Peyton's Gone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Peyton's Gone

Jim Irsay's conference on the NFL Network. 
    "New Direction", New Era, Exciting Times...."

I can't see the Colts going in a new direction and starting a new era with a 36year old QB.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Peyton's Gone

Az or Washington is my guess. AZ for playing in a division he'll own right away with Fitz catching the ball. Washington cause Snyder fills his pockets with cash.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

If he is, we don't want him with the Jests

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he'll go to san francisco

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He will retire a Colt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

He will travel the world via a rocket-propelled backpack.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton's Gone:
    Posted by vertigho

Hahaha! Nice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

He will retire a Colt.
    Posted by TFB12

He may retire a Colt, but it will be a number of years down the road. His legacy is not what he wants it to be. He will be remembered as a great QB, but not the greatest QB of his era. I think he wants that. I think he agrees to go elsewhere to boost his legacy. He will, naturally, be signed for a day and retire a Colt.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Posted by vertigho
    Hahahahahaha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i think it make sense for elway to consider that trade. now that they have discovered how good the d, st and running games are, they are just a real qb short of going to the playoffs and possibly going deep.

he could make tebow a backup. because they will win a few games with peyton, people there will not be demanding for tebow to be on the field. that would give elway the option to let tebow stay and learn how to throw, or basically facilitate a low profile cutting of tebow.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Let's wait and see where Archie says he's going. 
    I wonder if Archie approved of Irsay's decision to fire the Polians?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

You all need to realize that there will be no trade - no team is going to take Manning with that 28 mil cap chargeable bonus he is owed - it is a roster killer -

Indy is in an all or nothing position - they either pay Manning and keep him or they release him without compensation

Polian's parting gift to Robert Irsay:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

Minnesota or Jacksonville

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Manning's neck is about as sturdy as a popsicle stick at this point.  I think he is intentionally stalling, trying to collect the $28,000,000.  Then he will suddenly find he can't play, doctor's orders.  Think that is farfetched?  He negotiated a huge contract while ALREADY INJURED, almost definitly knowing that he needed a second surgery, and managed a 30 million up front payoff.  If he can milk this another month or two, he will have gotten $58 million dollars FOR NOTHING.  Brilliant.  No wonder Polian got fired.  He let the organization get fleeced.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I just don't see Manning going anywhere next year.  Extremely high and expensive risk for possible short term reward.

1) His cap hit for next year is like $28 million.
    2) The Bungles got 2 firsts for Carson Palmer, What does that make Payton worth?
    3) I don't see a team spending 1/4 of their cap and 2+ 1's on a 36 year old QB who could be one hit away from done.
    4) No one knows if he's even capable of playing at a high level again after the surgery.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

2) The Bungles got 2 firsts for Carson Palmer, What does that make Payton worth?
    Posted by tcal2-

The Bengals got 1 first for Palmer; they only got a second if Oakland won a playoff game.  And they got it from the worst managed team in the league.  The Raiders don't set the market.  The market laughs at the Raiders.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Manning in a trade would be worth a first and a conditional pick just lke Palmer. He comes with a 28M hit to be restructured. The Colts would do well just to unload his bonus and salary. Time for then to move on and rebuild.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

He will retire a Colt.
    Posted by TFB12

Does that mean he will be put out to pasture?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Peyton Manning's not a st#pid person, here fol--  EDIT: In terms of recognizing what it takes for him to win in The NFL=Peyton Manning's not a st#pid person, here folks...  2 Manning's on The East Coast.  1 Tom Brady and 1 Bill Belichick on the East Coast, And in The AFC...  Look for Peyton to angle his quarterbacking services first & foremost, to the Midwest and/or West Coast (or maybe, Southernmost too) Teams particularly in, The NFC Division.    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton's Gone : He may retire a Colt, but it will be a number of years down the road. His legacy is not what he wants it to be. He will be remembered as a great QB, but not the greatest QB of his era. I think he wants that. I think he agrees to go elsewhere to boost his legacy. He will, naturally, be signed for a day and retire a Colt.  
    Posted by gandalf433

He'll never be the greatest QB of his era, Brady is the greatest QB of his era. That's becoming more of a fact daily!

Sections
Shortcuts