PFT and Mike Florio now bring Bellichick into thighgate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

PFT and Mike Florio now bring Bellichick into thighgate

to me this is a joke

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/16/jets-controversy-unearths-apparent-belichick-tripping-video/

When one NFL team is accused of wrongdoing, a common response is to turn the tables and point the finger at other teams who have done the same or similar things.  So it’s fitting that, in the wake of the suspension of Jets strength coach Sal Alosi for tripping Dolphins gunner Nolan Carroll, video has resurfaced from 2004 of Pats coach Bill Belichick apparently trying to trip former Colts receiver Marvin Harrison.

The video is largely comical, more embarrassing than sinister for Belichick, who stumbles into Harrison’s path and tries to either knock Harrison down or (in our view) to induce the kind of contact from Harrison that may have prompted the officials to penalize or eject Harrison.

Harrison’s reaction is just as funny; his body language suggests something along the lines of, “What the hell is wrong with that dude?”

The video was posted to YouTube on Wednesday.  A member of the media forwarded the link to us earlier today, and it has since appeared on sites like The Big Lead.

Unlike Alosi, Belichick wasn’t trying to impede Harrison during a play.  Still, we don’t recall this ever being an issue and we’re surprised it wasn’t a bigger deal at the time.  Though Belichick didn’t succeed in whatever he was trying to do, whatever he was trying to do looks inappropriate to us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IHateManning. Show IHateManning's posts

Re: PFT now brings Bellichick into trip-gate

It was only a matter of time before this happened..anytime any team does anything wrong it's the Patriots fault...Goodell will probably launch an investigation

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

It wasnt PFT ......Felger did a piece on it last night on sports tonight last night...........................going on and on saying it was the same thing as the Jets incident. Apparently espn picked up the video and it grew wheels

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: PFT and Mike Florio now bring Bellichick into thighgate

He gave him a bump. Happens all the time when a player ends up deep into the opposing teams bench area. As I said earlier today you knew the media would be combing the archives looking to attack the Pats

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

yeah i can't believe they are bringing it to this, but you know half of ESPN right now is looking for video of the patriots version of the Alosi wall and it will probably show up before game time

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Re: PFT now brings Bellichick into trip-gate:
    [QUOTE]It wasnt PFT ......Felger did a piece on it last night on sports tonight last night...........................going on and on saying it was the same thing as the Jets incident. Apparently espn picked up the video and it grew wheels
    Posted by Hannahman[/QUOTE]

i didnt see felger this is the first place ive seen it. reguardless where it came from the personal comments he made make pft look more tabloid they it already is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Remember when you were a kid, and you would get caught doing something  really stupid and use the defense that "everybody else" was doing it . . .

. . .   and then your mom would say, "If everybody else was jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge, would you do that, too?"

I get that most athletes elite enough to make it to this level grow up -- or more to the point, do not grow up -- in a culture that encourages them to abdicate responsibility . . .

But this is ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

2004!!!  I am certain there is video of every team in the NFL in which there were similar sideline happenings, intentional or not.  In this case, I think they will try and paint the picture it was intentional.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am pretty sure what BB did in that case is pretty common/not a big deal.  We see that all the time with coaches shuffling around on the sideline, dodging plays, etc, and then slapping their own player on the back after a big play, etc.

In that case, BB was half blocking Harrison, but he never made contact.

If humans cannot see the difference between BB and Alosi with a wall of players impeding the play on the field, I cannot help that level of ignorance.

The obsession with NE and BB by the media never ceases to amaze me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I got myself a logon and left a comment

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

BBReigns: If humans cannot see the difference between BB and Alosi with a wall of players impeding the play on the field, I cannot help that level of ignorance.

Amen brother!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Re: PFT and Mike Florio now bring Bellichick into thighgate:
    [QUOTE]I am pretty sure what BB did in that case is pretty common/not a big deal.  We see that all the time with coaches shuffling around on the sideline, dodging plays, etc, and then slapping their own player on the back after a big play, etc. In that case, BB was half blocking Harrison, but he never made contact. If humans cannot see the difference between BB and Alosi with a wall of players impeding the play on the field, I cannot help that level of ignorance. The obsession with NE and BB by the media never ceases to amaze me.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

i agree, but it seems like the media cant even tell the difference not just fans. i really hate this kinda stuff because it seems like the media wants to throw the pats under the bus anytime they can. i think it comes down to the patriots stand off approach with the media

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Belichick was simply getting in Harrison's way to slow him down from rejoining the play. He was "dancing" back and forth on the sidelines after Marvin flew through the Patriots bench. The Jests coach actually tried to hit or trip the player last Sunday. Totally different intent the way I see it. And if it was such a big deal why hasn't someone dug this up years ago? Just the Jests trying to play games. I think there was a coach who actually tackled a runner once, back in the 50s. Maybe the league should fine that dude posthumously!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]I got myself a logon and left a comment
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

i did as well i read pft all the time but have never felt the need to comment until tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I am woefully sick of Goodell and more media types than you could count.Enough is enough,stupity is one thing but intentionally trying to demean a particular person or organization in every situation is beyond contempt and those who indulge in such practices should be called out and suffer dire consequences.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE] I am woefully sick of Goodell and more media types than you could count.Enough is enough,stupity is one thing but intentionally trying to demean a particular person or organization in every situation is beyond contempt and those who indulge in such practices should be called out and suffer dire consequences.
    Posted by kebbe[/QUOTE]

i agree it really is out of line.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That video is so funny, I seriously can't believe they are pointing fingers at that video. 

And if you notice Harrison was deep into the sideline and a coach kind of grabbed him as they ran into each other so neither one would fall.  If anything the coach that grabbed him could have easily threw a shoulder or something at him and knocked him down.

This is getting crazy ridiculous!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Belichick was simply getting in Harrison's way to slow him down from rejoining the play....
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what this was. The Colts run a hurry up offense and he was clearly trying to impede the receiver's ability to get back into the game to disrupt their rhythm. Kind of odd, but Belichick will take every opportunity at his disposal to help his team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PFT and Mike Florio now bring Bellichick into thighgate : That's exactly what this was. The Colts run a hurry up offense and he was clearly trying to impede the receiver's ability to get back into the game to disrupt their rhythm. Kind of odd, but Belichick will take every opportunity at his disposal to help his team.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

umm thats not what it was, if you watch the video you can clearly see it was intercepted. lol it was more like impeding harrison from getting on the field so he couldnt make a tackle

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]BBReigns: If humans cannot see the difference between BB and Alosi with a wall of players impeding the play on the field, I cannot help that level of ignorance. Amen brother!
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Co-sign

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

By the way:
    BELICHICK WAS ALLOWED TO BE WHERE HE WAS STANDING.  HE DIDN'T BREAK ANY RULES BY MOVING AROUND ON HIS OWN SIDELINE.  He's a COACH.  As long as he doesn't enter the field of play, he's alright.

Sal Alosi is not a coach.  Furthermore, those practice squad guys had no place being where they were.  It's called the COACH'S box.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Florio is an avid Jests fan and like Greenberg, is totally transparent in who he routes for. Not surprised he would try to bring the Pats into this mess.
    Plus, I dont' see the similarities in what BB did vs. the Jests Alosi. For Florio to call what BB did as "tripping" is comical. The 2 situations are not even comparable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]By the way: BELICHICK WAS ALLOWED TO BE WHERE HE WAS STANDING.  HE DIDN'T BREAK ANY RULES BY MOVING AROUND ON HIS OWN SIDELINE.  He's a COACH.  As long as he doesn't enter the field of play, he's alright. Sal Alosi is not a coach.  Furthermore, those practice squad guys had no place being where they were.  It's called the COACH'S box.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Looks to me like BB went over to say something to Harrison and saw the opportunity to slow his return to the field. I don't see a trip, an attempted trip, a phantom trip or any other move that would take Harrison to the ground.

Of course Felger thought it was the same as what Aosi did. His entire carreer is based on trashing Boston teams and players whenever possible. His act is so transparent it's become a joke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

does this really surprise anyone?  Given what we know about belichick, does anyone actually believe that he believes in the spirit of honest competition? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]does this really surprise anyone?  Given what we know about belichick, does anyone actually believe that he believes in the spirit of honest competition? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

OMG 6 dogs,
    If ever there were a house made of glass, it would be yours.
    HUT< HUT< HUT!