Phins running out of QB options

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Phins running out of QB options

With PManning probably going to either the Broncos or Titans, and possibly Matt Flynn to Seattle, what options does Miami have left at QB?

IF you were BB, would you trade Hoyer to division rival Miami if the price was right? Miami is getting desperate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: Phins running out of QB options

I'm quite sure that he would.

BB had no problem trading Bledsoe to the Bills and I'm sure he'd trade Hoyer to the Fins if the price is right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

Why not, if the Fins had something decent to trade? Look at Matt Cassel. I wouldn't be afraid to face him twice a year! Doesn't really matter who is the QB in Miami, since they let Marshall go they have no WRs!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  you want to get something for the guy, and Bub is right. Miami is a clown college.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Phins running out of QB options:
    With PManning probably going to either the Broncos or Titans, and possibly Matt Flynn to Seattle, what options does Miami have left at QB? IF you were BB, would you trade Hoyer to division rival Miami if the price was right? Miami is getting desperate.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Hahaha. You made my day pointing this out Lifer. 

Wouldn't it be great if Miami got stuck with someone WORSE than Henne?

And the Jests were forced to re-up the p-u-k-e Sanchize. 

LOL.

Of course, I expect every smart move Buffalo has done to blow up in their face because they are Buffalo.

The only consolation about NE's slow start in FA is how little the division is helping itself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Phins running out of QB options:
    With PManning probably going to either the Broncos or Titans, and possibly Matt Flynn to Seattle, what options does Miami have left at QB? IF you were BB, would you trade Hoyer to division rival Miami if the price was right? Miami is getting desperate.
    Posted by PatsLifer

I don't like trading Hoyer away until we know what he's got. BB has tried consistently since his tenure to develop back-up QB's. The successes so far are Cassell and Hoyer and there have been countless failures. We really don't know how competent Mallet is. I feel we are potentially leaving ourselves short until we know where Hoyer stands. Is he a potential replacement for Brady or not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

He traded Bledsoe within the division so I can't see why he wouldn't do the same with Hoyer for the right price.  Miami still does have the 8th pick in the draft and they still can draft a QB if need be.  Wouldn't it be something if the 3rd QB taken turned out better then RG3 or 10 or whatever his name is...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Phins running out of QB options:
    In Response to Phins running out of QB options : I don't like trading Hoyer away until we know what he's got. BB has tried consistently since his tenure to develop back-up QB's. The successes so far are Cassell and Hoyer and there have been countless failures. We really don't know how competent Mallet is. I feel we are potentially leaving ourselves short until we know where Hoyer stands. Is he a potential replacement for Brady or not?
    Posted by NYC

"Countless failures"?   Name the organizations that are perennially developing QBs behind HOF QBs.

You can't. No one really even tries it or is successful doing it.  The best example would be Atlanta and Schaub.

It doesn't exist.  Cassel, maybe Hoyer can be something and then Mallett maybe can be the heir to the throne.

Most teams struggle to land or develop a starter let alone a backup as a chip. Heck, GB just blew it by not tagging Flynn and risking his cap hit, albeit with less leverage.

There is no point in doing what GB just did with Flynn if you don't intend to deal the back up/possible future starter.

If has had "countless failures" in this area, what have other organizations had?  Infinite failures?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think it comes down to what happens with Flynn. Flynn although inexperienced, has shown glimpes of being good in the 2 games he played.

If Seattle wins the Flynn sweepstakes, I'm not sure who is left for Miami beside Hoyer.

I have no problem BB trading Hoyer away to Miami. I'm just curious if Miami would bite, and what they would make the trade for?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

He traded Bledsoe within the division so I can't see why he wouldn't do the same with Hoyer for the right price.  Miami still does have the 8th pick in the draft and they still can draft a QB if need be.  Wouldn't it be something if the 3rd QB taken turned out better then RG3 or 10 or whatever his name is...
    Posted by Patsman3

from why read tannehill goes earlier with the desperation for a qb.
    wheedon wil be like 29. so they could trade down. or maybe consider someone's backup. dont know if hoyer would be their first choice. also they might be reluctant to help out the pats by trading a pick with us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In Response to Phins running out of QB options : Hahaha. You made my day pointing this out Lifer.  Wouldn't it be great if Miami got stuck with someone WORSE than Henne? And the Jests were forced to re-up the p-u-k-e Sanchize.  LOL. Of course, I expect every smart move Buffalo has done to blow up in their face because they are Buffalo. The only consolation about NE's slow start in FA is how little the division is helping itself.
    Posted by zbellino

ZB   nice to have you back.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB may prefer Hoyer over Ryan Mallett for 2012.  Hoyer has value to this team.  Indianapolis had no insurance at all last season, and they crashed and burned in a big ball of flame. 

Trading with a division rival should only be done if the division rival will be horrid, and if the player is more hype than substance.  BB traded Bledsoe away to Buffalo and then Buffalo never challenged New England for the division crown.  Miami is a question mark here.  They ended their season on a 6-3 tear, but then they cashiered their coach, so the 2012 season may be about rebuilding.  I think that by cashiering Brandon Marshall, Miami made itself a bit more competitive in 2012.

I worry that Hoyer is a player of real substance (but not another Tom Brady) and of little hype.  Those players don't trade well.

Sections
Shortcuts