Phil Simms should be fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

Phil Simms should be fired

I watch every Patriots game and I cringe every time Simms broadcasts a Pats game.  He very rarely has anything to say about the Pats and almost always talks abouth the other team.  He is so anti-Patriots he should be fired.  On one play in the third quarter, he was talking about Sanchez talking to his offense on the sidelines after the Pats had just stopped them on 3rd down, and in the midst of a great play by the Pats (I think it was an 8 yard gain by BLGE, with great blocking by our line) and he said nothing about the Patriots play.  In fact, he was commenting on the Jets, like he did most of the game !!  As a Pats fan, I'd appreciate it if this guy would at least keep it to 50/50 for both teams.

I have posted this before (last year) and many said I was wrong and how much Simms loves Belicheck etc..  I am here to tell you that Simms is a waste product, he is anti Pats and he is so obviously pro anyone playing the Pats that he rarely, if ever, comments on the Patriots.

Plus, he wasn't that great a quarterback either.

Fire him now !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Phil Simms should be fired

Simms doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as what Troy Aikman does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't see a big problem with Simms. Try running the radio audio with the network video.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I too found his commentary to be puzzling...he kept trying to make a case for the Jet's offense as looking much improved and how Ryan's defesne was built to stop the Patriots with thier combination of shutdwon corners etc. I mentioned this on another thread already...Had I not known the score and merely based my opin on how the teams were playing on his analysis you'd have thought the Jets were winning the game. Not sure it was bias or if he was trying to convince himself that what he thought to be true was? whomever it is that produces the show I would hope brings his obvious slant to his attention so he can try to be fair and balanced...

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

The only problem I had yesterday was on the Branch reception/Fumble call when both of those guys kept trying to say it was a fumble. That one had me screaming and calling them morons for not seeing the obvious contact while Branches knee was down. Other than that they did Okay. If you didn't like that wait 'til next week when the Dallas Game is on Fox and I guarantee you Aikman will be doing that game with his evil twin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Phil has seemed a bit pro YET lately but in the past I can remember him rhapsodizing about the PATS passing game when Moss was here and he and Brady were lighting things up everywhere.  Most announcers just get on the winning band wagon anyway, unless its close but Simms stayed on the YETS band wagon too late yesterday IMO.

However, when I don't want to hear the play by play and color commentary, I just turn the sound all the way down, (no closed captions that way), and just watch the play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Sigh, Phil Simms and BB are friends. BB won Simms 2 SB rings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I've always liked Phil and thought he was pro-Pats. He did cross the line of nut-hugging a few times talking about the Jets. The annoying announcer who was rooting for the Raiders was Kevin Harlan who reguraly does basketball on TNT. It basically becomes unbearable when the other team is doing well in basketball and I have to mute him. Don't hate on Sims, he's one of the last good ones left in my opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Phil Simms is a big fan of Brady and the Pats.  He is not anti-Patriots.  Yesterday wasn't his best but normally I like him.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

In Response to Re: Phil Simms should be fired:
    Are you for real? Simms is a huge Pats fan and a good friend of Bill Belichick. This must be a joke.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

No MVP Killa this is not a joke.  If you actually watched the game and tabulated the number of minutes overall that Simms spent commenting on the Jets vs the Pats you would see a huge disparity and bias in his comments toward the Jets. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I've always liked Phil and thought he was pro-Pats. He did cross the line of nut-hugging a few times talking about the Jets. The annoying announcer who was rooting for the Raiders was Kevin Harlan who reguraly does basketball on TNT. It basically becomes unbearable when the other team is doing well in basketball and I have to mute him. Don't hate on Sims, he's one of the last good ones left in my opinion.
    Posted by jam757

I see it just the opposite. Simms calls a good game and isn't afraid to criticize a player when he deserves it. I like listening to him but not during a Pats game.
    Over the years I've noticed that he almost never has anything postitive to say about the Pats or any Patriot player. He routinely seems to be rooting for the other team; "Doesn't look like a first down for the Pats" or "I don't see the pass interference on that play" or "Definately helmet to helmet contact". His observations consistently favor the other team. 

Not a huge issue but very annoying to listen to for three hours. Might have to turn off the audio if he's calling the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In Responseref="http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?i agree Simms was one sided with jets the whole game,prettyplckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a0871c89f-cefb-4baa-b7a5-ca78ba1feb1f&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:0871c89f-cefb-4baa-b7a5-ca78ba1feb1fPost:9193019f-a6a3-4a7f-b212-7aee93eb44d0">Phil Simms should be fired:
    I watch every Patriots game and I cringe every time Simms broadcasts a Pats game.  He very rarely has anything to say about the Pats and almost always talks abouth the other team.  He is so anti-Patriots he should be fired.  On one play in the third quarter, he was talking about Sanchez talking to his offense on the sidelines after the Pats had just stopped them on 3rd down, and in the midst of a great play by the Pats (I think it was an 8 yard gain by BLGE, with great blocking by our line) and he said nothing about the Patriots play.  In fact, he was commenting on the Jets, like he did most of the game !!  As a Pats fan, I'd appreciate it if this guy would at least keep it to 50/50 for both teams. I have posted this before (last year) and many said I was wrong and how much Simms loves Belicheck etc..  I am here sad! to tell you that Simms is a waste product, he is anti Pats and he is so obviously pro anyone playing the Pats that he rarely, if ever, comments on the Patriots. Plus, he wasn't that great a quarterback either. Fire him now !!
    Posted by dbincpumpkin

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I also usually like Simms

But I thought he took some sort of anti Pat pill yesterday
    He must have had on Green colored glasses

Branch was clearly down - not even a question -
    and there were other calls too

I really don't want Homers - My favorite play by play is Cross
    - the former 9er

although if I could listen to the game I would love to hear Santos

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Phil Simms should be fired:
    I watch every Patriots game and I cringe every time Simms broadcasts a Pats game.  He very rarely has anything to say about the Pats and almost always talks abouth the other team.  He is so anti-Patriots he should be fired.  On one play in the third quarter, he was talking about Sanchez talking to his offense on the sidelines after the Pats had just stopped them on 3rd down, and in the midst of a great play by the Pats (I think it was an 8 yard gain by BLGE, with great blocking by our line) and he said nothing about the Patriots play.  In fact, he was commenting on the Jets, like he did most of the game !!  As a Pats fan, I'd appreciate it if this guy would at least keep it to 50/50 for both teams. I have posted this before (last year) and many said I was wrong and how much Simms loves Belicheck etc..  I am here to tell you that Simms is a waste product, he is anti Pats and he is so obviously pro anyone playing the Pats that he rarely, if ever, comments on the Patriots. Plus, he wasn't that great a quarterback either. Fire him now !!
    Posted by dbincpumpkin

Too funny. As I watched the game on Sunday I could not help but think how Simms just despises the Pats. I thought I should write a post. As I came to do so just now I happily found yours pumpkin.

You could not be more right. I don't know if fired is the way to go, but perhaps he need not call any more Pats games. All game he talked about how the Jets are only 10 down or 13 down. He was so obvious. He was horrible.

I don't know why he has such hatred for the Pats, but it clearly showed through his entire broadcast. Awful. I don't mind the homers, but usually they acknowledge the other teams great plays.

The Pats ran the ball down the throats of the Jets. But no complaints coming from Simms. They also dominated the clock down the stretch but all he could say was if the Jets (Burress I think) could have caught that ball then they could have kicked like a 50 yard field goal and then recoverred the on side kick.
    I think is should be looked into by the league for sure. It was just so blatantly obvious.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

If you hate Phil Simms, then try listening to Jon Gruden. His use of superlatives for every play is just plainly annoying.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

No MVP Killa this is not a joke.  If you actually watched the game and tabulated the number of minutes overall that Simms spent commenting on the Jets vs the Pats you would see a huge disparity and bias in his comments toward the Jets. 
    Posted by dbincpumpkin

Killa watched the game in person, at least he said he was going to be, so he's probably just going on memory, lol. Right killa?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

speaking of Patriots haters Gruden is absolutely unbearable. Did any of you catch the "sarcastic" praise of Brady and Bill? I can't stand Gruden and Jaws should have been fired years ago. They should make Gruden watch the tuck play before every Pats game he announces!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

I actually think the Jaws-Gruden-Tirico grouping works pretty well.  Much better than some other combinations they've tried in the past....my favorite football memories were listening to Pat Summerall and Madden....wish they could've gone on forever...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Gruden is bad. Good analyst, but he overrates every piece of analysis.  Jaworski does it too. Ugh. I also cannot stand Dan Dierdork. The slurping and lisping and constant babbling.  It's just overkill.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Good call - I can't stand Dierdorf because of his man-crush on Big Ben....it's beyond terrible.  I couldn't even watch the Pitt-Tennessee game becuase of him this past sunday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Sims was probably told by his boss in NY that he had to make the Jets sound like they were better than they really were so they could sell more PSLs since it seems sales have been down the last couple of weeks.

Sections
Shortcuts