Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight......

clear evidence that the world just hates winners.  Herm Edwards one of the last toons i heard say this and disregard that the pats have won 10 in a row.  Sure the giants were must-win games, but the pats win when they didn't need to which makes for a harder win in my book.  they know new england has the better qb but they all on eli's d.  I just hope brady is brady come sunday. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight......

I hear ya. I just have to shake my head every time I hear how the giants are the hottest team in football.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

Yea, saw Herm on ESPN last night...

1) Better QB? Eli, because he's won 5 straight & playing better than TB12
    2) Better RB's? Giants, Bradshaw & Jacobs better than BJGE & Woodhead
    3) Better WR/TE's? Giants, too many weapons & all legimate threats
    4) Better D? Giants DL unblockable & a better secondary
    5) Better ST? Patriots playing better in this area, solid all year & well coached
    6) Better Head Coach? This is a tie, both at the top of their game

Is Herm for real? To be honest, I love him and all of the other "experts" picking against us, it so works in our favor all of the guys/girls telling the world how much better the Giants are than the Patriots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Herm Edwards...

another total failure as a head coach, totally baffles me why he's considered an "expert". If he knew what he was talking about, he'd be a coach, not talking about coaches.

He had to watch from NY as that "overrated" team in NE was winning Championships.

He's the benefactor of one of the luckiest/most bone-headed plays in NFL history and somehow has spun that into a post-playing career. Fascinating.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I love Herm Edwards...but he really needs to stick to motivational speaking.  How can you not love listening to the guy?  Even if he's spouting nonsense...as he is in this case. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

ok herm is an idiot, no need to take anything that comes out of his mouth seriously

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, Herm is a nut

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Well, alphabetically the Giants come before the Patriots. Never mind the New England comes before New York. And, well, the simple fact of the matter and an overriding one is that both Giant RBs have won but BJGE and Woodhead and Ridley have never won.

But of course the biggest reason really is that the Giants have the best group of waterboys in the league.

How many ways can you make up? TUne in to ESPN...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

The bias is sickening, I saw a commercial advertising the SB and all it showed were Giant players in action. Burns my backside.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Heres what I dont understand.... Herm Edwards got FIRED!!!!! He was not a good enough coach for the NFL. But ESPN brings him on and ask for his opinion? I dont get it, he's not good enough for the NFL. Thats why you see so many of these coaches with horrible records picking wins throughout the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Herm is awesome. A legend in his own mind.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

sirius sat radio (not sure which channel) had a thing on the banner being ELI vs MAYO.  The response was tom f'n brady!  Can't stand how they want to write off brady.  He has a chance to tie montana but the giants tend to stop/end records of the patriots so I'm not liking it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

The Giants have won the last three matchups ( including one pre-season).

The Giants have been playing teams as tough and tougher than the Pats almost each week for the last half of the season.

The Giants are not the least bit afraid of or intimidated by Belichick and Brady.

This is why lots of knowledgeable football people are picking them to win again.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : Eli led his team to twelve stalled drives last week.  Twelve?!!  Can someone explain how that is playing great. 
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]
    Eli was playing against a very good defense on a windy, wet day.

Eli won the game.

Your point is kind of silly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well Eli has won 5 straight games and all Tom has won is 10 straight games so the obvious winner is the guy with half as many wins in a row,huh? Which team has more sacks in the playoffs? Giants have 8 in three games,Pats have 9 in two games,obviously the team who has played more games with less sacks is the better team getting after the QB,Eli was hit so many times last week that ref almost stopped the fight by technical knockout and Brady was barely touched at all so we all must now realize that the Giants O-line is the better O-line at pass protection. If any of these projections seem odd then you actually have a functional brain, only a dimwit would think based upon pure numbers that the Giants are the better team. I'm not a mathemetician nor do I play that role in a TV series but I'll take my chances with 12 being a greater number than 10 and with that said I think the Patriots win by two TD's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight......": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : Eli was playing against a very good defense on a windy, wet day. Eli won the game. Your point is kind of silly. Posted by JAR59[/QUOTE] But a point nonetheless.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Give it up guys. The Patriots are facing a team that has an offense better than the 2007 Patriots and a defense better than the 1985 Bears. Plus they've won 5 straight. The Patriots don't stand a chance.Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : Eli was playing against a very good defense on a windy, wet day. Eli won the game. Your point is kind of silly.
    Posted by JAR59[/QUOTE]

Both teams played in bad condition.
    Ellie scored 10pts if not for poor special team play on the 49rs part and better special teams play on their part.
    Granted it was a team effort, but Ellie alone, not so much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Giants are currently on a 6 and 5 winning streak.   That's a sort of winning streak; if it had been 5 and 6 it would be called a 5 and 6 losing streak.  Actually if it had been 5 and 6 then Dallas would have gotten the playoff spot long before the Giants could have gotten the 5 victories, or else someone like San Francisco would be the NFC contender.

In exactly that same time frame, the last half of the season plus the playoffs, the Patriots are on a 10 and 0 winning streak.  The Patriots played one less game because they earned a bye week.

Every team that makes it to the Super Bowl has to be on a 2 and 0 winning streak by definition.

I suspect that the New York Giants enjoyed playing in the rain better than San Francisco.  It doesn't rain out there for months at a time in the summer into the fall.  The margin of victory may have been the wet ball slipping out of people's hands.  I can hardly wait to see the New Jersey Super Bowl played in a cold sleet.

I suspect that the Giants benefited from the Green Bay offensive coordinator losing his son to drowning six days before the game.  The whole Green Bay Packers community was shocked and saddened.

Patriots:  20
    Media:    17

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : Eli was playing against a very good defense on a windy, wet day. Eli won the game. Your point is kind of silly.
    Posted by JAR59[/QUOTE]

Eli's team won the game. Eli only did well when he was given the short field by his Special Teams.

Lot of fair weather you keep bringing.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : Twelve failed drives, and half of his points from gifts, yet Eli won the game? Eli was lousy, he was just lucky that Smith and the PR were worse. Your conclusion is "kind of silly".
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]Ah, playing the "lucky" card again, I see.

You Patriot fans are good at that.

The ultimate goal of a football team is to score more points than the other team, not have more sustained drives.

Most of the time, those two things go hand-in-hand, but not always.