pick 33 for FITZ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

pick 33 for FITZ??

Would Arizona offer it and do you think it would be a good deal for us???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: pick 33 for FITZ??

i definitely think 33 is too high

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

I just posted on another thread about Fitz'. Botton line is that we need a true number one WR if were going to continue w/ this current group. The jets didnt out scheme us or anything like that. The played a pretty simple D , but obviously played it great. They kept a backer underneath and clogged up the middle of the field w/ another backer , but mostly a S. They covered their butts off , especially outside , where it was pretty much straight up man. They didnt blitz much or try and send multiple guys , mutiple sets or guys from different positions ... something that Rex is famous for. You simply cant do that if you have a Fitz'/Moss ... we saw what happened when Revis tried to play real man to man , actual man w/ no help over the top from a S. No DB in the league can actually play straight up man w/ guys like Moss , Fitz , C/A Johnson , White , Wayne , Jennings ... any elite WR. Its just not possible , anyone who really think Revis covers guys in true man to man just isnt watching football and knows less than he watches. Fitz' can stretch the field in a # of different ways , 9 routes , deep cross , deep cross/deep post or double post ... he'll give you comebacks/short comebacks and bubble screens all day. Line him up out wide , in the slot , in a bunch , doesnt matter. Hes a game changer and one of the best football players in the league , nevermind best WRs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Id give up a 1/3 , if we could sign him to a 5-6 year/40-42 million contract , i wouldnt go much hugher than 45.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

He was the THIRD pick in the draft.  Arizona is going to want something more than 33.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

gonna need more than just the 33rd...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Without a CBA is this even possible? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

Players cannot be traded without a new CBA.

ARI will want way more than the 33rd pick.  The Cowboys traded a 1st, 3rd, and 6th for Roy Williams.

He also will want way more than $7 million a season.  He's been making $11 million a year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

It would probably take a 1st and 3rd rounder at the minimum to get him IMO. It'd be great to get him but at the same time the Pats need to use the picks for defense

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I said 28 and a late 2nd/early 3rd yesterday.  

Of course, this is more than unlikely if they can't get a new CBA done before (we'll see) April AND if Fitzgerald is true to his word (wanting to win more than breaking the bank).

I know someone posted his demands the other day for a contract, but I am wondering if that is to force his way out of town, similar to what Boldin did.

Why is he going on record saying he wants to win and raving about NE publicly? 

I laugh at idiots like Andy Gresh yesterday on 98.5 claiming no one wants to come to NE anymore.  Really?

You don't want to play on a team that has their stuff together and has the best coach and QB in the game?  Really?

Boldin priced himself out and then asked to be traded, only to sign a reasonable deal.  HE did this because he saw a better situation elsewhere, already made his money and saw a sinking ship in Arizona with Warner retiring.

Well, I doubt Fitzgerald wants to wait around for a QB to develop now too.

If NE wanted to unload 28 or 33 and a 3rd for him, and he wasn't out of line with contract demands, it's absolutely something to consider.

He's a character guy, hard worker, a #1 WR and runs all the routes. 

The key will be when the CBA is finalized and how  much he wants, because I think Arizona realizes they need to rebuild and move on from their previous era.

If, they are smart.  That remains to be seen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: pick 33 for FITZ??:
    [QUOTE]Players cannot be traded without a new CBA. ARI will want way more than the 33rd pick.  The Cowboys traded a 1st, 3rd, and 6th for Roy Williams. He also will want way more than $7 million a season.  He's been making $11 million a year.
    Posted by Anarchy99[/QUOTE]

Other team's stupidity does not set the market.   This is what Logan Mankins and his stupid, arrogant agent haven't learned.  That's called a market outlier, it's not the market itself.

Boldin or Marshall's deals are more recent and more representative of the market.

NE can offer #33 and their high 3rd and that would be enough for Arizona to think about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's probably true that Fitzgerald is worth more to Arizona in draft picks than he is on the field, as they've got no one under center who can get him the ball consistently. It remains to be seen how the Card's go about solving their quarterback problem, but if I'm running that personnel department, I'm getting a helluva lot more than a first-round pick for Larry Fitzgerald.

There's always a team willing to bet the farm on a skill player.

That team is not likely to be the Patriots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I would do it for two picks, assuming they can get him locked up long term.  Fitzgerald is the kind of guy you do that deal for.  An immense talent and a tough bastid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am pretty sure, like Boldin, FItzgerald has a no trade clause. So, the team willing to bet the farm is likely a crappy team Fitz would block.

Sections
Shortcuts