Peyton's Gone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Peyton's Gone

If he plays, I think it's for the Colts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Peyton's Gone:
    [QUOTE]Jim Irsay's conference on the NFL Network.  "New Direction", New Era, Exciting Times...." http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d825a8b24/New-direction-for-Irsay-Colts?module=HP11_content_stream I can't see the Colts going in a new direction and starting a new era with a 36year old QB.  
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

however they cant trade him unless they pay him 28 mill hes due. when irsay spoke of how important pr is in indy, do you think letting peyton go was what he meant. that would hurt their pr bigtime i would think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Peyton's Gone:
    [QUOTE]You all need to realize that there will be no trade - no team is going to take Manning with that 28 mil cap chargeable bonus he is owed - it is a roster killer - Indy is in an all or nothing position - they either pay Manning and keep him or they release him without compensation Polian's parting gift to Robert Irsay:)
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

exactly sorry i missed your post before i said same.
    folks hewre didnt catch the details of the matter.

actually they (colts) cannot trade him UNLESS THEY GIVE HIM THE 28 MILL.
    if they keep him, i it's my understanding that the 28 mil hhas nothing to do with what he will be owed next year for 2012.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

actually they (colts) cannot trade him UNLESS THEY GIVE HIM THE 28 MILL.
    if they keep him, i it's my understanding that the 28 mil hhas nothing to do with what he will be owed next year for 2012.

I thought it was a 28M roster bonus. Which means they can trade him and the roster bonus he's due. He may have some no trade clauses, but when you know your not wanted why fight it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]actually they (colts) cannot trade him UNLESS THEY GIVE HIM THE 28 MILL. if they keep him, i it's my understanding that the 28 mil hhas nothing to do with what he will be owed next year for 2012. I thought it was a 28M roster bonus. Which means they can trade him and the roster bonus he's due. He may have some no trade clauses, but when you know your not wanted why fight it?
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

perhaps you are right, think i was listenign to business analyst on a natl sport station who said he had to be paid several days before he could be traded and several more before he would have ot be singned, traded or let go.

who is going to offer manning 28 mil roster bonus with his 3 operation, nerve in his neck dealio though?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Having had a number of neck surgeries and at one time being a bodybuilder it is so hard to get back to the condition you oncer were. If you over do your neck swells and then you need steroids for the swelling. The sport I was involved in didn't require anyone hitting me but I worked out 4 hours a day and after the last surgery I just couldn't! It's a serious injury. Let's not forget all the nerves that go through the neck. I broke c1-2 and then because I over used the vertebrae below the fusion they became unstable and had to fuse the ones below. Trust me Manning will never be the same! I see my Neurosurgeon for check-ups and I asked him about Manning and he said that not knowing what was involved but if he is fused it would be hard to be playing a contact sport. Neck injuries never heal like other injuries.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Having had a number of neck surgeries and at one time being a bodybuilder it is so hard to get back to the condition you oncer were. If you over do your neck swells and then you need steroids for the swelling. The sport I was involved in didn't require anyone hitting me but I worked out 4 hours a day and after the last surgery I just couldn't! It's a serious injury. Let's not forget all the nerves that go through the neck. I broke c1-2 and then because I over used the vertebrae below the fusion they became unstable and had to fuse the ones below. Trust me Manning will never be the same! I see my Neurosurgeon for check-ups and I asked him about Manning and he said that not knowing what was involved but if he is fused it would be hard to be playing a contact sport. Neck injuries never heal like other injuries.
    Posted by laurienyc13[/QUOTE]

thanks for the insight laurien,
    i follow the holistic approach. i dont believe i would ever choose to fuse. not a good strategy. when he plays, it may be a situation just waiting to happen. 3 surgeries to get the nerve to try to heal. his passion great, but maybe not the best move for a human being at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Here is maybe more proof Manning is gone.  He didn't even know, and sounds upset about it.  If they didn't even tell him first, that says a BUNCH.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton's Gone : He may retire a Colt, but it will be a number of years down the road. His legacy is not what he wants it to be. He will be remembered as a great QB, but not the greatest QB of his era. I think he wants that. I think he agrees to go elsewhere to boost his legacy. He will, naturally, be signed for a day and retire a Colt.  
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

With that neck problem of his, he may have no choice but to retire now. Besides, where can he go to boost his legacy? He's 36 years old!!

He's stuck with who he is (was). He was a great regular season QB...but, in the play-offs, he was the Picasso of Choke Artists.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peyton's Gone : Does that mean he will be put out to pasture?
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

LOL! Excellent quote. How about the glue factory!

Sections
Shortcuts