PHILLY SCARES ME

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

PHILLY SCARES ME

philly is about to sign the very underappreciated vince young to back up vick. that gives them continuity for WHEN vick goes down. you know he will miss at least 2 to 4 games, vince is the ideal backup. arm isnt as strong but he is very mobile and despite what the rumours say is often looking to throw first unlike vick when pressured. plus vy can throw on the run from either his left or right, unlike vick who hesitates throwing when you force him to his right. 

the kevin kolb deal was straight out of the belichick school. a second and a stud cornerback (fulfilling a major need) for a guy holding a clipboard who had demanded a trade is pure genius. i see no weakness on that team right now. who knows, favre may still show up to increase the competitive tension everywhere. 

i can easily see philly versus the pats in the super bowl!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: PHILLY SCARES ME

No they don't scare me. I'd rather play them than Green Bay or New Orleans

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Vince Young would clearly be the missing piece that leapfogs Philly over all other NFC teams and would shift the balance of the whole conference...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm not too terribly in awe of the Iggles. I think Vick showed just exactly how far he can take them last season. It's hard to imagine him doing any more . . .  but I will give Philly credit for absolutely raking Arizona over the coals for Kevin Corn-on-the Kolb.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: PHILLY SCARES ME:
    [QUOTE]No they don't scare me. I'd rather play them than Green Bay or New Orleans
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

OMG! They won the Vince Young sweepstakes!!!!? Gee Willikers CC now I'm askeered too!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'd wait to see what Rodgers-Cromartie does. Young has good physical tools, but it is the maturity and mental component I worry about.. Kolb is average....could he be Scott Mitchell 2.0. That 2nd round pick fall in the 35-45 range. Not bad a deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Philly almost beat Green Bay last year. At the least they should be co-favorites. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Philly almost beat Green Bay last year. At the least they should be co-favorites. 
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

You know . . .   this is an interesting point.

Technically, Philly had a chance to win until Vick threw the pick at the end, but watching the game I never got the feeling that the Iggles were really in it.

I guess I'm of two minds about Philly because I'm not really sure how good the Packers are. I think it's worth pointing out (again) that Green Bay isn't even in the playoffs last year if Philly doesn't score four touchdowns in the final six minutes (or whatever it was) to come back and punk New Jersey (blue) a few weeks before.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PHILLY SCARES ME : I think it's worth pointing out (again) that Green Bay isn't even in the playoffs last year if Philly doesn't score four touchdowns in the final six minutes (or whatever it was) to come back and punk New Jersey (blue) a few weeks before.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Good point, the Eagles will be a good team just don't think scare is a good word. No team should scare Pats fans. It will be interesting to see how this Desean Jackson situation plays out. They are a drastically different team without him on the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]No they don't scare me. I'd rather play them than Green Bay or New Orleans
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

The Packers are the most complete team in football, especially now that they have a better offensive line (their only real weakness a year ago).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

The don't scare me at all.  Vick is easy to game plan for in the playoffs when teams have time to prepare for him.  He has never won anything in his life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]The Packers are good but their coaching is not as good as the Pats IMO so I would say we have an advantage in that regard so they are not the most complete team in football IMO. Plus their run game leaves much to be desired.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Ryan Grant was injured and they had no offensive line

They've since upgraded their line

They're one of only three teams in the league who can rival us at quarterback (Saints, Colts, Packers).  They're stacked at receiver.  Their Pro Bowl safety (memory fails me), Woodson, and Tramon Williams are a far superior secondary than anything else in the league (perhaps even if the Jets sign Asomugha because their safety is a better safety than Leonhard - got injured in the Super Bowl, but got that interception for a touchdown, too).  They have Clay Matthews, A.J. Hawk, and Barnett at linebacker, which is one of the best linebacker corps in the league except maybe Pittsburgh (our linebackers other than Mayo don't compare favorably at all).  B.J. Raji leads a good defensive line.

Just sayin'.

I think they're more complete.  We don't have as good of receivers (Chad Johnson is old and as-of-yet unproven while Welker and Branch don't equal Greg Jennings and Donald Driver).  We don't have as good of linebackers (even if we sign Roth).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have Green Bay as a 14.4 victory team in the regular season.  They're good!  Philly is a 10.5 victory team.  New Orleans will probably be 8-8, and thanks for the first round draft pick.  The Saints number is a little higher, at 8.7, but they have a lot of free agents that they're not going to re-sign.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]F*CK Philly. Mike Vick will end the season on IR cause once he gets one concussion he will get babied. And Vince Young wont be able to run that offense. I dont see him being able to run a West Coast offense which is the offense Andy Read runs in Philly.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

You said that last year too, Killa!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PHILLY SCARES ME : You said that last year too, Killa!
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]i likle most of what killa says non-personally (strictly football) but i think his vendetta against vick and the little dogfighting thing often clouds his judgment regarding the eags!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

People should have Phila on their rader. They were a very good team last year and by all accounts got better. But it has nothing to do with Young imo. Again 5-1 against teams with a win % of 500 or better , the guy doesnt beat/perform well against good teams. 57% comp. rate , 42/42 TD/INT's , the guy just isnt that good of a player. He needs so many things to go right for him to perfom at a high level. Phila just fleeced Ari. for a 2 and DRC , and just signed Babin. Jackson isnt going to miss any serious time and will be there at the start of the season. With the moves they made , one can tell their going all in this year. They now know what they have in Vick and the window for him is already half way closed. Id put them as the favorite in that division at this point. That said , do they scare me , i mean no more than the Pack , ATL or NO. There are a ton of quality teams in the league right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Stay away from the South Side then.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

They'd scare me if I was a Giants fan. I expect that much like all the Bills fans up here in central NY the Giants fans will once again be moving thier real team to the bottom of the drawer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The team to worry about in the NFC is New Orleans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Philly doesn't scare me because I believe in Karma

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

[QUOTE]The team to worry about in the NFC is New Orleans.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

So what you're saying is that the reasoning for their jump to the top of the NFC Conference is because they now have Vince Young as their backup quarterback? Lol i'll take Ryan Mallet and Brian Hoyer over that nutjob. I think Philly is a great team but with the crafty mind of BB, Vick doesn't scare me in the least. He'd come up with schemes that would make him ineffective. But I will say that they made a tremendous stride in upgrading their Defense with the acquisition of DRC

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Philly doesn't scare me because I believe in Karma
    Posted by DynastyXXXVI[/QUOTE]not scared yet? while some of you go crazy over situational checkers, i look at the gane from a chess tactician's perspective. its the attitude, just as bb is not done making  a splash; was clear that reid was just getting started. everything in its sequence. look at all the coherent parts they've picked up both on offense and defense. vy is not right now a determining factor but he's coherent. you can run a lot of the same sets with vick, plus they like each other.. very important for vy's psyche. philly like the pats is a great place to relearn ur fundamentals and start over at. both reid and bb will maximize the new cba to the fullest extent while the arizonas just stumble along. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

The Eagles are weak at LB and S. Babin indeed had 12.5 sacks last yr but he played for a bad 6-10 team (Titans). Any DE that was on the field as much as he was would have double digit sacks. His previous best sack yr was 2006 w/5. What happened to 2007-2009? He also is light at 260 and is widely viewed as a 1 yr wonder. Young = mediocrity, Rodgers-Cromartie is Samuel's replacement, NA is solid. Teams will exploit the Eagles weakness at LB and S. They hardly "scare" me. Good team yes, great team no! GB is still the team to beat in the NFC.