pick your top ten best moments in the patriots history.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

pick your top ten best moments in the patriots history.

I saw this thread,and its actully intreasting.here is some moments,but maybe there are many more you can think of.we are talking since the patriots franchise first started up to now.im gonna have to think on this,plus study there list also.

http://top10.patriots.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: pick your top ten best moments in the patriots history.

My Top 10 you'll easily notice a trend with the top 8 :)

1. Super Bowl 36 win over St. Louis
    2. Super Bowl 38 win over Carolina
    3. Super Bowl 39 win over Philadelphia
    4. 85-86' AFC Championship win over Miami
    5. 01-02' AFC Championship win over Pittsburgh
    6. 04-05' AFC Championship win over Pittsburgh
    7. 03-04' AFC Championship win over Indianapolis
    8. 06-07' AFC Championship win over Jacksonville
    9. 82 Snow plow game vs Miami
    10. 85-86' Widcard win over the Jets

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

How's this:

1. Trading pick #16 of the 2000 draft for Bill Belichick
    2. Super Bowl 36 win over St. Louis
    3. Super Bowl 38 win over Carolina
    4. Super Bowl 39 win over Philadelphia
    5. 07-08' AFC Championship win over San Diego (the first team ever to go 18-0)
    6. 01-02' AFC Championship win over Pittsburgh
    7. 04-05' AFC Championship win over Pittsburgh
    8. 03-04' AFC Championship win over Indianapolis
    9. 06-07' AFC Championship win over Jacksonville
    10. Pick #199 of the 2000 NFL Draft - Tom Brady

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I have to go with pick#199 in the 2000 NFL draft.  I remember saying "who's this guy?"  Little did anyone know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

1. 1985 AFC Championship Game. The slogan, "Squish the Fish," was inaccurate (not to mention retarded), but this was the first Pats team that came from nowhere and b*tch-slapped everyone who said they had no business in the Super Bowl -- which, of course, they didn't -- not that year.

2. Vinatieri kicks a 45-yarder into a raging blizzard to send the divisional playoff against the Raiders into overtime. Best kick ever. We are not debating this.

3. Drew Bledsoe comes off the bench to throw a touchdown and punk the Steelers in their house in the 2000 AFC Championship Game. Loud-talking Steelers subsequently cancel extraneous travel plans to N'awlins. Mike laughs.

4. Pats dominate St. Louis in the first half of Super Bowl XXXVI with a punishing defense that has flouncy Rams receivers afraid to catch the ball.

5. Brady (with a huge assist from some guy named J.R. Redmond) leads the Pats down the field with a minute left in a phenomenal gut-check drive, after Blowhard in Residence John Madden explains how "You've got to play for overtime here."

6. The sound of my entire neighborhood going off as one (you could hear it through the walls) when Vinatieri hits the kick that sends "The Greatest Show on Turf" home with some lovely parting gifts.

7.  Donovan McNabb wandering around like a kid who lost his mother at the mall in the waning minutes of Super Bowl XXXIX. This was the moment when it became okay to eat Campbell's Chunky Soup again.

8.  The Tom Brady - Jake Delhomme aerial circus in Super Bowl XXXVIII. Honorable Mention to that guy who keeps making the kicks -- what was his name?

9.  Pats crunch Cincinatti to cap 1985 season with a wildcard playoff spot. Long-suffering Pats fans (including pre-prairiemike) storm field and extract goalposts. Subsequently, drunken yahoo is electrocuted carrying spoils down Route 1.  You guys are all pikers -- That guy was a Pats fan (emphasis on was).

10. "What's Steve Grogan doing in the trunk of my cah?"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

1. First Super Bowl victory.
    2. Second Super Bowl victory.
    3. Third Super Bowl victory.
    4. 21 game winning streak.
    5. 19 game winning streak.
    6. Going 18-1 ( don't argue ).
    7. Beating Dullphins in 1985 AFC Championship Game.
    8. Beating Oakland 48-17 in 1976. Only team to beat them that year.
    9. Beating Jerks 56-3. Jerks players swear we'll never score 56 on them again.
    10. Right. So next year we beat them 55-21.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ih8coltsfans. Show ih8coltsfans's posts

The #1 play of all time?

Sept. 23, 2001 Drew Bledsoe tried to scramble for a first down and was hit by Mo Lewis near the sideline as he approached the first down marker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You forgot the one where Irving Fryar left the stadium at halftime and crashed his car into a tree.

Classic.Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to pick your top ten best moments in the patriots history.:
    [QUOTE]I saw this thread,and its actully intreasting.here is some moments,but maybe there are many more you can think of.we are talking since the patriots franchise first started up to now.im gonna have to think on this,plus study there list also. http://top10.patriots.com/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]I like all the above,plus troy browns ints as a DB.kevin faulks stripping the ball of the chargers DB after he intercepted bradys pass.which secured the win for the pats.and last one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVbDQF8m1-4

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: pick your top ten best moments in the patriots history.:
    [QUOTE] Another great moment was Willie McGinest goal line tackle a.gainst the colts
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE] that was a huge play.i jumped off the couch after that stop.yelling and cheering.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"I like all the above,plus troy browns ints as a DB.kevin faulks stripping the ball of the chargers DB after he intercepted bradys pass.which secured the win for the pats.and last one of my favorites."

Sorry but Troy Brown was also the person who stripped the ball from Marlon whatshisname.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]"I like all the above,plus troy browns ints as a DB.kevin faulks stripping the ball of the chargers DB after he intercepted bradys pass.which secured the win for the pats.and last one of my favorites." Sorry but Troy Brown was also the person who stripped the ball from Marlon whatshisname.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE] I beleive you are right, now that im thinking about it.it was our receiver,playing DB.as for marlon,underdog might know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]There was a play at the time it happen I was jumping up and down yelling and screaming (all Sam Adams aided). It was in the super bowl against the Rams when Tubucky Jones picked up the fumble at the goal line and ran it the length of the field....... not to be
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]
    that was a bummer.willie hurt us on that one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]I don't blame Willie the plan was to hit Marshall Fault any way possible so he held him just little to long. 
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE] sometimes i wish someone would hit him now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]He is on the NFL network right? I don't get that but I've heard he is A-hole on there. Crying about losing to the Pats...what a loser.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE] oh he still cries.if someone brings it up,he rolls his eyes,or makes certain face expressions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

I remember a play, but can't think of all the details. Maybe someone here will remember...
    I'm thinking this was 1996-ish (give or take a season). It's 3rd and long. Bledsoe fires a pass to Troy Brown, who catches it, then gets slammed by a defender. The ball comes loose and lands at Troy's feet. He can't pick it up because the defender is on top of him. Troy kicks the ball up with his feet to a teammate--an offensive lineman!--who runs for another ten yards and the first down.
    I wish I could remember more, but for some reason that play more than most has stuck in my memory.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The day Billy sullivan put the money up to enter into the AFL.
    Watching some very good Pats teams play at Fenway Park

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

My top ten. My moments are more individual plays than simply superbowl victories.

1 Adam Vinateri game winning kick vs Rams; watched live from Norleans
    2 Troy Brown field goal block and lateral to Atwain Harris (I really hate steelers)
    3 Crushing the Steelers in the fog bowl. ( did I mention, I hate the steelers
    4 The snow Championship game vs. Colts (Ty Law's 3 picks)
    5 Troy Brown steals ball away from San Diego receiver in 06
    6 David Patton's huge catch vs. the Steelers
    7 Rodney Harrison's pick to secure championship game at Steelers.
    8 Ben Watson's unbelievable run diagonally across the field to stop Champ Bailey from scoring a TD in 06. 
    9 The big snow storm game vs. the Dolphins to win the AFC east championship 
    10 Squishing the fish in 1985

Since we are on the topic of the best, here are some of My worst memories:

1 Losing to the Giants in 07, to ruin the perfect season ( I think I didn't watch espn, nfl network or listen to weei for a few months
    2. The damm Jets video game cr%p.
    3 Super bowl loss to bears in 85
    4 Drug scandal that preceded the 85 super bowl
    5 Lisa Olsen sexual harassment scandal
    6 1990 1-15 season, the only win on the road
    7 losing to the Colts in the championship game 
    8 1996 loss to the Packers ( I was there and had to listen to Packer's fans for 4 days. We torchured them all week prior with the, "Pack it in the azz chants", so I guess we had it coming.
    9 Losing to Denver in 2006

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I saw this thread,and its actully intreasting.here is some moments,but maybe there are many more you can think of.we are talking since the patriots franchise first started up to now.im gonna have to think on this,plus study there list also. http://top10.patriots.com/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Lonie Paxton's snow angel

The throwing of snow to the tune of the music during the Dolphins game in December 2003

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Also in 1996. We're losing to the Giants 22-0. Bledsoe completes key pass to Troy Brown, who catches it while sitting on the ground. We go on to win.
    I believe Brady also completed one like that to David Patten in the Snow Bowl.
    Also, on that play in the Super Bowl against the Rams where Tebucky Jones runs 100 yards with the fumble...McGinest was guilty of not much more than heavy breathing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The idea that the Pats would actually finally win the Super Bowl crystallized in my mind when Tebucky Jones scooped that ball up and raced the length of the field. The flag was simply what a fatalistic Pats fan would expect at such a key moment, but in the clear light of day, Willie practically tackled Faulk on that play. I don't like the selective nature of holding calls -- it happens on every play -- but as parochial as I am, I can't watch that replay an honestly say it was a bad call.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]
    I'll never forget Adam vinitieri chasing down and tackling hershel walker from behind on a kickoff in dallas, when hershel had a 20 yard headstart. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

These aren't my top moments, but they are my fondest memories:

I'll never forget sitting there in the blizzard with just two layers on and no waterproofing in my boots, screaming my lungs out just to stay warm, with icicles hanging from my hair.  There was silence and awe as Vinitieri kicked that field goal, which seemed like it was only going to travel 30 yards, but hung up in the air for an eternity before sneaking above the crossbar to tie the game.

I also remember vividly the flash of lights as Vinitieri kicked off from left to right (from the perspective of the Patriots sideline, where I was sitting with my Dad for Super Bowl XXXVI) to Az Zahir Hakim, and again when he lined up for the 48 yarder that won the game.  It was surreal.

A few years later, the Patriots were playing the Titans and Steve McNair, who had tied with Peyton Manning for MVP (we'd beat the Colts and Manning a week later).  It would have been an amazing game to watch, if it wasn't 10-15 degrees below zero with a 15-20 degree wind chill.  I was wearing 7 layers of shirts, 3 layers of long underwear, 4+ pairs of warm socks, and a winter jacket, standing in a sleeping bag, and still bitterly cold.  To this day, if I'm ever cold, I bring myself back to that game and I won't be cold anymore.

But perhaps my fondest memory is uniquely my own.  I was only 7 or 8 at the time - it was 1996 and the Patriots had just played a home game at Foxboro Stadium.  The nice part of Foxboro Stadium that was lost with Gillette was the fact that the players had to travel by the fans in order to get to their cars at the bottom of the hill.  Adam Vinitieri stopped to sign autographs as he usually did.  I was sitting on top of my dad's shoulders.  I asked him for his hat, and he asked what he would do without his, so I traded my Dad's for it.  He autographed it, and it still hangs in my bedroom today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Jim Nance's 65 yard TD against Buffalo in 1966 which helped us win the Eastern Division of the AFL. Or was it Eastern Conference? Can't remember.

Sections
Shortcuts