PFT ranks bills and 'phins low are they right?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

PFT ranks bills and 'phins low are they right?

Pro Football Talk ranks 'phins 30 or 31 and bills 28. While I think both are not top 15 teams, the rankings seem low to me. I think 'phins may be better than Bills. But I think they are both ranked too low. 

If the rankings are remotely accurate, Pats should win division easily. I know both will play Pats tough but it is good to hear they are not in top 15.

thought?

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: PFT ranks bills and 'phins low are they right?

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pro Football Talk ranks 'phins 30 or 31 and bills 28. While I think both are not top 15 teams, the rankings seem low to me. I think 'phins may be better than Bills. But I think they are both ranked too low. 

If the rankings are remotely accurate, Pats should win division easily. I know both will play Pats tough but it is good to hear they are not in top 15.

thought?

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

[/QUOTE]

I like the Bills D and run game

Phins with a lot of holes on O

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

With Pouncey out of the lineup the OL will have problems.  You've got to remember the fallout from last year got a OL makeover for this year.  The only consistency was Pouncey.  The OL will struggle some.

Is Tannehill an NFL starting QB?  

Moreno goes down and turns an ordinary RB corp to not much.

The secondary has issues.

So for Miami I say sure.  They over reached in the draft in almost every round.  This thing could fold up like a tent.

The Bills will depend on E.J.Manuel.  They have everything else on offense.  The Bills can be exposed defensively.  I could think of teams that would do worse than the Bills this year.  I think the Bills could take second in the division.  So I my opinion the Bills aren't getting the respect that they should probably have.  They'll have to earn it and put their past behind them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

PFT's rankings are a joke.  The Browns haven't even been mentioned yet.  No way the Bills and Dolphins are worse than them.  The Dolphins will have struggles mainly due to their leaky offensive line, but they're not worse than the Browns.  And the Bills have a very strong defense with their main question mark being how the offense will perform with EJ Manuel in his 2nd year at the helm.  Even with Kiki Alonso out, I still like their defense.  Great against the pass but still suspect against the run.  Brandon Spikes will probably help them a little bit in the run D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

J-e-t-s, jets jets jets

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just think the real issue is if their quarterbacks are the real deal or not. Is Tannehill the real deal? If not (and that's what I'd say) then the Dolphins won't win a thing...same for the Bills. You have to be really really good to win in the NFL if you don't have the QB - I wouldn't call the Bills or the Dolphins really really good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Has the AFC East ever been this bad? If the Pats don't sweep this year I'll be surprised.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I work with a Dolphins fan that is a realist and he's depressed right now. The fins O-Line is in serious trouble and it would be a near miracle for this offense to rank anywhere above 26-27 in the league. Their defense will be okay but I'm sure they're not thrilled with Dion Jordan getting suspended as they had high hopes for him this year. As for the Bills, they ssucckk every year so this prediction isn't much of a reach. Shouldn't be any surprises in the AFC east this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Early impression, Bills between 5 and 9 wins. Everything goes wrong, 5, it all goes great, 9. Fish 6 to 10, low end if Tannehill doesn't improve, high end if he makes the leap. Jets about the same as the Bills, QBs are too shaky.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My base statistic for ranking the teams:

Patriots strength:  10.5 victories out of 16.  This number is low as all get out, given Revis Island coming in, given Browner as another chess piece, given Gronk coming back on the field, given Vince Wilfork practicing, given Kelly practicing, given Sealver Siliga coming on, given the young rookie receivers blossoming, given an immediate starter with Easley and I've probably left some pieces out beyond this list.

Miami:  7.3, pretty good, not 30!

Buffalo:  6.5, still not 30!

Jets:  6.2

Buffalo gagged in the draft.  The Jets were also bad in drafting a stone-hipped safety.  What's he supposed to do in coverage, stand there like a fireplug in the middle of the field and hope somebody runs into him?  Neither the Jets nor Buffalo have a quarterback.  The Jets are notorious for signing famous grandpas, preferably with alcohol problems, and then swooning in the last half of the season.

It's a weak division if you don't have to play the Patriots.  I wouldn't go as far as 30th in the NFL.  That honor should be reserved for teams that start rookie coaches and rookie quarterbacks.  Also, Washington Red Skins, Jacksonville and Cleveland are on the bottom. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

What did they do to improve? Can the beat out the patriots for the division title. Nope

Dolphins, Jets and Bills are playing for last place in the AFC East

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has the AFC East ever been this bad? If the Pats don't sweep this year I'll be surprised.

[/QUOTE]

The better question is has it ever been good in the past 10-12 years?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

If only it was as good as the powerhouse NFC East where winning 9 games gets you a division title.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It most certainly has! Their record doesn't show it because the Pats are just that good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If only it was as good as the powerhouse NFC East where winning 9 games gets you a division title.

[/QUOTE]

well that and a championship or two.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]

It most certainly has! Their record doesn't show it because the Pats are just that good.

[/QUOTE]

fair enough Dig but wouldn't it be nice to actually EARN it once in a while?

Sections
Shortcuts