Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight......

In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight......:
    The Giants are currently on a 6 and 5 winning streak.   That's a sort of winning streak; if it had been 5 and 6 it would be called a 5 and 6 losing streak.  Actually if it had been 5 and 6 then Dallas would have gotten the playoff spot long before the Giants could have gotten the 5 victories, or else someone like San Francisco would be the NFC contender. In exactly that same time frame, the last half of the season plus the playoffs, the Patriots are on a 10 and 0 winning streak.  The Patriots played one less game because they earned a bye week. Every team that makes it to the Super Bowl has to be on a 2 and 0 winning streak by definition. I suspect that the New York Giants enjoyed playing in the rain better than San Francisco.  It doesn't rain out there for months at a time in the summer into the fall.  The margin of victory may have been the wet ball slipping out of people's hands.  I can hardly wait to see the New Jersey Super Bowl played in a cold sleet. I suspect that the Giants benefited from the Green Bay offensive coordinator losing his son to drowning six days before the game.  The whole Green Bay Packers community was shocked and saddened. Patriots:  20 Media:    17
    Posted by Paul_K
    Ah, well, here's a new twist.

If you're not playing the "The other team was lucky" card, you've come up with "the other team was sad because of the death of someone close" card.

That's a good one, I'll give you that.

It's no wonder why arrogant Patriot fans are among the most despised in all of football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : Ah, well, here's a new twist. If you're not playing the "The other team was lucky" card, you've come up with "the other team was sad because of the death of someone close" card. That's a good one, I'll give you that. It's no wonder why arrogant Patriot fans are among the most despised in all of football.
    Posted by JAR59

JAR, Patriots fans are hated because the team they root for has gone to 5 of the last 10 SUPEBOWLS! Half of them! and they've won 3 with a chance for another win , 4, next Sunday. They are hated because the incredible discipline that our entire team shows is viewed as arrogance and implies that, "WE ARE BETER THAN EVERY OTHER ORGANIATION IN THE SPORT, TOP TO BOTOM, and WE DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS." We understand why you hate us.....WE ARE THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!! YOU ARE THE HATERS!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, JAR59.. answer this:

What has the Patriots organization and its players done, other than win and compete EVERY year, to deserve such hate?  Please answer with examples of things the Patriots have done outside of winning that would make one hate this organization!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

Hey, JAR59.. answer this: What has the Patriots organization and its players done, other than win and compete EVERY year, to deserve such hate?  Please answer with examples of things the Patriots have done outside of winning that would make one hate this organization!
    Posted by agcsbill
    Bill, I didn't say the organization, I said the fans, and most of them here are proving my point.  You, who appear to be fair-minded and non-malevolent, would be an exception.

Most football fans not from the NE area, if answering honestly, would probably say they respect and admire the Patriot organization, myself included.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Who's the arrogant ones?
    The fans on their own blog, rooting for and defending their team or the antagonist fans from enemy lines bashing the Pats and their fans?
    Do you expect anyone to agree with you?
    My suggestion is, stay away if you don't like it.
    Problem solved!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

Who's the arrogant ones? The fans on their own blog, rooting for and defending their team or the antagonist fans from enemy lines bashing the Pats and their fans? Do you expect anyone to agree with you? My suggestion is, stay away if you don't like it. Problem solved!
    Posted by pezz4pats
    I think I will.

But I'll be back Sunday night about 10:30.  I don't expect many of you will be here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight......":
    In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : Eli was playing against a very good defense on a windy, wet day. Eli won the game. Your point is kind of silly. Posted by JAR59
    The point is Eli didn't play great in that game. San Fran gave the game away. Brady didn't have a great game either, and the point is he was playing against a very good defense as well. So your point is ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight......":
    In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : Ah, playing the "lucky" card again, I see. You Patriot fans are good at that. The ultimate goal of a football team is to score more points than the other team, not have more sustained drives. Most of the time, those two things go hand-in-hand, but not always. Posted by JAR59
    If you believe what you are saying, then apply your logic to the Pats season and 10 game winning streak. You can't have it both ways, jarhead. How many buttheads like you said the Pats were lucky to win the Baltimore game? Thank you for answering them for us. It wasn't luck that the Pats defender stopped 2 pass plays at the end of the game, forcing the Ravens Tory the botched field goal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

Yeah,  so sick of hearing how great/hot the Giants are. they barely made the playoffs by 1 play, finished 9-7 and a missed kick by Dallas, keeps them from being a .500 team and watching the playoffs from home, then of course the 2 goofs by SF saves them again, unbelievble.  Now all the experts want to say how great this team is, and Eli is awesome and on fire, he is elite now, completely slurping up the giants juices, bunch of bandwagoners. geez. what a joke. yes they are a good team, but cmon, keep it in perspective.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : Bill, I didn't say the organization, I said the fans, and most of them here are proving my point.  You, who appear to be fair-minded and non-malevolent, would be an exception. Most football fans not from the NE area, if answering honestly, would probably say they respect and admire the Patriot organization, myself included.
    Posted by JAR59

Appreciate that response..   it is weird about the hate, though, and I understand it is a "fan" thing.  But, when we see posts that say: "I hate the Patriots!", what do they REALLY hate?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : I think I will. But I'll be back Sunday night about 10:30.  I don't expect many of you will be here.
    Posted by JAR59

Well, JAR59, we may be late to get here since we'll be watching the trophy presentation for the winning Patriots and, possibly, hung over with total happiness!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The thing is, if you were to match up almosts any Pats' player head to head against most other teams' players, the Pats wouldn't come out on top.  Yes, there's Brady and the receiving corps, but they don't have the best rbs in the league, they don't have the best lbs in the league, the best secondary, etc.  Point is, the Pats are always at their best when the sum of their parts is greater than the individual components.  Pats won every single SB in that manner, and they're going to do it again next week in such a way.  Even when Brady stunk last week, the D pulled out a win in a spectacular manner.

So when media heads and other prognosticators overlook what made the Pats the Pats in the first place, then they just prove that they're nothing more than talking heads.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Edwards should confine his picking to to what he picks best. His NOSE !!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Soups... it is a TEAM game and they all acknowledge that fact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The Giants have won the last three matchups ( including one pre-season)."

I feel sorry for you that you count a pre-season game as a legit victory. 

FYI the reason Pats fans like me are annoyed with analysts is that we see these teams as evently matched. 

Both - yes both - teams are lucky to be in the Super Bowl. And yet they also earned it. I know this kind of complex thinking is hard for you to grasp. But then you are a troll.

By the way, don't plan on coming back next Sunday at 10:30 whether your team wins or loses (both are possible). We have no interest in interacting with you and your time is better spent working on your own character than bullying people here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Heres what I dont understand.... Herm Edwards got FIRED!!!!! He was not a good enough coach for the NFL. But ESPN brings him on and ask for his opinion? I dont get it, he's not good enough for the NFL. Thats why you see so many of these coaches with horrible records picking wins throughout the season.
    Posted by maine12

But he's got that one most important qualification; he's black. I think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Soups... it is a TEAM game and they all acknowledge that fact.
    Posted by agcsbill

That's my point, though.  The media spends too much time saying the Pats aren't talented enough at individual spots.  My point is, it's a team game which is why the Pats beat teams that have better athletes at a lot of spots.  But ESPN likes to try to make people think football is based on the best athlete.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Re: Pick:  But I'll be back Sunday night about 10:30.  I don't expect many of you will be here.
    Posted by JAR59

I'm sorry, but I've got to call bullshoot on that one. I've seen your type on these forums a million times during the Pats decade of dominance. There is a very specific type of person that feels the need to come to these forums for the sole purpose of antagonizing and harassing people. I don't know you. But I don't need to. Like I said, I know your type. That's assuming you even are a Giants fan and not another one of these mod created personas. You sound a lot like Underdog. So I'd say there's at least a 50% chance.

Anyway, If the Giants (and their 27th ranked defense) somehow pull off the upset you will be here to rub every one's nose in it like a gutless, faceless coward. And if the Pats  win there is a 99% chance we don't hear from you again.

Either way, even if you do show up here after a Pats win and don't make excuses, so what? Is that supposed to wipe out all your bad behavior.? Is that supposed to impress anybody? It wont.

You've made it perfectly clear what type of person you are. It's a little too late do the right thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Since about the last Playoff game, I've really watched NO sports.

100% of my SB info comes from this forum, or talking with people. I'm also in the Hartford area, which, specifically around Hartford, is more NYG than NEP.

The feeling I get, from actual fans, is that this should be a tight, physical, close game coming down to the 4th quarter. That's the general consensus.

For the national media to be SO FAR OFF from what the local FANS are feeling is a complete joke. Just shows how little any of us should be listening to anyone. The most absurd, rediculous thing about all of it, is ESPN is 100 miles from NYC, and IN NE, and THEY STILL CAN'T FIGURE ANYTHING OUT! They absolutely, fvcking suck, I hate them and wish that network didn't exist.

No REAL Pats fan expects a blowout win. No REAL Giants fan expects a blowout win I say REAL because there are plenty of threads here, or at NY sites which tout there team's greatness, and how the inferior team on the other sideline is merely fodder for the Champions.

The point an outsider is making about pats fans being hated? Its true. As a GROUP, we've become entitled, spoiled, arrogant fans. I dared start a thread about NOT being overconfident before the Denver game, and somehow was made out to be a bad guy. In fact, the same can be said about Sox fans too.

Fact is, nobody should be surprised regardless of the outcome. Either team can easily win. I can even see a scenario that either team could end up running away by 20+ points, though I don't think it likely.

As far as being able to say what anyone wants on a forum? Sure, absolutely true. Just understand that this forum is NOT exclusive to Pats fans, nor should it be. Fans of other teams are allowed, and should be WELCOME additions. If someone is throwing absurd comments out there feeling safe in the comfort of a "Patriots" board, they deserve to be called on the nonsense.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

In Response to Re: Pick: Giants because they've won 5 straight...... : kind of like how before SB 42 it was Tom Brady EVERYWHERE...as one of the Giants said the SB Program was just a Tom Brady magazine. Brady here there and everywhere-about to be crowned the "greatest ever" after the foregone win in that game...funny, never heard any bias complaints from pats fans then...
    Posted by JintsFan

Well, I dunno...did the Giants go 18-0 in the run-up to this year's Super Bowl?

That may have had something to do with the recognition factor involved...

Hummmm....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

ESPN is spending the vast majority of their time pointing out how the Patriots have no chance.

I had to ignore ESPN radio this morning.  And I think I ma done watching ESPN tonight.

It is absoeffinglutely ridiculous!

I am so sick of hearing about the Giants pass rush and Eli Manning

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

... clearly the Giants went 9-7 and had their own fans calling for the Head Coach's job to lull everyone into a false sense of security about their greatness.

I, like many of us, really like the Patriot's chances on Sunday. Our O-line is better than it was in '07, our attack is 'quicker' than it was in '07 (no more waiting for Moss to get open) and our Defense is inspired and playing as a unit - much better than they were during most of the year. Bring it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

ESPN is spending the vast majority of their time pointing out how the Patriots have no chance. I had to ignore ESPN radio this morning.  And I think I ma done watching ESPN tonight. It is absoeffinglutely ridiculous! I am so sick of hearing about the Giants pass rush and Eli Manning
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

If the entertainment choice is watching ESPN or watching paint dry, I usually pick the paint.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

For me watching or listening to any sports about the SB has become very difficult. From their perspective the Pats have no chance. They seem to think the Giants have the greatest offense and defense. Listening to them, I am beginning to wonder how the Giants ever lost a single game. I guess the Pats shouldn't even show up for the game. Coverage of the SB has become a complete joke. Sunday can't come soon enough. Watching the NFL network last night was the final straw. Irvin and company broke down how the Giants wide recievers can't be stopped. Nauseating!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts