Pick the Jets v Steelers Game!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mad_Women_of_Football. Show Mad_Women_of_Football's posts

Re: Pick the Jets v Steelers Game!

In Response to Pick the Jets v Steelers Game!:
    [QUOTE]Pick the Jets  v  Steelers and tell the how and the why. The Steelers are giving up 3.5 points, at this time, and playing at home, where they lost to the Jets a few weeks earlier in the season. After Ryan's conquest of Belichick, and the Jet's team out-executing the Pat's team last Sunday, who with a pure heart amongst us could righteously root for the Jets? -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

i'm picking the steelers because i hate the jets.

i only have one caveat.  i want ben 'the rapist' rothlessburgur sacked, and by sacked, i mean i want his rapist sack ripped off in a pile of bodies going after that prolatesphereoidal if you know what i mean.

hee, hee. hee.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I'm picking the Steelers only because they're playing at home.  I know, I know, didn't do the Pats much good as the Jets have certainly played well on the road, and beat the Steelers in the regular season in Pittsburgh.  Can't stand the Jets, can't stand the Steelers, but I think the Steelers will win  by five - 28 to 23.  I envision the Steelers winning the turnover battle, confusing Sanchez, and I see big Ben making just enough plays.  Either way, I'm expecting a hotly contested game and may the best team win.

I got GB over Chicago, and I don't see it as being all that close.  Something along the lines of 31-17.  Rogers will make some big plays with his arm and legs, extending drives.  A qualifier:  if GB loses the special teams/field position game by kicking to Hester, they could end up on the short side.  But GB can apply pressure and although I can see Cutler making some good plays, I see GB winning the turnover battle also.

Of course, I had Atlanta vs. Pats in the SB, so what the heck to do know - lol:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm commenting on this thread.  Comment comment comment.  Comment.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm a big Steelers fan this weekend.  With that said bet the jets, lol!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Pick the Jets v Steelers Game!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pick the Jets v Steelers Game! : i'm picking the steelers because i hate the jets. i only have one caveat.  i want ben 'the rapist' rothlessburgur sacked, and by sacked, i mean i want his rapist sack ripped off in a pile of bodies going after that prolatesphereoidal if you know what i mean. hee, hee. hee.
    Posted by Mad_Women_of_Football[/QUOTE]

-

Oh, that's cold, Lady, but a good pick.  BR is scum, I agree.

Only 2 picked the Jets.  I heard Shaughnessy of the Globe thinks the Steelers will win but is pulling for the Jets because it would be better for the Pats and because the Jets are more entertaining.

And also because if the Jets win it will be Rapey Rothlesberger's 3rd SB putting him and Pitt on equal footing with Tom and the Pats.

9 - 3 Steelers, so far, with 2 wanting both to lose  -  how you compute that percentage is beyond me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Couldn't care less... but, you notice the "love fest" the Jets are having with the Steelers and how they are commenting about that team?  For example, comments about Big Ben..  paraphrasing here.. " he is a QB who likes to throw it down the field, does not check down, wants to make the big play, is not afraid to get hit."  A back handed jab at Brady, huh?  Seems compared to the Patriots, the Jets feel the Steelers are a team that can get meaner, be real physical who can punch them in the mouth while the Pats are not that tough team to face.  In a way, I have to agree... has anyone felt the Pats are a team who will slug it out with another team, "punch" them in the mouth, so as to speak?  You never really felt the Pats defense threw fear into an opponent like they have in the past.  To repeat an oft repeated phrase.. "defense wins championships" and the 3 Pats SBs were won with a great defense that punched the other team in the mouth.  When will we see that again!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

Come on!  lol!  Another one of these RIDICULOUS threads?  Didn't YOU ALL LEARN YOUR LESSON after that recent BEAT DOWN when you did not take the Jets as a threat to your manhood?  Good God!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

There was only ONE beatdown I remember.  It was 45-3.  The other two games were actually just losses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I want the Jests to win. Then they can lose in the Superbowl to GB. That way they can hoist their "participation banner" when we play them at home the first weekend of the 2011 season.  The Modern day Bills/Vikings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

[QUOTE]Couldn't care less... but, you notice the "love fest" the Jets are having with the Steelers and how they are commenting about that team?  For example, comments about Big Ben..  paraphrasing here.. " he is a QB who likes to throw it down the field, does not check down, wants to make the big play, is not afraid to get hit."  A back handed jab at Brady, huh?  Seems compared to the Patriots, the Jets feel the Steelers are a team that can get meaner, be real physical who can punch them in the mouth while the Pats are not that tough team to face.  In a way, I have to agree... has anyone felt the Pats are a team who will slug it out with another team, "punch" them in the mouth, so as to speak?  You never really felt the Pats defense threw fear into an opponent like they have in the past.  To repeat an oft repeated phrase.. "defense wins championships" and the 3 Pats SBs were won with a great defense that punched the other team in the mouth.  When will we see that again!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Well its true rothlisberger fights the contact when being sacked.  tom brady just falls down

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingliar. Show kingliar's posts

Steelers. They, unlike the Pats, have a pass rush and no one defends the run better. With the run game snuffed it's all on Sanchez and he can't carry that load.
         Nonetheless, the Packers are going to crush whoever they play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I can't believe it but I'm cheering for the Steelers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I'm picking the Jets. I just don't think the Steelers are as good as we think they are, and the Jets are confident after their last two wins. Hopefully that will be their downfall...

I still think the Packers win it all this year though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot-fan-74. Show patriot-fan-74's posts

I picked the Steelers in this one. I want them to beat the Jets badly. The steelers are a totally different defense when Troy is in the lineup and I think there defense is ready to put a beat down on Sanchez. I look for the offense to take a few shots down the field with Wallace and I think Mendenhall will pound on them as well. As long as Ben doesn't make costly turnovers, I think it will be the Steelers say.....27-17

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Steelers. Their D will get to Sanchez the way the Pats couldn't. With the form guys like Harrison, Ziggy Hood and co showed in the second half I can't see the Jets winning. Also they were mighty lucky to beat them a few weeks ago without Troy P. With him back Steelers win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorFootball. Show DoctorFootball's posts

[QUOTE]I'm commenting on this thread.  Comment comment comment.  Comment.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

How many times are you going to show everyone on here how much of a childish little moron you are? Seriously, dude, get a life, grow up, or just leave lol.

We already know your a fool, must youCry show it every day? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorFootball. Show DoctorFootball's posts

[QUOTE]There was only ONE beatdown I remember.  It was 45-3.  The other two games were actually just losses.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    Dave, notice how no one is paying attention to you much anymore little boy?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Strong Forum Consensus.

Looks like over 75% of the voters on this forum believe the Steelers will win.

That's an overwhelming majority.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Steelers D will do to Sancheez what Bears D did not Rodgers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Wow, Martina Mcbride singing the national anthem, she's from Kansas

Sections
Shortcuts