Pick the Pats vs Ravens Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Pick the Pats vs Ravens Game

Pick the game, predict the score.  Kansaspatfan nailed the last game right on the head.

So com'on on Brave Hearts, real, true Patriot's fans will put their money where they're mouths are and lay their money down on the Pats who are favored by anywhere from 1 to 3 pts. right now, with the over/under at 45.

However, there is some concensus among so called experts that the Ravens will come away with the victory.

What do we think?  Vote and/or predict the score, and if you want to post the how and why, please, do so.

Tough game to call.  Seems everyone is afraid of this one.  No more Moss.

-

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/odds
       Odds

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem  Experts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

Re: Pick the Pats vs Ravens Game

As much as I want the Patriots to win, I think Baltimore is going to take it. I dont think it will be a blow out by either side but will be won in the 3rd quater.
    I hope Im wrong!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

34-10 Patriots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The first two posters are trolls, as is any subsequent poster who picks the Ravens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Pats over Ravens, 34-16. Just got a feeling the Pats are going to serve it up this game.

P.S. - I misread option 4, Pats' blow-out.  Change my win-and-cover vote to Pats-blow-out vote.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Patriots will win 24-21.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This will be a nail-biter, decided in the 4th qtr.  20-17 Pats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Pats 24-20

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Ravens don't have a quarterback.  Patriots win comfortably.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Pats 34-20

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Numbers aside, I tend to emphasize the opponent's weaknesses and minimize the Patriots' weaknesses. 

The Ravens had zero cornerbacks whatsoever six weeks ago.  Everybody got injured.  Since then, Fabian Washington did a creditable job last week.  That's their best cornerback.  Who is Baltimore's third cornerback and how is he going to cover Brady's third receiver?

Baltimore is rock-solid up the middle and only Danny Woodhead can run through them, on a draw play of course.  Any running game that New England has will be outside the tackles either left or right, where Gronkowski, Hernandez and at least one fast-running pulling guard can get there before the linebackers and overpower the safeties.

Without Moss, Brady will have five hot targets and will get rid of the ball more quickly.  The Patriots will go heavy, encouraging the Ravens to go heavy too or give up some runs, and then while under center Brady will spread the field, requiring the fatsos to huff and puff downfield in coverage on near-burners like Hernandez.  Expect 7 yards on first down, make the next first down, 7 yards, make the first down, 7 yards... pretty much as usual, with Hernandez and Gronkowski catching passes in the red zone this year.

BB has had 13 days to plan all this out.  The Ravens should expect some surprises.  Just as important, all of the starting talented grade school kids may have gotten a bit better with all the extra practice time. The team has been in utter chaos with Leigh Bodden gone, with Ty Warren gone, with Butler having a nervous breakdown, with Woodhead coming out of nowhere, with Kyle Arrington suddenly starting, with Branch in, with Moss out.  Maybe this problem will regress to the mean with enough extra time.  Finally, underperforming veterans like Sebastian Vollmer might no longer underperform if they have healed up a bit. 

Special teams are a wash, and if you believe that then you're from Baltimore.  They'll believe anything.

Baltimore caught the Patriots just after Wes Welker was lost for the year, a real blow to the Patriots' dreams.  That won't be true Sunday. 

Out of considerable respect for the Ravens I say the Patriots don't quite cover.  31-30 Pats

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I say we win this one. I think Wilfork and Mayo are going to step up and stuff the run. Chung too maybe. I also think Brady can get more than two touchdowns on these guys with all the receivers he has. I only voted that we win and don't cover is because I don't know what the point spread is. Go Pats!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

21-17 Pats  defense does enough, BB has a good record coming off a bye week

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrganizedChaos. Show OrganizedChaos's posts

In Response to Re: Pick the Pats vs Ravens Game:
    [QUOTE]Numbers aside, I tend to emphasize the opponent's weaknesses and minimize the Patriots' weaknesses.  The Ravens had zero cornerbacks whatsoever six weeks ago.  Everybody got injured.  Since then, Fabian Washington did a creditable job last week.  That's their best cornerback.  Who is Baltimore's third cornerback and how is he going to cover Brady's third receiver? 31-30 Pats
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Acually our best corner is Webb.  Washington cant tackle for crap and his coverage skills are suspect.  Webb is a little raw in his coverage skills but the boy can hit and has amazing recovery speed (see both pass break-ups on Mike Wallace in Pit.). Second is Washington.  As for the Nickel its rotation.  It can be anyone from Nakamura, Wilson, Carr, Williams, even Gooden who has Safty speed.

This will be our biggest test in Brady this year and i think it will be a close game, but i dont see either team scoring over 30 points.  Man is it Sunday yet?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Pats 27-21. Pats get three turnovers 2ints and one fumble recovery. Pats give up one int

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Pats by 10.  I'm thinking 27-17

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

At home after a bye week. Pats win 24-21.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Pats - 29-28 (2-point conversion)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Pats get W 31~21. Mesko's leg needed in early stages and will deliver. Cunningham to shine. D step up a notch v tough opposition and learning curve continues to develop. I expect Danny W to have big afternoon in Patriot win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]34-10 Patriots.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

-

"The first two posters are trolls, as is any subsequent poster who picks the Ravens."  themightypatriots. 

Don't we all just love this guy and his cute one-liners.  LoL

-

But I like what Ed Ryan wrote in the Globe:

NEW ENGLAND (-3) over Baltimore: I’m sure the Ravens are Super Bowl contenders and I’m unsure if the Patriots fall into that category. New England is vulnerable defensively, but I’m more concerned about Baltimore because its schedule has been brutal. The Ravens are on the road, in a non-division game, and they’re in for a letdown. I’ve yet to pick a game involving the Patriots this season but it’s time to take a shot. Risking $110 to win $100.

-

I guess he makes as much sense as anyone else.  what's interesting is it's the first time I heard of a possible let down by the Ravens. There could be something to this.  But then again they're playing the Pats.  could they possibly let down against this Pat's team?  I don't think so.

But I've been trying to understand the spread, and maybe they know something we don't know.  Combine the possibility of a let down by the Ravens with the Pat's 11 game home win streak and 7 game win streak after the bye, combined with the 13 days BB had to prepare, the rest factor, the home field advantage, and I guess you give the Pat's 2.5 points.  For a home team that's almost like calling it even.

I'm not buying it.  Flacco is underrated and improving.  They can run and control the clock.  They haven't yet put up the points they are supposed to be capable of.  Their defense is very good.

This could be a real close game or it could be a blow-out.

As much as I want the Pats to come out and prove everyone wrong with a stellar performance in all aspects of the game, I don't see it happening.  I don't think they've faced a team this tough yet.  And this is the game where we should see the impact of the Moss loss.

I gotta give this one to the Ravens by a wide margin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]34-10 Patriots.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

What I think too

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]The first two posters are trolls, Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I think so too

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pick the Pats vs Ravens Game : I think so too
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

-

I guess it takes one to know one, eh. 

The name calling and stupid one-liners contiinue. LoL

But 34 - 10, eh?  I guess we'll see if your last week's pick was a fluke or if you have a direct line to the future. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm guessing 38-24, with the Ravens scoring a meaningless touchdown late.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I'm not a troll. Ravens win close game 24-21. I think right now they are the best team in the AFC, Maybe the NFL.

Sections
Shortcuts