PFF on Pats offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

PFF on Pats offense

many have said one or the other of the points below ( i have said both early last year).
    pro football focus:

Despite Brady’s near-record-breaking season, there is still room

to grow for the Patriots offense. Their unique personnel allows

for improvement in passing deep outside the numbers and

running the ball more efficiently. As teams game plan to stop the

short passing game, Brady will have opportunities to make more

plays down the field, especially if they can find a WR that can

beat man coverage. With Hernandez dictating defensive

personnel, the Patriots offensive line must take advantage and

block better to turn the running game back into a strength. If the

offense improves in these two areas, they may be unstoppable in

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: PFF on Pats offense

in Just-
    spring        when the world is mud-
    luscious the little
    lameballoonman

whistles        far       and wee

and eddieandbill come
    running from marbles and
    piracies and it's
    spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the strange
    old balloonman whistles
    far       and       wee
    and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and
    it's
    spring
    and
          the

goat-footed                                            

balloonMan      whistles
    far
    and
    wee 

~E E Cummings

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Tried to find the full unabridged text where it reads "ALeafFallsLoneliness" down the vertical middle of single letters that connect the normal horizontal stanzas & lines...Could NOT do it.  

...don't say it, I know ya'all are feelin' me in that frustration.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

been saying this about the offense since 2006. However, right now, the D stands to see more improvement than the offense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: PFF on Pats offense:
    been saying this about the offense since 2006. However, right now, the D stands to see more improvement than the offense.
    Posted by anonymis

Agree, get a D that can generate more 3 and outs and can keep our O on the field longer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The D will be better, this was the final year of rebuilding. The fact that we can win during a rebuilding instead of having to blow things up like the Colt's is a testament to BB the GM.  

The D will be much better this season, there may be some adjustment time early on as rookies and new players adjust but shoring up the safety position with Gregory and two rookies alone will make a huge difference, there is no more weak link in the starting unit. 

As long as the young guys grasp the 3/4 fast and can implement it we shouldn't have to live with the 2/4/5 four man front garbage that BB employed as his base defense early last season because there was no training camp to speak of and guys didn't know his system. I can't wait to see this reborn defense, we were ranked #1 in INT's the season before last and #2 last season, with an improved, beefier defensive front and safety help this defense will be scary good.

The offense has to become more efficient in crunchtime, Josh McDaniel's is the biggest addition this team has made this offseason, hopefully he can get us back to balance like early in 2007.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

The D will be better, this was the final year of rebuilding. The fact that we can win during a rebuilding instead of having to blow things up like the Colt's is a testament to BB the GM.   The D will be much better this season, there may be some adjustment time early on as rookies and new players adjust but shoring up the safety position with Gregory and two rookies alone will make a huge difference, there is no more weak link in the starting unit.  As long as the young guys grasp the 3/4 fast and can implement it we shouldn't have to live with the 2/4/5 four man front garbage that BB employed as his base defense early last season because there was no training camp to speak of and guys didn't know his system. I can't wait to see this reborn defense, we were ranked #1 in INT's the season before last and #2 last season, with an improved, beefier defensive front and safety help this defense will be scary good. The offense has to become more efficient in crunchtime, Josh McDaniel's is the biggest addition this team has made this offseason, hopefully he can get us back to balance like early in 2007.
    Posted by wozzy

I dunno, I think it'll be one more year of rebuilding/retooling the defense....but we're getting there. Laughing

McD is a big addition, only if he mixes up his playcalling. Otherwise, imo - we still need a defense who can get off the field in a more timely manner (and thus giving our offenses more oppportunities to score)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

We need an offense to not turn it over or go 3 and out over and over and over. That's what we need.  Some of us watched our offense all year against the better Ds and the 1 minute drives over and over, ain't cutting it.  Nor are forced throws from Brady or playing favorites to the point teams can easily defend what we're doing. Our offense is what needs fixing now. SB 42 and SB 46 is clear proof of that.  If you want to watch the Colts, you can find them in Indy. I don't want that junk here.
    Posted by BassFishingII

I agree, now see if you can get Babe to agree, he thinks the offense never makes a mistake or always executes flawlessy.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: PFF on Pats offense : I have not seen anyone here trying to claim that the O is infallible.   No offense or defense is perfect, but you would have to be some kind of complete fool to attempt to blame a top 5 O rather than a bottom 5 D. 
    Posted by Bustchise

you and babe must be buddies, or you are Babe

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I have not seen anyone here trying to claim that the O is infallible.   No offense or defense is perfect, but you would have to be some kind of complete fool to attempt to blame a top 5 O rather than a bottom 5 D. 
    Posted by Bustchise

I blame the super bowl loss on the Giants. Lady luck was on their side and they made the plays when they had to. What can you do.

The super bowl was only one game and neither the offense nor the defense nor the special teams played particularly well. Just one of those things.

I don't consider the defense bottom 5. I know where they were ranked in yards given up but that is an overrated stat. They were good enough to get to the super bowl.

I expect a better team this year and hopefully, they'll have better luck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to "Re: PFF on Pats offense":
    In Response to Re: PFF on Pats offense : you and babe must be buddies, or you are Babe   Posted by kansaspatriot
    Is Babe.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I wouldn't call a 90 yard drive to win the game luck. 
    I did say they made the plays when they had to.

Did you ever wonder why that as a rule, teams that give up a lot of yards also give up a lot of points? 
    As a rule, yes but the Patriots broke that rule all the way to the super bowl.

Teams that move the ball a lot of yards also score a lot of points? 
    True.

The fact that our point total was out of line in what has proven to be a consistent accurate measure does not vindicate our poor defensive play.  
    If you want to attribute luck somewhere, there's a good place.
    They were not a good defense but they were good enough to almost win the super bowl. They forced three fumbles in that game but the ball bounced the wrong way. That's bad luck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to "Re: PFF on Pats offense": Is Babe.
    Posted by wozzy

Here's the disturbingly hilarious part of all of this...  I really certainly believe that kansas was grammatically correct in his final sentence ("...or you are babe"), Yet rather than take the effort to accurately RE-correct (or come to terms) what could either be wozzy's "mis"-correction ("Is Babe"), or simply a non-factoring statement ("(He) Is Babe") of a present tense depiction by him....

I won't...  And neither will anyone else.  It's because these are butchise's arguments:  Such as the fact that passes go for greater yards with completion rate, thus passing the ball 100% of the time sorta makes sense and/or Even though NE's Defense didn't give up alot of points, it's the yards that trully matter at the end of the day.  

The result is, those arguments have resulted in nothing less than:  2nd Hand Post Cooties.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: PFF on Pats offense : you and babe must be buddies, or you are Babe  
    Posted by kansaspatriot

No, we aren't buddies or the same person. What he practices is called having a clue. Try it sometime.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We need an offense to not turn it over or go 3 and out over and over and over. That's what we need.
    Posted by BassFishingII

4 teams had less INTs and zero teams had less fumbles lost than our offense last year.

What do you expect, no turnovers at all?

3 teams punted less times than us. That isn't good enough for you?

You look like a fool constantly spewing nonsense that ignores the facts.

Try to be right once a month at least.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: PFF on Pats offense : I agree, now see if you can get Babe to agree, he thinks the offense never makes a mistake or always executes flawlessy.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Don't be anal. I never have said that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to PFF on Pats offense:
       running the ball more efficiently.
    Posted by bredbru

Oh yes indeed. I'm all for that. I'm sure BB is too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to PFF on Pats offense : Oh yes indeed. I'm all for that. I'm sure BB is too.
    Posted by BabeParilli

itd be nice to see him/and us finally get around to it.
    cant seem to run when we have to.

Sections
Shortcuts