Peyton's Career Summed up last Night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Peyton's Career Summed up last Night

I can't think of any better way to summarize the football career of Peyton Manning any better that what happened last night......

He breaks an NFL Superbowl record with 34 completions while losing another big game. I heard someone this morning say this one isn't on Manning.....that's bull, he could've taken a sack and not thrown several of those balls. When he tries to force one downfield it's his bad decision making....when he doesn't have time and has to take the sack I'd say it isn't on him. He gave up a pick-6 that puts his team in a hole, punting isn't the end of the world and it doesn't put up points.

IMO-There's no comparing Brady and Manning, never has been and never will be.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Peyton's Career Summed up last Night

Just proves WITHOUT the 3 Fs play - FLING/FLOP/FLAG - jughead cant win a thing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Let me add this...

Even though Brady and the Pats lost their last two SBs, in both those games the Pats were leading late in those two games and could have easily won them.  Except for the SB Manning won in 2006, the SBs he lost were not ones in which his team led late with a chance to win.  Brady lost two by a whisker, Manning did not lose his three by a whisker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

ccsjl, hilarious, this goes back to his time in Tennessee. Florida would always pick him late and he'd have that sam jughead look of defeat.

agcsbill, you're right, TB was very close to having five rings right now. I'll give the Giants credit for the wins but you have have to admit the Tyree helmet catch is 1 out of a 100 and that was a total bull crap prayer up the sidelines to Manningham. If Welker does his job it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

The one he has is against Rex freaking Grossman right? He's a joke and........if the officials didn't hand the Colts that game against the Pats it could have been an easy walk in the park for Brady's potential 6th ring!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmpc2000. Show dmpc2000's posts

Peyton Manning is Swahili for "choke".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Manning breaks regular season records but doesn't matter when it's the biggest game of the year. What i saw last night was a relentless Seattle defense that had hard hitting safeties and CB's. The line put pressure on Gomer to make him screw up. Which is something NE needs to take a blue print from. This is the way you beat him. Plain and simple.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't think of any better way to summarize the football career of Peyton Manning any better that what happened last night......

He breaks an NFL Superbowl record with 34 completions while losing another big game. I heard someone this morning say this one isn't on Manning.....that's bull, he could've taken a sack and not thrown several of those balls. When he tries to force one downfield it's his bad decision making....when he doesn't have time and has to take the sack I'd say it isn't on him. He gave up a pick-6 that puts his team in a hole, punting isn't the end of the world and it doesn't put up points.

[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing about the number of completions.... how about the yards... was it 280... in 34 completions.... how LAME is that. With numbers like that he could be Fran Tarkenton. Except at least Fran could play in cold weather and could run a little bit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I keep hearing about the number of completions.... how about the yards... was it 280... in 34 completions.... how LAME is that. With numbers like that he could be Fran Tarkenton. Except at least Fran could play in cold weather and could run a little bit.

[/QUOTE]

Did you notice how much of that came late in the game, when the outcome was not in doubt, and the Seattle D was simply allowing the middle routes while protecting for the big play?  Peyton enjoyed the classic "garbage time" success QBs have in a blowout loss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Yes. Actually. This sums up almost all of his career. Fantasy football numbers all season when playing lame and average Ds... Come crunch time against a really good D and he is not even a good QB let alone a great one. A good game with a loss would have helped to divert attention. But his total meltdown... those two picks with the game still in contention. Incredibly horrible for someone who is mentioned with the best of all time. He has done this too many times... He just is great at destroying average opponents. Almost like a great college player who is just not good enough for the pros....

That is Manning. All fluff... all stats.. there is no Farve or Montana or Staubach or Brady or Bradshaw (or even Plunkett or Thiesman) in him. Great a a warm sunny day with no wind and not uch of an opponent. Great college player...

Count down to the melt down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

As I said in an earlier post prior to the game - this is a huge game for Gomer and He knows it-  win and he's , 12-11 (playoffs) and 2-1 (Superbowls)--lose and it's 11-12 and 1-2-Big difference-he choked again!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And his completions were mostly the outside screens for 1 yard and 5 yard passes - he was afraid to throw it deep by late second quarter-with his neck ready to get scrambled due to Hawks pressure!

Sections
Shortcuts