PI Call was Legit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: PI Call was Legit

In response to Sned1's comment:

First of all, I'm not such a homer that I'm not willing to admit when a call that goes the Pats' way is BS.

But I watched the replay of the late-game call on #23 for interfering with Boyce in the end zone.

First of all, he completely grabbed him and slowed his progress on about the 15 yard line.  No question.

Then as the football approached, the defender reached in and put his hand on Boyce's left bicep.  It didn't seem to affect the motion of Boyce's arm much -- which is why everyone thinks it's a BS call.  But it might have, probably did, a little.  Is a defender allowed to touch the receiver's arm and impede his arm motion, even a tiny amount, as the ball approaches?  NO.  A totally legit call.

Back off, whiners.

I had a holding call at the 4, 3, and 1 yard lines on that play and the ref let him get away with all those holds, but when  #23 grabbed and turned Boyce's left shoulder pad before the ball arrives, that was the last straw for the ref! Definately PI. I have been complaining about the lack of fair officiating since the Jets were issued a victory on a play that hasn't been called in any of the games since and then were topped out by the Carolina game travesty! In no way was this call ever anything but a PI. No make up involved. Also for those who thought the flag was late it wasn't he threw the flag as soon as he saw the tug on the shoulder pad and then he saw the ball go by.

If anyone wants to see what a truly bogus PI call looks like try and find the interference in the Ravens last drive that they called on the DB covering Marlon Brown on the play just before they score the winning TD! There was absolutely no defender in the area, not within 5 yards in any direction, then on the scoring TD Marlon Brown doesn't get both feet down with possession of the ball, his right foot lands and then he trys to tap his toe but he is clearly out of the endzone when he taps it and to prove there was a conspiracy the Ref who called it a TD runs to where his foot allegedly touched and he scratches the spot with his own feet obliviating the spot so it won't show where he actually tapped! Now that was a ref determining the outcome of a game! First he call the imaginary PI and then he calls a non catch a TD.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

I thought it was a bad call.

Obviously I don't care because I am a Pats fan and with the garbage call that happened in the Jets game and the non call against the Panthers happening it is typical that all judgement calls will end up coming close to evening out by the end of the season.

Thats the problem with judgement calls, they are real time and strictly judgement of the individual making the call. It will always be that way.

Those of you talking about this or that happening at every "other" point in the play "other" than the actual call that was made is irrelevant to making the PI call in the endzone a good call.

Maybe I am misremembering but I thought the call was a PI "in the endzone".

People going on about the tug on the horse collar happened outside the endzone so the ball placement would have been different so that was not what was called.

Still think the called was made incorrectly.

Garbage in the Jets game?  What are you speaking of?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Obviously I don't care because I am a Pats fan and with the garbage call that happened in the Jets game and the non call against the Panthers happening it is typical that all judgement calls will end up coming close to evening out by the end of the season.

Thats the problem with judgement calls, they are real time and strictly judgement of the individual making the call. It will always be that way.

Those of you talking about this or that happening at every "other" point in the play "other" than the actual call that was made is irrelevant to making the PI call in the endzone a good call.

People going on about the tug on the horse collar happened outside the endzone so the ball placement would have been different so that was not what was called.

With respect to the PI occurring in the end zone, I agree - probably didn't happen there.  With respect to PI on the play IMO no question McFadden grabbed his shoulder pad at about the 9-yard line.  At that point, it was PI.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

First of all, I'm not such a homer that I'm not willing to admit when a call that goes the Pats' way is BS.

But I watched the replay of the late-game call on #23 for interfering with Boyce in the end zone.

First of all, he completely grabbed him and slowed his progress on about the 15 yard line.  No question.

Then as the football approached, the defender reached in and put his hand on Boyce's left bicep.  It didn't seem to affect the motion of Boyce's arm much -- which is why everyone thinks it's a BS call.  But it might have, probably did, a little.  Is a defender allowed to touch the receiver's arm and impede his arm motion, even a tiny amount, as the ball approaches?  NO.  A totally legit call.

Back off, whiners.

You got that right.  The defensive guy climbed up the receiver's back even before they went into the end zone.  He never looked back for the ball!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Back off, whiners.

The head ref who watches over these calls said it was not the right call >>> But i guess you know more. You would have changed your tune if it happened against the Pats. bla bla bla

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Back off, whiners.

The head ref who watches over these calls said it was not the right call >>> But i guess you know more. You would have changed your tune if it happened against the Pats. bla bla bla

... and if this type of call DID happen to the Pats and they lost, we'd see all kinds of posts it was the right call against the Pats.  In this case, it aided the Pats and haters everywhere do not like it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

Back off, whiners.

Its as legit as every other pass play where hand fighting and positioning take place and PI is never called.  I've always found Mike Pereira to be objective and he said there was no foul on the play. 

Did you look at this gif of the play troll?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/tom-brady-pass-interference-new-england-patriots/

I did, and it looks very similar to other plays including a streaking receiver with man coverage.  There is obvious hand fighting on the part of both the receiver and DB but nothing that impedes either player.  IMO, a play like this occurs 100 times per week in the NFL and if the play is like that one - PI is almost NEVER called.  When it is, most think the defense was jobbed. 

Belichick teaches some of the most physical DB play in the league - its one of his MO's.  If Talib was the DB on that play, neither pats fans, nor belichick, nor Talib would be expected to be flagged for PI. 

Congrats to the pats and you pats fans.  You got the benefit of one that won the game for you. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Back off, whiners.

Its as legit as every other pass play where hand fighting and positioning take place and PI is never called.  I've always found Mike Pereira to be objective and he said there was no foul on the play. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/tom-brady-pass-interference-new-england-patriots/

I did, and it looks very similar to other plays including a streaking receiver with man coverage.  There is obvious hand fighting on the part of both the receiver and DB but nothing that impedes either player.

As I surmised, you are a LIAR and will always be a LIAR. The defender grabbing the collar  and clearly slowing the receiver down isn't "hand fighting" troll.

Every word you post here is worthless and without merit.

Now get back to abusing that female-trainer blowup doll of yours.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

Terrible Call

It was one of the worst calls of the season, and that's saying a lot. There is no way that flag should have been thrown ever, and if you disagree then you don't know what you're talking about. Pats got a gift, accept it and move on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Should have been defensive holding or illegal contact. Clearly the browns cornerback was beat and    Had to hold on for dear life. PI is a tough one to swallow there and i think if the shoe was on the other foot, we wouldn't like that call. One thing that bothers me though is that this call was close and it has been covered by the media as if it was more agregious than the two bogus calls in the jets and panthers games. Patriots got a break but it was about damn time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Back off, whiners.

Did you agree with Pereira about his opinion that the non-call in the Carolina game was wrong, too?

Can't have it both ways.  Agree when it goes against the Pats, disagree when it can support the Pats.

I don't have a problem with his interpretation of the Gronkowski non-call. But I will say this, pats fans want interpretations only when they are in your favor.  You were all upset by the call in the Jets game, but it was a rule, and as I understand it, Ryan was able to alert the refs to what the pats were doing, the refs saw it and correctly called it.  In this case you wanted refs to overlook a rule, but in the gronkowski case, you did not.  Pats fans cannot have it both ways. 

Ultimately, I think the pats have more of a case for the Gronk issue than the benefit call they got at the end of this game. 

Here's an interesting article -

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/08/patriots-part-of-controversial-late-penalty-call/

Tells me that the pats benefitted twice, lost once.  The jets game was the right call so you can't complain.  Right now on these 4 calls, the pats are up 2-1 with one immaterial to the conversation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Back off, whiners.

I did, and it looks very similar to other plays including a streaking receiver with man coverage.  There is obvious hand fighting on the part of both the receiver and DB but nothing that impedes either player.

As I surmised, you are a LIAR and will always be a LIAR. The defender grabbing the collar  and clearly slowing the receiver down isn't "hand fighting" troll.

If only all of your fellow pats fans agreed with you, you might be on to something. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

If only all of your fellow pats fans agreed with you, you might be on to something. 

Hey Gomez...how 'bout them Colts?? Another great game from Trent Richardson, the man you saw as the guy that would take your sorry team to the next level: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331208004

LOL!!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Back off, whiners.

Okay, fellow Pats fans, come tell me how the Colts troll isn't a liar!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So, basically, you agree he was interfered with, but question the spot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Back off, whiners.

On the other hand, Babe, it could be a visual acuity issue.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Hey Gomez...how 'bout them Colts?? Another great game from Trent Richardson, the man you saw as the guy that would take your sorry team to the next level: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331208004

LOL!!!!

yep - pretty pathetic.  can't challenge you on that one TP.  colts and Grigson appear to have spit the bit on that deal.  I can only hope things improve. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Back off, whiners.

that must be it.  I always thought my stache made up for it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to SchwillyPete's comment:

It was one of the worst calls of the season, and that's saying a lot. There is no way that flag should have been thrown ever, and if you disagree then you don't know what you're talking about. Pats got a gift, accept it and move on.

Wrong. Go get your eyes checked.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

there's one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What about all his LIES that have nothing to do with visual acuity?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

there's one.

One what, Pats fan that says you're not a LIAR? Who says that guy is even a Pats fan, with his whole 200 posts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

With respect to the PI occurring in the end zone, I agree - probably didn't happen there.  With respect to PI on the play IMO no question McFadden grabbed his shoulder pad at about the 9-yard line.  At that point, it was PI.

exactly...  The grab of the shoulder pad and the ticky tacky molesting in the endzone is enough for PI...  Without the grab , Boyce was going right by the dude...  Imean clear separation and easy catch on a perfect throw.

All this whining is basically that the ball was placed at the 1 instead of the 5.  SHUT UP....!

btw this thread is on the same topic...

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/here-comes-another-week-of-pi-call-crap/100/6925882

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

there's one.

One what, Pats fan that says you're not a LIAR? Who says that guy is even a Pats fan, with his whole 200 posts.

Oh honey - its all over the board, just look. 

Sections
Shortcuts