for him for 20 minutes just to say some congragulations comment that neither he nor Brees actually gives a crap about and won't remember by the next day. 

So I would say the rule is: say congrats if you have time and you can see the guy so the media will stay off you're back, but if you don't have time, or he's busy celebrating than send him a text or something later.

Sections
Shortcuts