Peyton the poor sport.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Re: Peyton the poor sport.

In Response to Re: Peyton the poor sport.:
    Keep in mind that the Peyton Manning persona which you see in commercials is a creation of the media. The real Peyton Manning is an admitted sexual harrasser who with the University of Tennessee paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in hush money to the victim. Feel free to check the truth of my statement.
    Posted by flasox

Flasox, the next time you make a mistake and try to move on, I'll be in the Boston Globe forums telling everyone that the "real" you is the guy that made the mistake, and that everything else you've done in life is a sham.  Except no one will care because you're not Peyton Manning.   

The guy apologized and everyone moved on, except you apparently.  Your post has nothing to do with the point of this thread.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Did anyone else see Brees on Letterman last night?  Brees talked about his relationship with Peyton, going back to when Brees was at Purdue and how he and Peyton would talk regularly back then and have remained friends in the 10 years since.  I don't think Drew is losing any sleep over this, it is sad that New England is.

This thread is pathetic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

At every game when I was growing up both teams would line up afterward and give five saying "good game, good game, good game."  Some people would say "whatever" or "we won" or something else.  This was clearly a meaningless ritual, nobody cared about the other team, we didn't care what they said, we just did it because the coaches made us do it. 

Maybe that was your reaction. I did it because I was generally good with how I played and I wanted to be able to look other players in the eye and tell them I thought they played well and appreciated playing against them. Win or lose. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Did anyone else see Brees on Letterman last night?  Brees talked about his relationship with Peyton, going back to when Brees was at Purdue and how he and Peyton would talk regularly back then and have remained friends in the 10 years since.  I don't think Drew is losing any sleep over this, it is sad that New England is.

All the more reason for Manning to seek him out. I think it is pathetic that you rationalize the poor sportsmanship.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton the poor sport.:
    In Response to Re: Peyton the poor sport. : Flasox, the next time you make a mistake and try to move on, I'll be in the Boston Globe forums telling everyone that the "real" you is the guy that made the mistake, and that everything else you've done in life is a sham.  Except no one will care because you're not Peyton Manning.    The guy apologized and everyone moved on, except you apparently.  Your post has nothing to do with the point of this thread.   
    Posted by BrooklineRob
    Too bad your response isn't acurate friend. Manning showed so much remorse that he violated the terms of the court agreement and had to pay additional damages. In my opinion sexual harrassment is not like a traffic violation. I wonder if Manning harassed your with mother or sister like the victim you would have the same opinion of his behavior.  I have made mistakes in my life but unlike Maanning I tried not to repeat them nor I am n a fraud making millions from a phony perona. The point of the thread  which you apparently missed goes to the character of the person.  Being a poor sport  or throwing your teamates under the bus for your failures pale in insignificance in comparison to his real actions.
    Of course if you find the truth about his character too hard to digest, feel free to press the ignore button and have a nice day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Brookline Rob- I guess you can't stand the truth about your favorite player and condone his actvities which is your perogative, I can just have no toleration for frauds. 
    On another note, Mr Good Sport is already lining up new commercials with Lipton Tea in which he will illustrate his collegiate activities and Greyhound Bus for him to throw his coaches and teamates under.LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

All the more reason for Manning to seek him out. I think it is pathetic that you rationalize the poor sportsmanship.

Yeah, there is nothing pathetic about grown men/women having a discussion about why 2 friends did or didn't shake hands. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Enoch,
    Who knows, you may have even been on a team I played against, and maybe your "good game" had more meaning than mine or other peoples, but I wouldn't have known because they all sounded the same.  One game when I was younger there was a guy who kicked someone in the back of the legs after a play, and he may have really, really meant "good game" when he said it at the end, but it really didn't matter because sportsmanship or a lack thereof is apparent during the game. 

I'm not against this ritual, for kids it teaches them not to be poor sports after a loss.  Something I had to teach my daughter when she was four and she would throw her gamepiece after losing at candyland.  But here in adulthood everyone knows how to act and we don't need to force these rituals to make a habit of sportsmanship.  If you don't know about sportsmanship by now, it wasn't because nobody told you.  When I think of poor sportsmanship I think Rivers yelling at the crowd a couple years ago, not Manning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAGUAR23. Show JAGUAR23's posts

PEYTON VS FARVE IN THE 2011 INTERCEPTION BOWL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Pot calling the kettle orange. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

One game when I was younger there was a guy who kicked someone in the back of the legs after a play, and he may have really, really meant "good game" when he said it at the end, but it really didn't matter because sportsmanship or a lack thereof is apparent during the game.

These aren't the type of guys I wanted to acknowledge. Aside from that - his poor sportsmanship has no effect on my willingness to compete against and acknowledge good players from his team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

The Pats get roasted by the national sports media every second because they are successful. We can take it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

i hate peyton manning and all of his stupid commercials and i think getting at him for this is stupid.

how about talking about his choking away of a super bowl by throwing a pick six. the worst possible thing a QB can do.

how bout getting at polian for his gutless move of pulling his starters with the idea that it gives them a much better chance at winning a title. 

or how about the fact if reche caldwell could catch, manning would be ringless. 

and of course,  cant forget his stupid pouting face and his tyra banksesque fivehead.